What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/2/21 1:49 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello Hello, Friends. Whew, Monday again, already? My weekend was meh. I lost my battle with not being stressed about my health. I spent waaaay too much time on google this weekend and let myself get worked up a few times, which is very out of character for me. But we had friends over last night for a cookout, and that really helped me get out of my head :) I ate too many little pieces of bread with cheddar/bleu dip (soooo good!), but otherwise not a terrible weekend, food-wise.

It's actually going to be a short week for me! I have Wednesday off for my ultrasound, and then Friday off for a long-birthday weekend. I think I can handle 3 days. Oh and great news--I have a 2nd interview! It's not until the following week, though.

QOTD: Do you have a favorite sweatshirt? I'm sad that I threw my favorite pre-op sweatshirt away years ago. I got it up at West Point when I was in my 30s at a football game. It was huge, and I thought I would find one I loved equally in a better size, but I never found a perfect replacement. No idea what made that one so perfect--it was just a college sweatshirt, but it was the exact right softness, weight and wear!

Busy day ahead at work, so I am not planning on any time for snacking :)

B: Protein Coffee & 1 Costco Egg bite

L: Melon & Peach Yogurt

D: Salad with Steak & Goat Cheese

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/2/21 4:24 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone, sorry to hear you had a stressful part of the weekend JB. Hopefully the time will pass quickly until your ultrasound.

My weekend was pretty awful. Not a lot of sleep. Last night I took two extra Benadryl and slept for about 2 hours then has a few hour long sleep periods. I got less Saturday night. Just a bit ago I was dreaming and dreamed that I was chocking on powdered sugar(no idea where that came from) and woke up coughing. I am sooooooo tired.

I have an appointment with my psychologist this mornin. The hydrocodone is definitely not going to work for me. I just don't like it and it doesn't help enough with the pain to be worth it. I can commiserate with you JB about doctor google. I haven't actually looked on there in a long time but with the pain still so prevalent I have had every scenario run through my head. My neurosurgeon once said that I might end up needing my tailbone removed AND a fusion on my lumbar area. He had said I was to young and he refused to consider it for me. Well...when I use the tingle setting on the stimulator you can tell I have good coverage and it's just not materializing to relief. So I've convinced myself that I'll be facing another surgery... my mom who is a retired nurse think I will. I am ok with it...not happy but ok as I just want a bit of relief from pain. I've come to terms that I'll likely have pain of some degree for the rest of my life. I just am scared of a more serious and complicated surgery.

QOTD: I don't really wear them but I did have a favorite jacket that could qualify. It was a 4x tall men's jacket made out of kind of sweatshirt material...it was a little different but it was the best. I need to get a new jacket this year and I want a tall men's jacket. Since it seems they really don't make that tall of clothing for women. I'd love a cute Little coat but they are never long enough.

Food will likely be another **** show. When I don't sleep well I equate energy consumption with...well energy. Never works that way though in the end.

Here is a picture from Rocky Mountain National Park that I've used in a new app I found. I wish I could be up there now...I could use some mountain love.

Mel

Queen JB
on 8/2/21 3:05 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Very pretty picture!

Melody P.
on 8/3/21 12:06 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

Mel

supershopper
on 8/2/21 4:32 am

hi all

weekend was busy, Friday afternoon saw the oral surgeon for my teeth issues. he is going to have to remove one and then doa bone graft on it. then wait 4 months, and go back in for an implant. at least this place is more reasonable than a used car but its still very expensive. My sister came over Friday also and spent the night.

Saturday was my nephews birthday so we all drove 1 hour for family birthday time. there was one slize of pizza toppings only plus the crust, 1 swedish fish, 4 pretzel sticks and a mini m&m ice cream cup which didn't make me sick. then DH and I left and went through our old town we used to live in before this last move. that was a little sad.

QOTD: nope, i don't

food plan:

egg whites, cheese, low carb tortilla

coffee

leftover beef fajitas/beans

dinner: shrimp/ either stir fry veggies or not sure

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

White Dove
on 8/2/21 5:49 am - Warren, OH

I was working with a young man who was doing his father's income taxes last year. He remarked that his inheritance was going to end up in his father's mouth. His dad had had seven inplants that year at $5000 each.

If your employer has a plan where you can have the money deducted pre-tax, it helps with the expense. The inplant cost should not happen until 2022. I see a lot of expense for this type of dental work.

My dentist is as old as me - 73. He retired when he was 60, found it boring and went back to work. He is making a ton of money doing inplants.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

supershopper
on 8/2/21 10:23 am

i have a little in the FSA i can use for 2021 for the extraction and bone graft then 2022 will have the implant.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Queen JB
on 8/2/21 3:06 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

"1 Swedish fish" GOD BLESS YOU. I could (and would) eat my weight in those!

Emiepie
on 8/2/21 3:19 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Dental appointments always scare me.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 8/2/21 5:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

this will be a busy week, plus a minefield food-wise. I'll need to come up with a plan to navigate this. Three meals out (I think...), plus my b-day next weekend. I start my clinic's back-on-track Zoom class today (for patients at least 1.5 years out who are struggling). Perfect week for it (or not - depending on your perspective). It's the last week of the summer session of classes, too. I was freaking out because I'm really behind on readings, but I realized last night that most of them are downloadable PDF's, so I downloaded them to read later (that is, if I ever get around to it..). But that made me feel a lot better.

So glad to hear about your second interview, JB! I hope you get this job!!!

QOTD: the only time I wear sweatshirts is to and from the pool when it's cold outside. Most of them are too stiff and bulky for me to wear otherwise. I did have one from Penn State a few years ago that I liked, though - it was enormous and NOT stiff and bulky. Not sure what happened to it, but since it was enormous back then, it'd be doubly enormous now. I also had this burgundy-colored hoodie that zipped up the front that I used to wear (as a jacket) all the time in the spring and fall. I got it at Goodwill, I think. I lost it once and about died - luckily after calling around to a few places, I was reunited with it at a restaurant that I'd left it at. Why I got so upset about losing a $5 sweatshirt, I have no idea - but I did. I'm pretty sure it's still around here somewhere - although there's no way I could wear it anymore - I think it was a men's XXL or something.

B: Greek yogurt with diced mango, coffee with half & hal

MS: iced latte made with Fairlife

L: a Caprese salad (although made with grilled Halloumi instead of mozzarella)

AS: 1/2 protein muffin, L&F yogurt

D: zucchini/chickpea curry with a roti

ex: headed to the pool for water aerobics in a few minutes! I may do some handweights at home tonight, too - i need to ease myself back into resistance training (been away from that since my surgery last month, too - I can tell I've lost some strength)

have a great day, everyone!

Most Active