What's on your Monday menu?

Melody P.
on 5/17/21 3:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu friends! Hope you had a great weekend and that you'll have a great week ahead as well.

We're getting a lot of rain here the past three days. My brother's place had golf ball sized hail last night...a lot of it. Lots of lightening and thunder...my poor pup Frankie was very stressed out.

No big plans for the day. We have the kids today and Rachel, the oldest, has soccer practice at 6. I wish they'd not do it on our days...we have them so long as it is.

My thumb I cut is not healing very well. It started bleeding again last night...not as profusely as the day it got cut. It's just at a place that gets bumped a lot.

QOTD: When you sleep do you need a fan or some other "noise" or do you need quiet?

I'm a fan girl. I need a high velocity fan. We live against a highway so I need it to drown out the noise from that.

B: just egg, hash browns/potatoes, 2 chicken sausages and coffee before

L: not sure...prob chicken nuggets, gf pretzels and raspberries

D: thinking it'll be a protein shake with frozen strawberries and bananas

S: pear, roasted seaweed and ???

Have a wonderful start to the week!

Mel

KalesD
on 5/17/21 4:05 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

I just completed a full body strength training workout - best way to start the day in my opinion.. and I'm sitting down with my latte.. yum!

Yesterday I picked up a new kitchen gadget.. an egg bite maker. I'm pretty excited about it.. going to try it out post coffee!

QOTD: I've started sleeping with ear plugs because I'm such a light sleeper and any noise wakes me up.. hoping to increase the quality of my sleep.

b: fairlife latte & egg bites

S: 120g cottage cheese, 15g PB, 40g blackberries and 10g granola

l: 30g sliced fresh mozzarella, 2 small ****tail tomatoes, 2oz deli Turkey

S: tbd

d: 2oz left over jerk chicken, 1 small pepper w laughing cow cheese

S: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

MadisonRose
on 5/17/21 5:11 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! Super quick post. Seems I never have time to get on here anymore. Was gonna post pics from Mother's Day weekend on Friday, but we had a last minute meeting at work to meet management of the new company that is taking over. So maybe this Friday I'll have a chance to get on here and post them.

QOTD: I sleep with a fan. I gotta have some kind of noise going. I cannot sleep in total silence.

B: protein shake and coffee

L: tuna

D: salad

S: L&F Greek yogurt with mixed berries

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 5/17/21 5:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Everyone!

today a friend and I are biking downtown to attend a rally about redistricting (our state is HORRIBLY gerrymandered. Slightly over half the state typically votes blue, but our legislature has been 2/3 red for the last 10 years. Hello???). Afterwards we're going kayaking for a couple of hours (also downtown), then we're biking back home. Probably no need for me to get other exercise today since I'll be getting a good upper body strength workout (kayaking) plus cardio (kayaking and biking).

my documentary film class also starts today. It's online and asynchronous (which means the lectures are recorded so we can watch them whenever), so things will start getting really busy and will remain so for awhile. Which is fine by me...

I made mozzarella cheese on Saturday night and had some yesterday. It's too soft - so I need to tweak it next time I make it - but it's still really good. We need to finish that up within the next couple of days since it evidently goes bad pretty quickly. I got some tomatoes, basil, and cucumbers at the store yesterday to make a salad with it (those things + the cheese), so I'll be having that at least once a day (and DH will have to, too!)

QOTD: yes. I have a hard time sleeping if it's too quiet. Usually I have my bedside radio turned on at very low volume (our local NPR affiliate has BBC radio on from midnight - 6:00 a.m. every night, so that's what's on the dial). I don't really listen (although sometimes I will if I wake up in the middle of the night and am struggling to get back to sleep), it's really more just the noise that "works". When I'm away from home, I often turn that on if there's a clock radio in the (hotel) room - if not, I've been known to stream it on my laptop. Otherwise, a fan works, too.

B: either lemon/blueberry yogurt pie, or coconut skyr with 1/2 diced mango. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: I guess I'll have to take a protein bar with me since I'll be at the rally then.

AS: I'll be kayaking beginning at 1:30 - I'll take another protein bar -- or a RTD protein shake - with me in case I need it

D: probably the tomato/cucumber/basil/mozzarella cheese salad

have a great day, everyone!!

Emiepie
on 5/17/21 5:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! My weekend was good! Em found a prom dress, a few actually so she hasn't made a final choice yet. Hubby made and smoked sausage so I have yummy dinner for a busy work week.

QOTD: I need background noise for sure.

TSS: 6 years, 9 months

B: Sf latte, Jimmy Dean sausage scramble and an apple

L: Spinach salad with feta and Boars head chicken, SF pudding, and a pear

S: Mixed nuts,carbmaster cottage cheese,protein puffs, and a plum

D: Homemade chicken and pineapple smoked sausage, orange/banana slices, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup fiber cereal

E: elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1423 Protein:125 Carbs: 90 Fat:66

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Christina135
on 5/17/21 6:25 am, edited 5/17/21 12:44 am

Mernin' errybody, Happy Monday!

QOTD - I sleep with a couple of fans on, pointed at the other direction. And 5 little dogs in the same bed. Lots of noise.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - vegetarian fideo loco, crackers

Snack - mango kale smoothie with almond milk, turmeric, chia seeds

Snack - a giant strawberry and a mandarin, pepitas

Dinner - pasta with veggies

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

catwoman7
on 5/17/21 6:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I hadn't heard of fideo loco before, so I just googled it. Since it's pretty much local to San Antonio, no wonder I hadn't heard of it! (esp since I'm up in Wisconsin!). Sounds interesting. I'll make it sometime (although not with the traditional ground beef - haven't eaten ground beef in almost 20 years -- but I can find a substitute..)

Christina135
on 5/17/21 7:43 am, edited 5/17/21 12:44 am

I made mine with impossible meat substitute and it was SOOOO good. Our HEB has their own brand of Fideo loco (link below). I would be happy to send you a box, let me know! I have sent a few boxes to a friend in GA, it's so good and hearty. It makes about 6-7 cups, and I'm the only one who eats it at home. I brought the rest to share with coworkers today.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-fideo-loco-comida-k it/2232622

had to edit my original post, it's vegetarian not vegan. Can't win them all, but it's worth it still!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

catwoman7
on 5/17/21 4:00 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

oh totally! (I found some recipes for it online, too - but this sounds super easy and cheap!). i'll message you my address - message me yours as well and I can send you a check

Greateight
on 5/17/21 6:46 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Six year old soccer is funny. Nobody plays their position and they all follow the ball around in a big pack.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active