What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 8/7/21 3:50 am - Amarillo, TX

First off I'll likely not post tomorrow so happy birthday to JUniperBery(I hope I remember right!) and catwoman7 for today! Hope y'all have a wonderful day! Enjoy yourselves!

Not much planned today. The pain up-ticked yesterday but it's still at least better than before. Also didn't hear about the MRI. I'm really anxious about it. Super super anxious.

I've let myself go and today that has to change. It's been terrifying just how much I have not cared. A lot of it is exhaustion but in the end the buck stops with me. I've had every excuse to not care and it's bit me in the ass. I'm also not going to spend much time kicking myself all over. It creates a cycle that just explodes in on itself.

so...I'm not going to track yet but I'm measuring. When I track I get really weird. I tend to do the all or nothing attitude. If one number is off I get crazy(ier) so for now I'm just going to write it down in a notebook.

QOTD: what is your favorite flavor profiles?

My top three are umami, texture and sweet...of course sweet.

B: JUST egg, cheese, banana and coffee

S: PP shake

L: GF chicken nuggets, ketchup and fire roasted corn

S: ???

D: fish with stir fry

Mel

catwoman7
on 8/7/21 5:15 am, edited 8/6/21 11:40 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

thanks for the birthday wish, Melody!! I'm probably not going to stick to a typical plan today (esp since we're having pizza and cake for dinner), but I'm not going to allow myself to go off the rails, either. I'll do a virtual Zumba class this morning to offset at least some of it! I'm meeting my mom and sister for coffee later this morning - not sure what else is on tap. I did invite two friends to join us for pizza/cake, but it was kind of last minute, so I'm not sure they'll show up (one did say she'd try to stop by - haven't heard from the other one). But I need to do some cleaning today in case they do show up. I hate to spend my birthday cleaning, but...

QOTD: I don't know that I have a favorite flavor profile, but I don't like bitter things. I was not surprised when I took 23&Me and it said I have a low tolerance for bitterness (so it's evidently a genetic thing). Even cabbage sometimes gags me (not always - but sometimes I'll get a batch that's a bit bitter. UGH)

B: protein smoothie (blended with cantaloupe and kale). Coffee with half & half

MS: latte made with 2% milk and SF syrup. Afterward I'll probably have a protein muffin or protein bar (since I'll be out - so it'll have to be something portable)

L: chicken skewer and coleslaw made with Asian-style dressing

AS: I'd better have something so I don't gorge at dinner. Maybe I'll have the protein muffin here instead - or a protein mug cake

D: pizza and cake

have a great day, everyone!!

Partlypollyanna
on 8/7/21 6:12 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy birthday

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 8/7/21 6:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

thanks!!

Lisa91941
on 8/7/21 7:36 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Have a wonderful birthday!!

catwoman7
on 8/7/21 5:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15
White Dove
on 8/7/21 6:42 am - Warren, OH

I know that people my age all crave sweet things. I am sure that is because most of us were fed homemade baby formula. It was condensed milk, water, and karo syrup. I really like sour things, maybe that is genetic. My favorite thing in the world is probably lemonade.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 8/7/21 7:48 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It's a little *****illy here this morning. I just had to put on a sweater and I could not be more happy about it! Today is menu planning and then we are taking the bikes out for our favorite ride. About 8-9 miles and ends right in front of a favorite waterfront restaurant. So lunch there and then grocery shopping/Costco to take care of things for the week. I did very well yesterday on calories, ending at about 850. Scale creeped down the tiniest bit. I still hate how I put on 3 pounds overnight, but the most I seem to get off in a day is 2 ounces. This is how I ended up in WLS!! Oh, and I've also been doing the 50 squats for thirty days challenge, and added in chair presses and modified "counter level" pushups. My back can't sustain real pushups, but I can do something to work out these muscles and I'm trying. I am hoping to see things firm up on my back side. I've completed day 6 already today. I've said before, I really do not enjoy exercise, so if I can stick it out for the full thirty days, I'm going to be thrilled with myself.

QoTD: Definitely salty. And then I'd throw in texture and umami.

menu is a little iffy, but aiming for:

B: 2 oz gyros meat 1 oz halloumi with tomatoes

L: out, so maybe the insides of a taco

D: not sure, heading to the freezer now to sort it out. You can DEFINITELY tell that I have been focused on getting through the freezer, but we still have a couple more weeks before it's empty enough to clean the bottom...and I do want to clean the bottom!

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

lmfontana4
on 8/7/21 11:45 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Saturday to Everyone,

Mel-good job on recognizing your behavior and your intention to be more mindful. It is so easy to let life guide our choices, but it is really us that are making the choice, not life.

I had a non-scale victory yesterday. I needed some new jeans and was able to fit into a size 12! I haven't worn a size 12 in over 20 years. As you can guess I was super excited about that. I also exceeded 100 lb weight loss this week! I have never lost this much before. I think the most I have ever lost was 70 lbs, back when I did that my starting weight was less... Nonetheless, I feel this is a major victory for me and I can't wait to lose even more. Each week I worry about what the scale is going to do. Is this the week I will stall? Anyway, so far this journey has been rewarding each and every week with weight loss, energy, increased mobility, and just feeling better. I appreciate the support that each of you has provided thus far.

This will be a short week at work for me. I am working Sunday and Monday, then off the rest of the week. Each summer my family joins my older sister's family for a week of camping on a lake. So fun in the sun, some boating, and visiting the rest of the week! I have been doing some meal planning to keep myself on track while I am there. Today, I have homework, shopping for the trip, collecting camping equipment, and do general house chores like laundry.

QOTD: I think that texture is sooo important with food, love the spicy, and a toss-up between salty and sweet. The problem with UNami is the "earthy" -yuk!

B: Oikios Triple zero greek yogurt, iced coffee with caramel sauce, and half n half

L: TBD

D: TBD

S: frozen greek yogurt with strawberries

E: off day

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 8/7/21 3:06 pm, edited 8/7/21 8:06 am - Warren, OH

Yay for 100 pound loss. That is just fantastic. You should continue to lose for another six months or even longer. You will not waste away to nothing. Your body will know when it is happy and the weight loss will taper off on its own.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active