What's on your Monday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 8/2/21 8:09 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Don't question your dream. Go boldly and live happily!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 8/2/21 9:41 am - Warren, OH

Julia, I finished my novena for Pretty Tough and hope the right solution for him will happen now.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 8/2/21 3:20 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I am so excited for you!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/3/21 12:02 am - Amarillo, TX

I love hearing about your journey in moving. I admire you and highly respect you too! Following your dreams can be scary as heck!

Mel

Sheila_H
on 8/2/21 8:05 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning menu fam!

JB - keeping fingers crossed for a good result on Wed's ultrasound. And like everybody else I keep rooting for you for the job and the second interview.

DD is back on the east coast and I'm throwing away all the stuff I baked and she didn't fini**** was a bad week for me food wise and I didn't weigh myself on Sat. I'm giving myself till next Sat to assess the damage but this week I'm tightening the belt and getting back on my ADF routine.

QOTD: I have a funny story about this. Recently I bought a new sweatshirt online. I loved the color, it's a very light lavender. But when I got it I was surprised that it looked like somebody by mistake had sprayed bleach on it. Looks like a constellation of little drops of bleach. I called the store and asked them to send me another one because obviously this one was ruined. But the rep told me all the sweatshirts are like that. It's the way it's supposed to be. I'm like you mean I paid for a sweatshirt to look like I already put it through the wash and added bleach to it by mistake? Yup, that's the look. Hmmm! My husband keeps making fun of me every time I wear it, I've had many encounters with bleach and ruined clothes in the past. He says I could have made money if I knew about this 15-20 yrs ago. It turns out the sweatshirt is very comfortable with almost frayed neckline and great pockets for Luna's treats and my phone. So at the end it is my favorite sweatshirt and it looks lived in. Aaaaand, I did make a mistake recently and washed one of DH's grey sweatshirts with the white ones so now he also has a sweatshirt with bleach stains on it. We are now coordinating.

My meals yesterday

• B: coffee + Barebells bar
  • L: chicken drum sticks and corn
  • S: ratio protein yogurt
  • D: grilled salmon + green beans
  • E: I tried a new workout for me: Tabata with few friends on zoom. It was fun and I'm sore.

Happy start of the week, y'all!

Queen JB
on 8/2/21 3:24 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

That is so funny about the sweatshirt! The bleached t-shirt and sweatshirt are all the rage right now! I keep seeing them pop up on all of the Cricut pages with directions for how to bleach your own before you add the vinyl design. Ruining your clothes with bleach is definitely one craft I don't need directions on how to do, lol. #naturallytalented

Sheila_H
on 8/2/21 4:01 pm, edited 8/2/21 9:02 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

In my defense, when you look at it online, it doesn't show the bleach spots unless you really zoom in. Who does that?

Lisa91941
on 8/2/21 8:34 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I am all over the place this morning. Look, SQUIRREL! The prep work for stucco has now started. Dude is adorable. He's out there singing and dancing and working away. I wanna keep him. I've put a selection of beverages to chill in the fridge so I can offer him a water or something later.
Food was weird yesterday. Stayed in my calorie range, but was never quite full. I'm going to try and do better today to get fuel in me. Busy day with the grandkids yesterday and was ready to hit the couch when they went home after a real late lunch. Today, I have a pedi appointment (yay!) and a couple errands to run. I'm also wanting to work on updating my own little personal cookbook journal. It's just a selection of printed recipes that I've tried and we loved. When someone asks me for white chicken enchiladas, I know right where to go. I've just been tucking recipes and wish list stuff in there for over a year. Time to pay the piper and get more organized. I always write a little note by about what I love or when I served it. If my kids don't want it when I die, one of my dearest friends has asked for it.

JB, thinking the best thoughts about both things!

QoTD. I miss my blue zip up hoodie. But what's very dumb is I had gotten rid of it long before surgery because I was too fat for it. Never have found a soft and comfy replacement. Though based on the number of sweatshirts I have, I have certainly tried!

Menu

B: turkey and cheese omelette. 1/3 piece

L: halloumi and pulled pork with tomato and red onion

D: edamame spaghetti with meatballs and sauce

S: beef jerky, two good yogurt

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Queen JB
on 8/2/21 3:26 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Let this be a lesson to all pre-ops who are reading... if you have a huge perfect comfy sweatshirt, don't get rid of it after surgery--you will regret it!

Patty R.
on 8/2/21 11:33 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Good Afternoon and hello!

I've been a stranger here for a long time, but I was thinking of you all as I had my annual labs drawn this am. I keep up with some of you on Facebook and Instagram

14 years post lap-band and 5 years post bypass...wow. The weight loss is like everyone else, a MARATHON.

Sorry to read that some of you are not feeling well; some for a long time. Hope all turns out well!

I'm doing well, my boys are both out of college and in the workforce, woohoo!! The pandemic hit my family hard, like many other families.

QOTD: I have a very thick team Mom sweatshirt from when my younger son wrestled that hangs in the closet. Too warm for me!

Menu: Broccoli with cheese, venison meatloaf, fresh berries, steamed peapods, egg scramble

Be careful be safe out there!

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Most Active