What's on your Monday Menu?

catwoman7
on 8/10/21 5:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15

holy cow - and I thought Cheese Factory was bad. How on earth can a piece of cake have that many calories? It must be HUGE!!

Lisa91941
on 8/10/21 6:34 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I found this picture on line with a purse for size comparisons!

catwoman7
on 8/10/21 6:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

OMG - I could probably only eat one of those six layers. That thing could feed an entire family!

Emiepie
on 8/10/21 9:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

It definitely was passed around the table.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 8/9/21 9:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All! (it's still morning here in Wisconsin - at least for the next 28 minutes...)

My online Mah Jongg game was early this morning because one of the people had a 10:00 am doctor's appt. After that i made a couple of phone calls that I've been needing to make, and did an exercise video, and ate breakfast. And of course checked email and FB...but...here I am - finally!

I have my weight loss support group from 1-3 this afternoon. It was my birthday weekend, too, so it wasn't pretty. I wouldn't go so far as to say I went right off the rails, but...it wasn't good. DH will be eating the rest of the tres leches cake. I loved it, but I can't eat any more of it. So it's in the back of the basement fridge were I can't see it. But anyway, not a good weekend for being in the middle of this month-long weight loss support series.

I requested to enroll in two online classes for the fall (slim pickin's as far as online choices go - although I suspect some in-person ones will end up moving online if the virus surge continues. But I thought I'd better sign up for online ones from the get-go just in case. I don't particularly want to sit shoulder-to-shoulder in a large lecture hall for 1.5 hours (or more) at a pop this fall. Anyway, one's a geography class and the other's an intro to architectural design class that's for non-majors, so I'm guessing it'll be more studying various types of buildings rather than doing all the technical stuff. At least I hope so.

QOTD: I've connected with a few old friends from the various places that we lived while I was growing up - all on FB. I ran into a few in person when I went back to Ohio for a friend's funeral a couple of years ago Another friend, now living in Alabama, I met up with when he was at a conference in Chicago. But a surprising number have died. Although I guess I'm getting into the right age range for that - people are getting cancer, having heart attacks, etc. I suppose that'll be more and more the case the older I get :-(

B: protein smoothie (blended with ice, kale, and frozen strawberries). Coffee with half & half.

MS: miso/chickpea sandwich with tomato and cucumber slices (ate this 45 minutes ago and I'm hungry again. Sheesh...I guess I'll go get some L&F or a peach when I get off here...)

L: this will probably be during my support group session - so maybe a protein bar

AS: Greek yogurt with 1/2 mango

D: saag paneer

have a great day, everyone!

Patty R.
on 8/9/21 11:50 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Belated happy birthday!

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

catwoman7
on 8/10/21 5:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

thanks!!!

White Dove
on 8/9/21 1:42 pm - Warren, OH

I still go to my high school reunions and meet lots of people there. There is a group of about 20 of us from grade school and high school who used to go to lunch about once a month before the pandemic. Of course we do keep in touch on Facebook.

JB, I am glad your birthday was wonderful. Last week ended up being a great week for you. Summer is going to be over in another four weeks and I will have to have a new routine. I spent this summer in the pool as much as possible. I do love autumn in Ohio.

For the last five or so years, I have allowed myself an eating season from Halloween until New Years where I ate whatever, gained ten pounds, and dieted from New Year's Day until May. This year, I plan to skip the holiday eating and do more exercise instead. I hope I stick to it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 8/9/21 3:17 pm, edited 8/9/21 8:17 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You?ll be able to stick to whatever you put your mind to!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 8/9/21 7:39 pm - Warren, OH

You are right. I just have to make a plan and then follow through with it. I am always saying that the difference between a wish and a goal is that a goal has a date attached to it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active