What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 7/17/21 1:12 am - Amarillo, TX

Happy Saturday to all of you! Hope we all have a great weekend.

I am up way to early. Way way waaaaaay to early LOL. I actually got so,e creative time in yesterday and finished something I just really love. It's really pretty. People are wanting a tutorial but I just don't have it in me as it was an extremely big pain in the ass to do. I may try to make another one in a different metal combination. Pic below.

We got a watermelon the other day. They were 2 for 5. Man is it good but I can't fini**** and will probably have to throw the last bit away. I am only allowing myself a certain amount a day. After it's gone I'm going to cut back on fruit a little bit. I don't eat gobs of it now but I will eat more berries than stuff like melons. I might get some little apples to have around when I want something sweet. I need to cut back carbs...eat more vegetables and protein. I need to figure out some dinner plans. I suck at planning ahead.

QOTD: If you had to pick a song to be your theme song what would it be?

I'd have to say This Is Me from the greatest showman. Or should I say I want to be. I sure don't feel brave most of the time lol

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee before and a little after

L: PP shake and maybe a small piece of kerrygold reserve cheddar(holy crap is that stuff good)

D: I'm thinking GF fish sticks and I might pick up some frozen stir fry to fix. This meal could change if we go to the store. I also have some fish fillets I might fix.

S: watermelon, L&F yogurt and roasted seaweed

Mel

Queen JB
on 7/17/21 5:07 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! I am enjoying a very very very lazy Saturday morning. I never just lay around on the weekends, but I am still recovering from this cold, so I laid in bed and watched TikTok videos for like 2 hours, and now I have moved to the couch and I am reading the entire internet, lol. I need to get to the grocery store today and do a little light house keeping but other than that, I am laying low and just trying to recover.

QOTD: Yesterday I accidentally had my music on shuffle and heard a Depeche Mode song that I had forgotten about. Where's the Revolution should definitely be my anthem!

Food was as usual yesterday--on plan all day, but came home exhausted after being out of the house for 15 hours so I collapsed and grabbed something easy and yummy instead of on plan. I need to work on this, this weekend and see how to plan for this inevitability but make dinner healthy when this happens. Also, still haven't had the buffalo cauliflower, lol.

Today:

Protein Coffee & 1 leftover Hashbrown

Greek Yogurt

BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER (lol) and hamburger

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 7/17/21 6:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

another beautiful morning - and it will be a beautiful day - sunny and 80 degrees F. Perfect weather! We'll have a string of these this week. I wish I could be out riding my bike, but I have to wait until my next follow-up with my surgeon (next Friday) to get the all clear to exercise. I hope the rest of the summer is as nice as this week!

no plans for today other than to get a floppy hat that can be tied under my *****so the thing won't keep blowing or falling off) that I can wear out in the sun. I'm supposed to try to avoid direct sunlight because of my scars (although other than a couple of small ones on my temples and under my chin, they're under my hair, so those should probably be OK...). I did see such a hat at Target yesterday that I didn't particularly love, but it will do the trick. I was going to look around at some other stores today, but I checked online last night, and ones that you can tie are unfortunately not very common. I don't know if I want to spend hours and hours trying to track one down. So I may just get the one at Target.

other than that, not much going on in my world this weekend. I still need to get caught up with classes. I'm doing really well in my poli sci class (on 20th century genocides) and have done pretty much all the optional readings and film watching because it's all so engaging, but I need to work on my other two classes.

QOTD: I'll have to come back later to answer this - nothing is coming to mind at the moment

oh! My weight is down 3 lbs since yesterday, so that "bloatiness" was definitely water. Whew!

B: plain Greek yogurt with blackberry/blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: chickpea/miso spread on 35 calorie bread with tomato and cucumber slices. Maybe some bagged coleslaw with Asian-style dressing

AS: 1/2 protein muffin, L&F lemon yogurt with raspberries

D: probably 1/2 a plant-based "burger" on 1/2 slim bun, Mexican-style corn on the cob

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 7/17/21 7:23 am, edited 7/17/21 12:25 am - Warren, OH

It is almost impossible to find a hat with ties in any stores around here. I have resorted to a few body pins in a straw hat to keep the wind from blowing it away. But that probably won't work with fabric. I can never find ties in the store, but do find them on Amazon, often with one or two day delivery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 7/17/21 7:29 am, edited 7/17/21 12:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

actually, the hat I spotted at Target was a straw hat - with ties. Although I have a straw hat here at home that I bought probably 30 years ago. I'll see if I can secure it with bobby pins - didn't even think of that! (but yes - you are right - it was the only hat I saw at Target that had ties - and I've found very, very few on the internet with ties...)

Partlypollyanna
on 7/17/21 11:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You might have some options on the sunday afternoons website. I picked up a hat by them when I was in Oz in 2006 and swear by them (and I've had a few styles over the years).

https://www.sundayafternoons.com/womens-hats/l/g/d/

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 7/17/21 2:35 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I discovered a handful of hats that tied on my rounds today - all at sports and outdoor stores (for golfing or hiking, I'm guessing...). I think some were Sunday Afternoons!

Lisa91941
on 7/17/21 6:26 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I don't want to be awake! But I am. Today is very laid back with a few chores. Target run and some groceries I hope! And a new doorbell. Mine is shorting out.
Mel, the necklace is stunning! Excellent work

QoTD: probably should be the theme from Rocky I sort of have a "let's do this " attitude about both the fun and so fun things in my life

Menu is iffy depending on grocery shopping. Have some JU.ST egg to use up so that and some cheese for breakfast

Maybe turkey pepperoni and parm slices for lunch

Dinner is out with friends tonight so maybe pot stickers

Have a great day! Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

lmfontana4
on 7/17/21 11:01 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Hi Everyone,

Melody, the necklace is beautiful. You need to sell these. Not much planned for today, probably some homework. I am getting towards the end of the summer semester so the heat is on to get some projects completed. Sunday, my daughter and I typically go kayaking and SUPing. I did purchase an additional SUP so my husband and son can also go with us. Monday we are going white water rafting. I had bought a Groupon a while back so we are using that for the rafting trip.,.

So I marginally increased my calories this week (around 800), my weight was only down 0.8 lbs this week. However, the previous 2 weeks I was down a total of 9 lbs. Most likely low loss is due to the large weight loss over the last several weeks. I decided I should start tracking waist and hip measurements. It isn't considered a weight stall unless the scale hasn't dropped for at least a month AND there haven't been body contour changes. I am down another pant size (14 from 20!). Nonetheless, I want that scale number down!

QOTD: I am not sure what I would choose. That is a hard question.

Today is an off day for exercise and I usually relax my diet just a smidge (I try to keep it under 1200)

B: Triple zero greek yogurt, 1/2 pc coffee cake

L: TBD

D: TBD

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

GracielaSusana
on 7/17/21 5:40 pm - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Qotd: Que Sera Sera. Not for the music, Just for the title.

menu: Breakfast was a shake

I work weekends and so had the Jason's Deli Salmon Salad I have been eating for the past 4 days for lunch. Again. I threw the rest away. Drove home in a monsoon. South Florida summer rains are intense, you can't see 10 feet in front of you.

Dinner was a soft fried egg, can't do scrambled.

Most Active