What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 5/25/21 2:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi Everyone, I hope it is okay that I am starting! Since I leave the house by 6am, if I don't post when I wake up, I probably won't be able to post at all. Anyway, I am basically returning with my tail between my legs...

After doing so well with my weight over the winter, for some stupid reason, over the last two months I really threw in the towel and stopped acting like a WLS patient and managed to gain my weight back fast. It's felt really out of control and I know it's time to do a big personal reset. I've also been drinking too much wine, and not exercising enough... it's time to fess up to all of it and make myself accountable.

QOTD: Fill me in--what have I missed about your lives since January? Honestly, nothing much new for me. Work is nutty as always. Grim and I got vaccinated a few months ago and we are just starting to venture out a little. We've been out a few restaurants and I am shopping in person again :) In fact this weekend we attended a family reunion/graduation out of state, and it felt so normal! We stayed in a hotel, and we got to hug everyone, hang out maskless and just have a "normal" day. It was lovely!

Here is my first back on track menu. Macros are still higher than they should be, but I will get there. I am also committing to ending work on time and going for a nice long walk this afternoon!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 5/25/21 3:28 am - Amarillo, TX

It's so good to see you! Welcome back! I wish things were going better for you WL wise. I'm sure I won't be the only one glad to see you posting and starting us out again!

Today we are going to clean the dryer vent line today. Tomorrow we're supposed to get our new washer and dryer delivered. My uncle George is going to get on the roof and drop something through the line then blow some air through it. Should be messy. Why on earth they put some of these things up through the roof...esp on an almost two story house! We'll be cleaning today too once we're able to move em out. I hate to see what's under there... the dryer is almost my age if not older.

Our pup Frankie is having horrible allergies and his eyes are bothering him the most. We're giving him Benadryl and some natural treats that are supposed to help with it. There are some drops we need to order since Petco was out of them. Poor guy :o(

QOTD: I gained over 20 pounds thanks to a depression med. Currently trying to lose that. I had a spinal cord stimulator "installed" in late March. It hasn't helped as much as I'd hoped it would but still hoping if I ever am able to get ahold of the rep that reprogramming will help. I had my right eye start bleeding on Christmas Day and ended up having surgery nearly three weeks ago on it. It seems to have been successful! I'm on a new depression med and it's working better already. So I have a lot of hope for a better year from this point forward.

B: PP shake with frozen banana blended in

L: puréed soup(butternut squash and cauliflower with onion), plain yogurt

D: PP shake

S: maybe another shake...yogurt

Mel

Queen JB
on 5/25/21 4:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Thanks for the sweet welcome back. I am happy to be here! After 11 years, OH really does feel like "home" :)

Sorry to hear that the depression meds were messing with you but very glad to hear that you have a new one and that it is going well so far!! Hope the stimulator starts helping soon, too.

Curious--are you on shakes and soups again as a weight loss strategy or for dietary reasons?

Melody P.
on 5/25/21 4:52 am - Amarillo, TX

Kind of a mind reset. Trying to get my mind in a better spot food wise. I know pouch resets really aren't a thing but it's been good to get my mind in a better place so far. I think I'll only do a week then head back to a lower calorie diet.

Mel

Queen JB
on 5/25/21 5:03 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That makes sense! I am thinking about doing some sort of an "all-meat-all-week" kind of thing next week so that I can fully detox from the carbs and sugars that I let creep back in. I just need to go grocery shopping first with that plan in mind. Shakes all day just make me hangry, lol.

Melody P.
on 5/25/21 5:24 am - Amarillo, TX

They make me hangry too. I'm going to make some really nice soup later today that will be something other than sweet on sweet!

I might do a very low carb week after this week is over. All meat would be good!

Mel

KalesD
on 5/25/21 3:35 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning

I don't normally run back to back.. but I woke up this morning feeling like a run.. so I'm headed out shortly. It's supposed to be stupid hot today all day/night and cool off for tomorrow.. so that should be interesting.

QOTD: nothing major - work, work, workout, eat food, water, sleep.

b: fairlife latte

s: 120g cottage cheese, 7.5g PB, 50g strawberries, 10g granola

l: small tortilla, 25g deli Turkey, 25g deli ham, mustard. 2 laughing cow wedges and 2 mini peppers

S: tbd

d: SoCal Turkey Salad (chefs plate meal)

s: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Teenie
on 5/25/21 6:59 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Oh no. You got that same thing I got. As a SMO person I could never understand why people ran. As a WLS person I do not know why people don't run. It is not the exercise itself for me it is the stress relief and time to breath before it gets crazy. I now run 6 days a week and only take off Saturday to do a fitness class. I only started running during the pandemic so it doesn't take long for it to become necessary. It is mind spirit and body all rolled into a great exercise for me.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

KalesD
on 5/25/21 8:24 am
RNY on 09/30/20

I love that you get it. I'm tempted to run everyday but I worry about injury.

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

lmfontana4
on 5/25/21 1:31 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Teenie,

How long does it take you to run your 3.5 miles? I have never been a fan of running. I know some people claim they get a runner's high from it. It has always been drudgery. However, I can see that it would expedite the workout and calorie burn. At this point, I am too heavy to run and I am enjoying my walks.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active