What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/4/21 1:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

It's Fridayyyyyy! Let's see your pretty faces! I don't even have a selfie taken this week, so no personal pics for me... Instead, my pics are of the lovely back yard garden which is looking it's spring finest ;)

I don't want to complain but yesterday was a total PITA. I paid the price for leaving on time on Wednesday, and ended up working 16 hours yesterday. And during those hours, I managed to encounter every hurdle this job can throw at a person! BAH. Now today I am gearing up to give a yearly performance review today to the under-performer on my team :(

Anyway, send me alllll the happy thoughts today please! Let's start with a Happy QOTD!: Tell me something happy in your life right now! I am happy about hot temps this weekend! God I love summer! I am planning to get myself down to Cape Cod for a few hours to enjoy the sun and waves!

I did not stick to keto yesterday. I was perfectly AMAW all day. but at the lowest point in my afternoon I grabbed a handful of chocolate covered espresso beans to pick me up. 1/4 c of those delicious little ******** brought me up to 910 calories and 23 carbs! Oh well. I think I did a good job of not beating myself up.

I've been trying to do some planning for next week already, as I ease off AMAW. I am thinking that I will stick to high protein low carb but start to add in lots of veg, a little fruit, stay away from flour and sugar completely, and limit dairy, starches and grains to a few times a week. I have been playing around with some menus and I think I can make it work with my macros.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

KalesD
on 6/4/21 2:12 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

Yay for Friday! Today is probably going to be a long day - I'm working the crap shift that someone thought would be great on a Friday.. it's a 730 start time but your end time is ??? Earliest 3:30, latest 6:30. Anything after 3:30 is OT.. but even so who wants to work late on a Friday? Ew.

QOTD: I love how much energy I seem to have.. and I think the boy and I are going to go kayaking this weekend.

b: proffee

S: 120g cottage cheese, 7g PB, 40g raspberries and 10g bran buds

l: 25g ham, 25g Turkey, 1 mini pepper, 2 laughing cow wedges and slice Swiss cheese

S: no idea
d: probably bbq chicken salad again

S: tbd

e: heading for a run shortly

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Queen JB
on 6/4/21 6:24 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hope you get out of there on time today!

Have fun kayaking! Do you do it often?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

KalesD
on 6/4/21 6:32 am
RNY on 09/30/20

We try to go 4-5 times between June and Sept .. we don't own Kayaks so we rent them whenever we can!

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Melody P.
on 6/4/21 2:45 am - Amarillo, TX

Your garden is beautiful!

Good mornin menu friends. We made it to Friday. Now just to make it through Friday! lol

We finished mowing yesterday and I'm paying the price. I'm in a lot of pain. Hoping the reprogramming of the stimulator will kick into full strength and help soon. I hope.

Not much planned today except a grocery store run. The way my legs feel I hope that's all. If they start to feel better maybe we'll go for a walk at the near by park. It might just be a rest day though for the most part.

qotd: hmm...my eye seems to be doing ok and no new bleeds. All my family seems to be healthy and well!

B: just egg, chicken sausage, shredded potato and coffee before

L: soup of some kind and shredded cheese

D: thinking fish and some roasted broccoli & cauliflower

S: brownie brittle thing, popcorn and yogurt

my pics are older and may of been posted before but I don't remember. No new selfie this week.

Mel

wrkinprogress
on 6/4/21 7:05 am

Such wonderful photos as always. I don't think I'd ever seen these one so thank you.

Emiepie
on 6/4/21 7:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Fuzzy!! Love them.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/4/21 4:14 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

JB, your garden is lovely! I have a black thumb but love to see beautiful gardens.

Tomorrow at this time we will be on the way to the airport to fly to Aruba. We passed our Covid tests and have been issued permission to enter the country. Today is last minute preparation including opening a new bank account. Bad timing to have to fend off an invalid dip into my account.

Here is a recent picture (2 weeks ago) of Mike and me and an older one of the beach in Aruba (a friend made the sculpture).

QOTD: Living with Mike and planning our current and future adventures makes me the happiest. Today is our 10 month dating anniversary so we are going to the best restaurant in town tonight to celebrate. We plan to stop celebrating every month after a year BTW.

TSS: 5 years, 2 months

B: Coffee!!! Egg and cheese on light toast

L: leftover crab from 2 nights ago (not eaten yesterday)

D: out to dinner

S: cottage cheese and nut thins

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Emiepie
on 6/4/21 5:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great pics! I hope you have a great time in Aruba.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

wrkinprogress
on 6/4/21 5:59 am

You guys look very happy so all milestones are worth celebrating. I think it's cute and so deserved!

Most Active