What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Emiepie
on 11/9/21 5:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- I'm glad your vision is a bit better today and I hope by the end of the week you'll be happy with the decision and seeing much better.

QOTD: I haven't been doing anything too creative lately that doesn't involve Excel. My current crochet project is using the yarn from the inside of a baseball.

TSS: 7 years 2 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Tuna packet, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Chicken breast strips, broccoli with cheese sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Taking a rest day

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1395 Protein: 123 Carbs:128 Fat:47

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 11/9/21 5:56 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Oh no, Excel creativity is not the fun kind... Your crochet project sounds neat!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Lisa91941
on 11/9/21 6:09 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I woke up every hour last night. For no reason. I think I'm up for the day now. Black dog just came in for his morning cuddles and is happy I'm awake to stroke his ears. Today is Mickey day and I'm already online to get in the queue for the Starwars ride. Man have times changed since the E ticket days. If you know, you know.

QoTD: Definitely in the kitchen. My most favorite recent creation was a roasted Tri color carrot torte. Can't wait to try it again and fine tune my efforts. Love NYT recipes.

Meals are going to be weird this week. But I am taking a Barebar protein bar and P3 snack into the park with me today for breakfast and lunch. That just leaves dinner as an unknown.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Christina135
on 11/9/21 6:22 am

Mernin, Happy Taco Tuesday!

QOTD - yoga and meditation. I have to get creative to stay in the poses, and to keep thoughts OUT of my head!

Breakfast - back to fasting so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - no idea. Something veggie.

Dinner - I will be going out to my moms to check on her, she's had knee replacement surgery so will probably grab a taco on the way there, or on way home. Bean on corn sounds good.

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

catwoman7
on 11/9/21 6:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

another day of trying to stay on track calorie-wise (pretty much every day - sometimes i succeed, other times - no). I'm going to try to eat more healthy fat and fiber today to see if that helps. I just don't want this slight gain to get to the point where it starts to spin out of control...esp with the holiday season coming up.

it's supposed to be in the 50s today and no rain, so I'll get out on my bike again this morning. Our Mah Jongg group is meeting in person this afternoon for the first time in 18 months because one of the people is going to teach some others how to play, and she can't remember how to set everything up (since in the online version, all that is done for you). It'll be fun to play in person again, although I honestly really like playing in my pajamas from my bed or couch, with a big mug of coffee next to me. I'd be fine with playing online for the rest of my life!

so my brother will be arriving from NC either late tomorrow night or sometime Thursday because he's registered for a marathon this weekend (he just ran one last weekend - I think he's overdoing it, but whatever...). He'll be here for a week. Looking forward to it.

QOTD: the most creative thing I do is cook & bake (I used to hate baking, but I've grown to like it over the past few months). I especially like taking a muffin recipe and making a bunch of changes to it so I can actually eat one without much guilt (artificial sweetener, replace the fat with canned pumpkin, Greek yogurt, or unsweetened applesauce, replace at least half the flour with pulverized oats or bran flakes to increase the fiber, and add two or three scoops of protein powder). Ta da!

B: plain skyr with 1/2 cooked dice apple and a squirt of SF "maple" syrup. Coffee with half & half

MS: Greek yogurt with pomegranate seeds

L: either a pumpkin protein muffin or the usual chickpea/miso sandwich

AS: I'll take a protein shake with me to Mah Jongg. And maybe a keto bar?

D: not sure - maybe 1/2 a chik'n patty on 1/2 a slim bun and some cole slaw made with Asian-style dressing

I've got apples here - may have one for a snack for the fiber. Plus a T a peanut butter on Aldi's 35-calorie bread does a good job of holding me over for awhile. Thinking...

anyway, have a great day, everyone!

Teenie
on 11/9/21 6:46 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17
On November 9, 2021 at 10:02 AM Pacific Time, Queen JB wrote:

Well, I guess I will just keep the blind jokes coming because...yeah. I went to the follow up appointment yesterday and they acted like I was insane for expecting to be able to see clearly right now. I literally have a peace of paper saying that I would be able to drive to the appointment yesterday independently. but when I said I was worried that I couldn't focus on near or far, she said, "well what did you expect? You just has surgery on Friday"? Then when I told her I was worried about not being able to work this week, she LITERALLY called me "hysterical". It's funny because Grim and I are always joking about the stereotypes of hysterical women and here we are... he has one in his own house! Lucky him.

Anyway, I guess my vision did improve slightly throughout the day. My distance and close reading is better but still not great. I definitely cannot drive yet. Reading on the computer is currently the thing the most difficult task for me. I am using assistive tech to make the screen huge to do this :) At least that technology exists in case I am not better by Friday when I have to go back to the office.

I have my booster shot scheduled in the mid-morning, and that's my only solid plan for the day! Grim and I are thinking about following the trend of putting up our Christmas Tree super early, so we might go up to the attic and pull it all down and get going. Why not? We are super trendy :)

QOTD: What is the last creative thing you did? My blind-ass tried doing some small Christmas crafts yesterday... Lol, not my best work, but it was fun to play in the craft room. I also consider cooking to be a creative activity, and it was fun to make some new recipes yesterday by using up my pantry staples before things expire.

I ate so much yesterday! I have no idea where I even put it--I must have had a hollow leg. I just had so many bites, licked and tastes while cooking, then also ate full meals of my creations.

B: Click Protein Coffee

S: Egg & Goat Cheese

L: Chicken Sausage & Roasted Root Veggies

S: Balanced Break

D: Fish Tacos

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

QJB so sorry you are going through this rough patch with your sight. I hope you see improvement soon.

Looks like we will have a beautiful day here in Pittsburgh looking at mid 60's . I am hoping to run out at lunch to do some shopping. I need Boursin cheese to make the baked pasta sauce from TicTok. I'll use Banza as my pasta to cut down on the carbs. I have Bible study tonight so I'll make it for dinner tomorrow.

QOTD: I'll say a lemon cheesecake. I made Limoncello in the spring. I saved the lemon peels and boiled them in simple syrup to make candied lemon peels. They were super good. I kept the lemon syrup from making the candies and turned it into a cheese cake. I improvised using the Strawberry swirl cheesecake recipe and it came out beautiful. Everyone loved it. And my mom loves lemon so it was a win in her book.

Accountability: I had some pizzellas w/ maple flavored whipped cream.

TSS: 3 years 10 Months 29 days: 140.2LBS, (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Light and Fit strawberry cheesecake and berries

CB: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

L.2 wonton pizza cups and roasted vegies

D: Egg quesadilla

Exercise: 3.1 mile run (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 11/9/21 6:54 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

So, I tried to send my meet video to Kelly, and nothing. So either (a) I sent it to the wrong number and somebody out their is mystified by the videos, (b) I sent it to John's text instead of Kelly's and he thinks it is spam, or (c) she is dumbfounded and speechless by how bad I am.

I had done one local meet but never a national meet like this. It was in a big hotel in Reno and had two main platforms, judges, announcers, etc. and about 50 warm-up platforms behind the screen. Masters means 35 and over and they start by age. So, the 85 year olds lift on Friday morning and the 35 year olds lift on Sunday morning. My coach (70) lifted on Friday at lunchtime and I lifted on Friday evening. My coach is awesome and sets age group records routinely.

I was three pounds overweight on Wednesday morning, but was under by my weigh in on Friday at 4:15. When I weighed in they asked me if I was aware that I was younger and heavier than my coach but that he lifted more. I said that, yes, I was pretty well aware of that. At the designated time, they call all of the age group (55) athletes out on stage for introduction. Then the two events take place, first the Snatch then the Clean and Jerk. Three attempts at each per lifter. The lifts go lightest to heaviest. One minute between lifters, two minutes if you are following yourself (which can happen because it goes by lightest lift, not a set order)

There is a little bit of an art to warming up. Basically, you want to be ascending to a lift a few pounds lighter than that you will do on the platform, and do it a few minutes before you go out. Not too fast, not too slow. Fortunately, my coach has been doing this for 50 years and can time it just right.

For Snatch, I made 52 Kilos and 54 Kilos. I missed 56Kilos, after I thought that I had made it. Just got wobbly, I guess. For Clean and Jerk, I made 68 Kilos and 71 Kilos. I missed the Clean on 74 Kilos, which really shouldn't happen. So my total was 125 Kilos. I didn't think that I was training well, so was actually pretty happy. I got a medal because I was the only one in my age/weight class.

There were a number of people significantly stronger than me in the age group. I kept trying to remind myself that this is 13 guys nationally, so yes the competition will be tough.

QOTD: I did manage to squeeze the new wine fridge into a small space.

I have a doctor's appointment this morning, so fasting in case I need blood work.

Lunch: Omlette

Dinner: Hello Fresh

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 11/9/21 7:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh no! Can you try and send it again please?!?!? I was having some issues with my phone over the weekend and yesterday. I can't explain it, but somehow I was in "focus" mode off and on and when I have Waze open messages were being rejected. I did a restart and hopefully the issue is fixed now.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 11/9/21 7:29 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I gave it another send.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 11/9/21 7:32 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You did great! Be proud!

Most Active