What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 5/25/21 6:59 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

It's been a slow process, literally and figuratively! I am running about 4 miles most days and reduced my exercise regime. Thanks for asking :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 5/25/21 6:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

what a pleasant surprise to see you on here this morning, JB! I'm so glad you came back!!

So I "met" this PhD student who hails from India last night on NextDoor. He was super friendly and has invited everyone and their brother to his apartment for chai and/or food (he said cooking is his passion, and he's volunteered to cook for several of the people on NextDoor). He was really chatting it up with everyone *****sponded to him. Maybe he's just lonely and desperate for friends? Not sure. I told him I've been to India and loved it - then we connected via Facebook. He wants me to come to his apt today for chai. I suggested we go biking instead (his profile says he also loves biking), but he's really insisting on the chai. UGH. The guy is probably harmless, but going to a stranger's house for the first meet-up isn't something I'm particularly comfortable doing. DH googled him and discovered he's a member of some internet group for LBGTQA, so maybe he's gay - which is a relief - plus I'm sure I'm old enough to be his mother - plus he lives in an apt building - which means other people are around - and DH also noticed he'd posted on the internet for a roommate back before he moved here - so maybe he doesn't live alone. He's probably safe, but still, I'm always a little suspicious - mostly just of men (sorry guys!) before I meet them in person. Well, I'll let everyone know tomorrow what I decided to do...

otherwise, nothing else going on today. I was kicking around the idea of kayaking with a friend this afternoon, but we both decided not to since there's a decent chance of rain. So I'll probably try getting ahead in my class since I've already fallen a little behind this week - and it's only Tuesday!

B: skyr with fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: a lot depends on whether I end up meeting up with this guy for chai - because he said he might make other things as well. If not - maybe a serving of one of those bagged salads topped with 2 oz shredded chicken breast

AS: L&F yogurt and a skinny bagel with cream cheese

D: I'm thinking this frozen Aldi's stir fry vegetable (and sauce) thing with some shredded chicken breast added in (we're trying to clear out some stuff in our fridges/freezers since they're being replaced on Thursday - noticed this stir fry thing in the basement freezer last night - it sounded perfect!)

have a great day, everyone!!

Queen JB
on 5/25/21 7:16 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I think it is okay to believe in the goodness of strangers! I really doubt that someone would be publicly advertising for someone to hurt with the publicity of Next Door. I hope you get a nice new friend (and some kick ass Chai) out of it.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 5/25/21 1:36 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I can not wait to see how this turns out. Make him drink from your cup first so he does not poison you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 5/25/21 7:06 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It's great to see you back JB -- Maybe I wished you back. I have been thinking of you, Liz, Karen and Sheila quite a lot these last couple of weeks. Glad to hear you are back in the saddle and tackling this thing with your strong skill set.

Yesterday I got in a 4 mile bike ride, not much, but at least I finally moved!! Food was pretty good, though dinner out is harder to calculate when I choose something as a dish, versus a straight protein. Had a meat ball marinated with onions and peppers and roasted with mozzeralla on it. Really good, and I only ate one of the three, so those will show up in rotation this week. Today we go back home from the campsite, and I ran home yesterday and put fresh groceries in the fridge so I could make good choices when I get there. I swear it's more exhausting to unpack from these trips than to pack. But if I am honest, there is way less food stuff to deal with and my husband does 85% of the heaving lifting including completely cleaning the rig. It's just probably that I am always really, really ready to be in my home at the end of a stay.

QoTD: We've been RV'ing locally as much as possible. Biking on our E-bikes. I know it's cheating, but it's so much fun! Entertaining the grand kids. Enjoying the hell out of our neighbors on various front porches and back patios. We are vaccinated and back out there. Work is crazy and I am continuing to keep my eye on my retirement date and power though. Somehow, I think I have been lucky enough that my "honeymoon" phase is longer than some, and I've been able to stay within a couple pounds since September. I'm going to seriously cry when that stops, but I am ever vigilan****ching for it.

Menu:

B: 2 oz carnitas (finally the end of it, but it's been great!) 1/4 c cottage cheese

L: serving of enchilada hot bake I made. Has just 2 3" mini corn tortillas, lots of veggies, some ground beef and probably a little too much cheese

D: roasted chicken leg quarter, tomatoes, feta and onion with broccolini or brussels sprouts. I'm making a little bit of edamame noodles for my husband to pile it on.

S: beef jerky, cheddar chrisps

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Queen JB
on 5/25/21 7:20 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi, so good to "see" you too! So glad to hear all is going well. I love your Rv'ing life, it sounds so freeing and fun! I can't even imagine how much more you'll be able to do when you are retired.

Don't consider your honeymoon phase "luck" you are clearly putting in the work and you should feel really proud!

White Dove
on 5/25/21 11:46 am - Warren, OH

Welcome back JB. I had a dentist appointment yesterday. He examined my mouth, shook his head, and asked me what the hell I have been doing. We went to school together and he can talk to me like that.

I developed three cavities since my checkup six months ago. I almost never get a cavity. I ate candy once in a while and picked up one bar at the grocery. With the pandemic, I was ordering groceries and adding bags of candy to the order because I would not be going out of the house to pick up groceries. I started eating little mini snack size bars in the evenings. That caught up to me in a hurry.

The three cavities on on the right top and in a row. I thought I would get some Chex Mix for snacking. I picked whole grain. When I tasted one, it was full of sugar. It was strawberry Chex mix - yuck. I dumped the bag outside for the birds. I will be back to making sure there is no sugar in what I am eating.

Weight gain is so easy and seems guaranteed just when you think you are safe. I realized long ago that I am either on a diet or gaining. I am going back to online WW meetings this week.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 5/25/21 12:28 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Yep me too Mary, after year 3 I just couldn't get maintenance right... I am either gaining or losing - I can't keep her steady!

lmfontana4
on 5/25/21 1:43 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Hi People,

What a nice welcome back to JuniperBerry! I am happy to say that after my daughter's bday and my indulgences I am back strong on my eating choices and getting exercise. Not much to report today just going to try to do some work from home and maybe some homework.

B: 1 pkg Healthsmart Protein Oatmeal

L: 1/2 c Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole with cauliflower

S: Premiere protein drink

D: 1/2 c Keto Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Casserole

E: 2 mile walk, 30 minutes yoga

V/W: on track

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

supershopper
on 5/26/21 4:20 am

Late posting for me, I was working in another state Monday and Tuesday and today I'm back in GA.

Let's see, work wise, one coworker left and I took up most of his work. Then my boss is retiring after 32 years this week so this will be painful. no replacement to either yet. Her party was yesterday and I ate sporadically and not well. Things I usually don't like chicken salad, charcuterie, mini cheesecake bites, etc. I don't mind the charcuterie and fruit to continue but on a limited basis this week since there were mounds of leftovers. We put our house on the market in TN (keeping GA house) and now get to see how much they will beat us on inspection... We will find out today. I can't find the foundation work invoice either so I'm annoyed as it was 7,000$. John had back surgery 1 month ago and was just cleared for light duty this week. that's about it for me. OH and now we have 4 dogs. We adopted a blind puppy a year ago and now about 4 months ago adopted a weenie pup for his companion. Now we need to buy a new couch since they ate it...

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active