What's on your (photo) Friday menu?

Greateight
on 5/21/21 7:18 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Happy Fri-Yay!

Our Peionies are starting to flower. It looks like they will be in bloom for Memorial Day as ever. Marilyn also got some Impatients and Petunias to add a little color to the yard. But the Peonies are definitely my favorite.

I have a couple of calls for work today, but the two most important agenda items today are: get my Dead & Company tickets at 12:00 Dallas and 1:00 Colorado, and only drink one glass of champagne at Happy Hour.

My meet is tomorrow at 1:00. Hence the one drink maximum. Our friends sold their house and want to have a toast, but that needs to be it. I bought a half bottle of Veuve so that a big bottle wouldn't be sitting there.

I'm kind of excited for the meet, but also kind of nervous. My original goal when training was 140 Kilo total (60 Snatch/80 Clean & Jerk), but I don't know if we are going to try to go that high. Really, making the two lifts (3 tries each) and having a competition number to start from is what I want.

Oh, and next weekend is Murph, so that is looming.

QOTD: tickets today, toast tonight, meet tomorrow. Hopefully can do something as a family on Sunday.

Breakfast: protein bar

Lunch: Bratwurst

Dinner: Hello Fresh.

Have a great spring weekend all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 5/21/21 3:34 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Good luck!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 5/21/21 3:35 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Jim,

in my younger days I followed and practiced powerlifting (bench, squat and deadlift). People tend to be very supportive at these meets. Although it is a competition you are just trying to do your personal best on each lift. Good luck!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 5/21/21 10:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

well, in two minutes (central time) it'll be noon, so good afternoon, everyone!

We had to make a call about our A/C this morning (didn't turn on last night. We figured since it's only a year old, it was probably something they forgot to hook up when they replaced the furnace a few days ago. Turns out that was the case. Everything was hooked up correctly, but one of the connections was lose. Someone came out at 8:00 and tightened it. Ta da! We're back in business!!). After that I had to take one of the cats to vet for his annual exam. And then I had a few things to tie up before getting on with my day - so here I am, finally! It'll be raining off and on today, so I'm sticking around here. The wine & cheese social we were supposed to go to tonight has been rescheduled for tomorrow night. So...nothing else. I should do weights, though. If I'm motivated enough, I'll go over to the gym later and do the machines. Otherwise, I'll just do hand weights in my basement. Oh- and watch movies. I'm all caught up with the movies for my class so far, so I may watch the movie for my film discussion group (not the documentary group I'm starting at the end of June - but the film group I've been in for the last two or three years)

someone asked for movie suggestions. The one I'm watching for my existing film discussion group is "Last Train Home" - it's a Chinese documentary-style movie that got a 100% rating from Rotten Tomatoes (and it's also listed as one of the 100 best documentaries ever made). For my class, one of the movies this week I didn't care for. Two of the others I really liked, but they're not widely available (neither are on Netflix or Prime). The one I saw for yesterday, though, is on Netflix. It's called "Dick Johnson is Dead". It's an art film, so definitely NOT your typically Hollywood thing with a strong plot and nicely tied-up ending - just so you know. But if you're into more artsy, experimental things, this is a good one.

QOTD: the only thing on my agenda this weekend is the wine & cheese thing tomorrow night. Otherwise, I'll be mostly exercising and watching movies, I guess.

B: pumpkin yogurt with 2 T light whipped topping and 2 T pumpkin/flax granola. Coffee with half & half.

MS: protein shake

L: 1 C chicken salad made with low fat mayo and Greek yogurt

AS: probably a skinny bagel with light cream cheese and a L&F yogurt

D: not sure since the party was just canceled. I have some turkey chili here, plus a bunch of stuff in my freezer - so there are some options...

have a great day, all!

catwoman7
on 5/21/21 10:14 am, edited 5/21/21 3:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I forgot to tell you guys. I switched over to breath mints with xylitol since my dental hygienist said they'd be better for my teeth that the other breath mints I was using (I've been eating a lot of breath mints to keep myself from eating other things). Boy - I'm about to give up my daily Miralax...these things work great!

lmfontana4
on 5/21/21 3:29 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

The ornament is so pretty. It would make a beautiful necklace if it was the right dimensions.

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

lmfontana4
on 5/21/21 3:43 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Hi All,

been busy with school work. I am in my last semester for my Masters of Science degree. I am required to make a professional portfolio that can be posted online. So been trying to put that together.

QOTD: my kids have a concert tomorrow. They are in Rock Club and have a 3 member band. They are pretty good and write their own lyrics and music. I always enjoy that. Sunday is my daughter's birthday (15 already!) so it is her pick but it sounds like she already has a dinner place in mind.

B: 1/4 c F&L Greek yogurt

L: 1/3 c ground beef with high fiber wrap

S: protein drink, sf pudding

D: 1/3 c round roast and baby carrots

E: 2 Mile walk (done), yoga 30 minutes

i get to start eating "regular" food on Sunday. No more modified Bariatric diet for me!

Hope you all have a great Friday.

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Most Active