What's on your Thursday Menu?

Teenie
on 8/12/21 7:36 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Yes I can see the obsession. Since joining our church this past year I have a Judith now. This lady went to MIT and Harvard and has a degree in Geology. She is not as unique as your friend but still got a lot I can lean from her. I love hearing about her life journey.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

supershopper
on 8/12/21 11:42 am

and of course my mind wanders to the clothes! i bet she has tremendous vintage clothes!!!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

catwoman7
on 8/12/21 5:36 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

busy day today (for a retiree). I have to take one of the cats to the vet later this morning, then I'm meeting my niece at 11:00 for either coffee or lunch, and then my annual eye appointment after that. I need to get some exercise in as well. I'm not feeling it today, but I've done really well this week - so maybe it's OK to take the day off. Tonight I'll finally be making the mango cheesecake I think I mentioned a week or so ago. I'm lunching with a friend tomorrow (it's been rescheduled a couple of times due to her busy schedule), and she really wanted me to make that for dessert. So...I'm making it. Hopefully she'll be up for taking the leftovers as I have one more piece of tres leches birthday cake left, and I've been looking forward to not having any desserts lying around anymore. Too tempting. Luckily, other than on my actual b-day, I've been able to work them into my plan.

QOTD: no. I'm relieved that I'm married so I don't have to deal with the dating scene. I got on the Bumble dating module a couple of times to see who's out there in what would be my preferred age group (50-70). Answer: lots of people. And a couple that actually looked interesting - but I have no interest in dating if anything ever happened to DH.

B: plain Greek yogurt with fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake. Maybe an iced matcha latte (with artificial sweetener) at the coffee place

L: this is going to be screwed up because of the lunch/coffee date and 1:00 eye appt - so I'm going to take a protein bar with me in case I just do the matcha latte at the coffee place. Because otherwise I'm going to be famished by the time I get done with the eye appt

AS: probably L&F yogurt with a few berries. And if I exercise today, the last half piece of tres leches cake (unless I can get DH to eat it...)

D: Chinese-style stirfry vegetables with marinated baked tofu

have a great day, everyone!

Emiepie
on 8/12/21 5:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Friday-Eve. JB- you'll do great today! I can't wait to hear how it went.

QOTD: I don't think I would. I would hope to be able to stay busy and socialize but nothing romantic or emotional.

TSS: 7 years

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Rotisserie chicken with spinach and carrots, and a honeycrisp apple

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Shredded pork, veggies with cheese sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1395 Protein:120 Carbs:124 Fat:50

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/21 5:52 am, edited 8/12/21 12:38 am
RNY on 01/01/14

Hate 2 tell U guyz but Ex-boyfriends or ex admirers don?t go away ... they just get older , grayer and more toothless lol .

In a strange way it?s kinda flattering 2 have some ponytailed old dude want to take you on a Harley ride ... ( not so great when he shows up at five am lying about going to work and wanting 2 cuddle in ur bed )

I?ve mowed through generations of men literally. I?m not sure they?d like or understand that if they knew - then again they?re trying ( a lot less successfully ) to do the same thing .

Lisa91941
on 8/12/21 6:24 am
RNY on 10/29/19

JB, you will rock this thing today! My fingers are crossed for you too. Mel, I'm sorry about your kitty. I just hate this part of life.

My girlfriend is a bit better as of last night. Waiting for today's update. She's still on a breathing tube, but they woke her from sedation and were able to get her sitting upright for a short while. And she can move her hands! Huge improvement, but she is still very sick. She's consuming a lot of my thoughts as right now I can't be with her. Saving all the visiting spaces for her children to be with her and am on call to fill in any slot they need. But they are giving me updates 3-4 times a day and passing along my hugs.

Today is all work, no play until dinner time. We are going to walk to the little fish restaurant on site. So I won't need the energy to pull dinner together. Maybe we'll take the bikes and get a ride in after. I'm on day 12 ( I think) of my 50 squats a day, 25 chair lifts, 25 modified push ups. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but my muscles would disagree with that assessment. I'm sore all over in that good kind of sore that tells you you moved your muscles. I've been pretty good on food choices. I have a scale in the RV that I use to watch in general what's going on with my weight, but it's not as accurate as the one at home. I'm keeping to my plan and will see what happens when I weigh in at home next Wednesday morning.

QoTD: I'm just not sure! I have never lived alone in my life. Ever. So that sounds appealing to me on the days the hubs is making me crazy. But I know when he's off golfing or something for lots of hours, I'm lonely and act like I don't have a friend in the world. My girlfriends and I want a compound -- women in one house, men in another with a central place for when we want to entertain.

menu:

B: 1/2 hamburger patty, 1/4 c cottage cheese

L: last of the Costco taco innards

D: out to eat, but I'm going to try to pick something fish and not fried!

S: jerky or Two Good yogurt

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Melody P.
on 8/12/21 6:35 am - Amarillo, TX

Really have been sending positive energy your friends way and your way. Hugs!

Mel

Christina135
on 8/12/21 6:33 am

Merning, Happy Friday Eve!

QOTD - Absolutely not. If I were not with my husband, I wouldn't be looking for anyone else. He's the absolute love of my life. He's it. I know people would say "but what if you found..." No. This is it. I would be fine. I have friends, would make new friends, get another dog, keep busy. I would be fine.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - ugh, no idea. Didn't bring lunch. Didn't plan. Hubs has dentist appointment, so I need to see if anyone wants to go grab something. If not, I may go get a vegan pizza to have for lunch/dinner. I have to work late so, that may be just the thing to do.

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Sheila_H
on 8/12/21 6:55 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

JB - Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you today. Go get 'em. They'll love you.

QOTD: heck NO!!! If DH goes before me I'm not dating. Leave me alone with my books, my crochet projects and Luna. Don't need anybody or anything. When DH says we gotta keep healthy to live until 100 I just groan. I'd like to join Jen's commune, no men allowed.

My meals yesterday (egg fast - day 3)

• B: scrambled eggs w/shredded cheese (3 eggs)
  • L: egg shake (2 eggs)
  • S: egg custard (1/2 egg)
  • D: egg salad (3 eggs)
  • E: 5.5 miles jog

Happy jr Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 8/12/21 5:49 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I looked up a couple of egg fast shake recipes, how are you making yours?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active