What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/12/21 1:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Thursday, my Besties! I am sorry I didn't get to actually comment on anything yesterday--my day was about 16 hours long and super stressful, and I was just too spent to do anything except click 'like". But I am sending lots of love to the people who posted in need of support yesterday! I love that we can be here for each other throughout all the ups and downs.

This morning I have my interview for the job I am already fantasizing about having, lol. Imagining not having to travel has been making the 3 hour/day commute time in the car literally intolerable this week. It will be a tough blow if I don't get it and have to face the commute again with no end in sight.

QOTD: If you were single in your 80s would you like to date? My dear dear dear friend and mentor has been single for her entire life--tons of rich exotic boyfriends but no marriages, and that has always been her ultimate goal. She is almost 80 and just broke up with her boyfriend. She cried for 2 months but she told me yesterday that she is ready to start dating again. I can't even imagine that much will power to work towards a goal like that. I mean, I am sure the dates she goes on are a WHOLE LOT NICER than any of the dates I ever went on (she is a fancy lady!) but damn... NO for me on dating in my 80s (as long as I have cats)!

I really don't have a clue about food today. I am too nervous/excited to even plan beyond my coffee right now!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/12/21 2:13 am - Amarillo, TX

First up...a big, huge thank you for the support! Yesterday was rough, I cried a lot but I know Merlin is at peace and reunited with his bubba Otis and his canine sister Priscilla. It was weird waking up this morning and him not following me around. Will add a photo of the sweet weedoo(my grandmas nickname for him...he was a strange cat!).

JB, wishing you all the luck and crossing my fingers and toes! You've got this!

I'll be calling the pain clinic today if I don't hear anything by noon. I'm anxious over that to no end it seems. I did get my tutorial finished for the most part. Just waiting for the tester to make one. He said the tutorial looked good so that's a relief. I have a lot of ideas running in my head with the whole premise of the units I used. At least it's keeping my mind mostly occupied!

My Fitbit said I logged 75 minutes of activity yesterday. I think it's mostly from the crying and when we laid Merlin to rest in the backyard. I feel exhausted this morning. The pain was horrible last night. I know it's probably due to a lot of stress.

QOTD: I don't even want to date now so that's a big no from me! lol

Haven't a clue about food for the day.

Mel

Queen JB
on 8/12/21 4:49 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Such a handsome boy! He was lucky to have such a loving home with you.

catwoman7
on 8/12/21 5:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I must have missed the post about Merlin yesterday (I didn't come back on here after I posted). I'm so sorry to hear about him. Losing a beloved pet is so horrible. We've been through that so many times, and it never gets any easier. It's heartbreaking. Those first few nights are especially tough. I'm so sorry.

Emiepie
on 8/12/21 5:38 am
RNY on 08/11/14

What a Sweetie! Sending hugs.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 8/12/21 7:01 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Sorry for Merlin

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 8/12/21 8:37 am - Warren, OH

What a beautiful boy and he is lucky that you gave him his best life.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/13/21 10:39 am

Sorry to hear that. Hugs.

22 years. Wow, you guys made his life special.

My Emma is 14, and Dewey 7. I don't even want to think about them going to the other side.

Hugs.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Partlypollyanna
on 8/12/21 3:31 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Fingers, toes and ankles crossed for you Julia! They would be lucky to get you!

QOTD - my plan for my 80s is my small house commune with my besties and we're BARELY convinced their hubbies can join us, so going with no on the dating. But speaking of 80 year old women, has anyone read/listened to "an elderly woman is up to no good" by Helene Tursten? I loved it and there is sequel "an elderly woman must not be crossed" coming out in October. I am looking forward to it.

menu today

coffee plus half and half

egg sandwich

skyr

not sure on dinner

Have a great jr Friday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 8/12/21 4:53 am
RNY on 07/20/15

No, but I will add it to my book list, thanks! For some reason I have been struggling to get into the books I have started lately and so I am about 3 chapters in to 7 books. I guess I have more of a podcast-level attention span lately, haha.

Can we join you on this old lady commune? Grim promises to keep to himself and agrees to make small repairs and reach things on high shelves, as needed.

Most Active