What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/11/21 12:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Hump Dayyyyyyy! Today is going to be a long one for me. I have been up since 1:30am worrying about everything I need to do today so I finally just got up at 3 and decided to try to tackle some of it before going in to work today. I have so many meetings today and not enough work time, so a few extra hours will really help knock out some of the things hanging over my head. And this evening I have some phone screenings for a potential new coordinator, which is beyond exciting.

QOTD: Do you have a new "toy" you are excited about? I think you guys know that I love my Cricut. Well, Grim bought me a new one for my birthday, and it is the most up to date model and does lots of new things that my old one doesn't! Some of the new features are that it can cut thick materials like leather & balsa wood, it embosses, and it also cuts things much larger than the old machine could. All so exciting! I can't believe I haven't had time to even plug it in yet... I hope to get to play this weekend :)

Food yesterday was the usual-- perfect for 3/4 of the day, then I came home tired and let Grim make me a burger instead of the much lower calorie planned meal. But someone sent me a photo of myself at my party this weekend and... ugh--time to pay attention to the growing size of my ass, lol. I think I will join Sheila on the egg fast in a few days when I can get to the grocery store!

B: Protein Coffee (x2)

S: Chomps Meat Stick

L: Costco Chicken Skewers

D: 2 Egg Bites

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/11/21 1:55 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning folks. Hope you're all well.

I found out yesterday that no one in my town will do the MRI. It has to do with the certain lead the neurosurgeon used with the stimulator. The one permanently in my spine.... I don't know why he chose the one he did all I know is I'm not a happy camper. I should find out today, hopefully, what'll happen next. I'm betting they will do a CT scan or want to send me to Lubbock if they have one. Pain has been rather ****ty again. The stress and anxiety isn't helping but I've been pretty miserable in body and soul. I'm trying really hard to stay busy...I haven't been able to walk as much thanks to pain. Normally I'd push through but the pain in my hip area is to hard to ignore. I'd appreciate some positive energy if you could send it my way.

Not much planned for the day. We have the kids until 3 and then my mom wants to go get a book from Barnes and Noble. Might drop by Sam's to get a case of shakes. I'm going to try replacing two meals a day with shakes. I've let this sadness control me to long. I may still be upset but I can't let it wreck my body more.

I also will do the tutorial today and hopefully get it proofed by a few friends.

QOTD: I've got new jump rings...does that count? My mom bought me some rings to make mora pendants. I'll hopefully list them sometime soon on Etsy.

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

L: P shake

D: PP shake

S: peach, roasted seaweed and ???

Oh and a picture of Opal greeting me upon entering the kitchen this morning.

Mel

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/21 2:05 am, edited 8/10/21 7:58 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

She?s so sweet! It?s amazing how pets know and try to comfort us when we?re suffering:)

Melody P.
on 8/11/21 9:11 am - Amarillo, TX

They can be amazing.

Mel

Emiepie
on 8/11/21 6:03 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Thinking of you. I hope today brings you better news.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 8/11/21 8:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

Mel

White Dove
on 8/11/21 6:23 am - Warren, OH

I am sending you good vibes Melody. I hope this elusive MRI finally finds something that relieves all of the pain and suffering.

I usually have to do something completely drastic to start weight loss going. All meat and protein shakes are not an option for me due to kidney disease. My best thing now is increased exercise.

There are thunderstorms predicted for today, so I think I will spend the afternoon walking in the mall. It will be some exercise out of the weather and a way to relieve some boredom. I am back to wearing a mask everywhere. I used to feel like I could not breathe when I walked with the mask, but have gotten used to them and should be fine.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 8/11/21 8:29 am - Amarillo, TX

I need to figure out what to do. The eating has been horrid to say the very least.

As my therapist tells me feelings aren't facts. I need to love myself more and forgive myself a lot more. I've been feeling rather bitter and I don't like it at all.

Mel

Teenie
on 8/11/21 6:52 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

When DH had his stimulator implanted he was told he would not be able to have an MRI again because the Metal in the apparatus. I can not believe they did not tell you that Tidbit of info. If you have metal in you an MRI is imposable. It works on very strong magnets and your apparatus would come ripping through your skin. I hope they are able to find another way to view your spine. DH is having the same issues. His stimulator has only had minimal impact on his pain. I think he is going to end up on SSD. I am very sad cause I think he is too young for that. He is only 46. Good luck with getting the treatment you need. I'll let you know if anything they do for DH gives him relief.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 8/11/21 7:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

actually, titanium is fine in an MRI machine - I have some titanium clips in my abdomen. But you're right - with most metals, and MRI is a no-go.

Most Active