What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/2/21 1:53 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning my friends! Woof, yesterday was a lot. I didn't have a break at all between 8:30 - 5 (not even a pee break) and today will be the same. I am also running a 2 hour training from 1 - 3 that I haven't written yet. Sigh. But I only need to make it through 3 more days because I am off on Friday for my LASIK surgery!

In other exciting news, my house closed yesterday! It was delayed 3 times for random reasons, so I am so happy it finally happened! Yay! And

QOTD: Are you involved in your local elections? I used to be super involved when I lived in the city. I was a board member of the community council and arts council, and I knew the minutia of every Ward. But I realized yesterday that I am so out of the loop with local elections where I live, to the point that we have a mayoral race today and I don't even know who is running! Yikes. I asked Grim to research it today and I am going to have to take his word on who to vote for.

I was staaaaaarving all morning yesterday. I think it might have been anxiety and not actual hunger but regardless, I ate my a.m. and p.m. snacks by 9:30am, then added a few more snacks that I rummaged from my desk throughout the day.

B: Protein Coffee, Egg & Cheese wrap

S: Nuts & Cheese

L: Pretzels & Cranberry Chicken Salad

S: Pirate Booty

D: Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 11/2/21 5:10 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Lasik is exciting; really life changing to be able to see!

QOTD - yes, I do get out the vote virtual work but I have no interest in being on any of the boards/commissions/etc, except I did have some interest in being part of the redistricting council but after reading the time commitments, it's something that has to wait for retirement. Colorado believes in full electoral participation and makes it super easy to vote and I received notification that my ballot has been counted and recorded last week so all good there.

I suspect that until I get to the grocery store my menu is going to continue to be a bit play it by ear.

Coffee plus half and half X3; ozery round with pb, I have a small hand chicken green Chile handpie I got at the Scottish festival for dinner, probably a protein bar in there too.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 11/2/21 5:30 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Eight and a half hours without a potty break would not be doable for me.

I've been thinking about Mrs. Clouse and, frankly, this seems like an enormous scam. Is there any evidence that children do not like Almond Joy bars? I'm pretty sure that liked them when I was a child. But a few proclamations to first time parents, and before she knows it she has a life annuity of dark chocolate and coconut goo.

Marilyn and my youngest had a good weekend at UAB. She said that my youngest had a million questions that he asked the tour guide during the campus tour, which shocked me.

Today is my last full day at home before I head out west. Kind of a light workout tapering towards Friday. As I return home, Marilyn will be heading East to a tennis tournament in South Carolina. After that, I have only one more travel this year, and Marilyn doesn't have any. I think we are ready to spend some time at home.

QOTD: nope

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

lunch: chicken

Dinner: Hello Fresh

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 11/2/21 7:27 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I second the Mrs. Clouse Is a scam artist comment.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 11/2/21 8:03 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I will let Mrs Clouse know about these conspiracy theories against her.
I still see her every couple of months or so for a hike or a walk.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 11/2/21 5:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Yay for LASIK and the condo closing! Yesterday was busy since I'm assisting with a project and payroll started- it was end of the day before I knew it.

QOTD: I'd say I'm in the middle- news is pretty much on every night but I don't research a ton. John follows pretty closely so I can ask him for the condensed version.

TSS: 7 years 2 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Tuna packet, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Pork, broccoli with cheese sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1364 Protein: 117 Carbs:128 Fat:46

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

GracielaSusana
on 11/2/21 6:01 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

QOTD Not really. There are a lot of career politicians in this area, so one is very familiar with those.

Today is a follow up with my surgeon, it has been almost five months. I have been bouncing between 200 and 202 for two weeks now. I don't remember what my surgery weight was, I was not required to lose any weight. Consult weight was 270 and I might have lost 10 pounds before surgery? I was required to follow a liquid diet for one week prior.

Physical therapy today and Thursday. Next week we will go to the keys to visit family, first time since COVID started, although some family has come to visit me.

No trick or treaters this year. I borrowed some candy from our work stash JUST in case, which I returned the next morning, but saved the lone Almond Joy for my husband. I loved Almond Joys AND Mounds bars as a kid. That teacher definitely had a scam going, but who could blame her?

Menu. Shakes, yogurts and Mongolian Beef, home made. It will still have a lot of salt.

JB Good vibes for your LASIK. I had it done over 20 years ago and it was one of the best things I ever did!

Sheila_H
on 11/2/21 8:00 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

My kids and a lot of my adult friends don't like the almond joys. But I will tell Mrs Clouse she was a scammer. I still see her every couple of months or so.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 11/2/21 3:06 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I hope your appt went well!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Christina135
on 11/2/21 6:13 am

Mernin y'all, happy Taco Tuesday!

QOTD - I research candidates and vote on issues, from the local level all the way up. That's my involvement.

Breakfast - fasting so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - spinach salad, some type of carb to go with it.

Snack - PB&J on Dave's killer bread, pepitas, cherry tomatoes and a snack-sized Kind bar

Dinner - tofu scramble, with Chao cheese on corn

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Most Active