What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Melody P.
on 7/6/21 8:49 am - Amarillo, TX

We have prairie dogs a few blocks away! They are considered vermin here but they are so much fun to watch!

Mel

Greateight
on 7/6/21 10:58 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I know that they are as exciting as seeing a squirrel for people who live near them, but all the cars were pulled over to see them. Bison in the road never stop being amazing.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Melody P.
on 7/6/21 1:17 pm - Amarillo, TX

I do love watching them still! They have to cutest sounds.

Buffalo are amazing any day any time. I saw them in Yellowstone and cried like a baby(I might of done it with the first bald eagle I saw there too). Oh and when I was in Canada I saw a black bear with Cubs...cried with that too. LOL

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 7/6/21 3:23 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I don't mind the prairie dogs but in my head I just call them plague carriers. I love how loud they can get talking to each other though! Bison are always cool!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 7/6/21 9:52 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Star Wars park is the bomb!!! Very cool.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 7/6/21 5:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm with you on the food, JB. Although with me it's not always eating out (and hasn't been since COVID), it's that I spend more time than ever now at the grocery store since for months it was pretty much my only chance to get out of the house, and I stumble across all these interesting-looking things that I end up tossing into my cart. We have two freezers both PACKED with food. A couple of months ago we decided we'd only eat things out of our freezer for like two weeks - I think we need to do that again!!!

the only thing on the agenda today is going over to my friend's house this morning and this evening to take care of her cat, but I have lots of reading to do for classes, so I'll be busy. I may also make an appt for a pedicure. I haven't had one in ages. I've been thinking about it since things have opened back up, but haven't because I do water aerobics and was afraid the pedi wouldn't last long. But since I won't be able to exercise again until the end of July, maybe this is the time to do it...

QOTD: not a Disney fan AT ALL. I went to Disney World when it first opened in 1971 and loved it, but I was 11 years old then. I'm sure it would drive me crazy now. And I'm not into Disney movies anymore, either. As an aside, the first time I went to Japan 20 years ago, I stayed with a family for a few days. They kept asking me if I wanted them to take me to Tokyo Disney. Their English wasn't much better than my Japanese, but i knew what they were asking. I just pretended that I didn't understand what they were asking, and they eventually gave up. I had no interest in going there at all. Even if I liked Disney, I wouldn't spend a day at a Disney park while I was overseas. Why would I do some American thing while I was abroad? Much better to spend the day doing something uniquely Japanese.

as usual, I'll probably tweak the menu (and add a snack or two, too) - but here it is (whoops - the "Breakfast" subheading got cut off! Luckily, that's all that did). Have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 7/6/21 8:03 am - Warren, OH

Many years ago I was working in Detroit and asked to go on a team building experience to Dave and Busters. I did not know what Dave and Busters was and asked a co-worker. She said it was a really exciting, fun place and I would be so surprised and happy when I got there.

It turned out to be a place where you played a lot of different games. I was not exactly elated. When I asked another friend why Susie thought that Dave and Busters was so exciting, she laughed and said to remember that Susie had never been to San Francisco.

I know my obsession with amusement parks was because I was short and often not allowed on rides as a child because I did not come up to the line where they measured if you were tall enough to get on the ride. What impresses me about Disney is how clean the parks are and how great their customer service is.

I am also fascinated with virtual reality and Disney does that the best.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 7/6/21 3:08 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Ugh Dave & Busters in the worst! I have been to some terrible kids birthday parties there!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Greateight
on 7/6/21 4:05 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

I'm going with Chuck E Cheese as worse. Nothing more stressful that searching for your children in that big Habitrail.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 7/6/21 5:33 am - Warren, OH

I love Disney, but have been to Florida twice and California once. I like California better because everything is in one location, not five different parks. I enjoy talking to the senior citizens who are visiting the park. Once I was talking to a lady in her 70's who was alone. She used to come with her husband, but he was no longer alive, so she was there to remember those days.

I have also run into couples who moved to Florida and had some deal on passes where they could visit Disney every day. At the time, I thought that might be a great retirement goal. In Ohio, we have Cedar Point, which has 17 or 18 coasters and is a great place for people who love thrill rides.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active