What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Teenie
on 10/5/21 6:26 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My first 800 miles were ran in Brooks never thought I'd change then Pro Bike and Run put the Hoka Bondi 7 on me . It was a game changer. It even cut my time. I just think the ones that came from Zappos were a bad batch. The right one was larger than the left. Hoping the ones I ordered from Fleet Feet are better. I'll let you know tomorrow I'll be running them in the morning.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/5/21 9:39 am

As an experienced hiker, who used to volunteer to look for lost hikers, what your coworker does is very irresponsible and ... stupid. "I have a coworker who is always talking about his crazy hikes where they get lost and dehydrated".

I hiked a lot, like all over in Europe, Polish mountains, flat lands, in Slovakia, Hungary, Greece, etc. etc.

In Canada, and in US. All types of hiking, with marked trails, and without. Just one day hikes, or hiking/camping in wilderness.

I've been in a few situations that the hike was much longer than we expected, or the terrain of the trail got damaged to a point of non-passible, and we had to turn around, and got much more miles than we expected to hike. I/we still were prepared for the unexpected.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lmfontana4
on 10/5/21 2:41 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Hello and Good Afternoon,

I agree Tacos (and tamales) are more important then pumpkin spice. My DH did bring home some pumpkin spice Premeire Protein drinks from Costco yesterday. He said they were really good. I haven't tried them yet.

I had a very nice long weekend with my sisters and mom. I traveled to my home town in Montana since my older sister was visiting. We went out to eat but I managed to keep on my eating plan. They had lots of wine and other drinks. I however am not really a drinker. I did have one shot (A Duck Fart) that went staight to my head. That was my first alcohol since surgery so I did see what everyone says about being careful with consumption. I only had the one shot since I wasn't interested in adding calories in the form of alcohol. We also went axe throwing. So much fun. I also managed to get in a couple of long walks.

I will be traveling back to my hometown this weekend (if I can find someone to take care of the dogs) since my DH's aunt died unexpectedly. She was in her 90s and was in generally good health prior to getting pneumonia. So we have a funeral on Friday to attend. I will be taking my kids to the mall after work to buy some funeral clothes. At this point all they have is jeans and t-shirts.

I did sign my daughter and myself up for a Halloween 5K. It will be through city streets and include some "trick or treating" and costume dress-up. Should be fun. We are also going to do a Fright Flight zip line this month also.

QOTD: I like nature walks (that I call hikes) on designated trails (preferably single trek). As far as hiking into the wildnerness and making my own path, not so much. Even when I go camping it is really glamping in a trailer with heat or AC and my own bathroom! But I like being outside.

B: Triple zero greek yogurt, cold brew with half n half

L: WW taquitos

S: protein drink

D: Chicken tikka masala, cauliflower

S: 100 cal kettle corn

E: 30 min walking

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active