What's on your Sunday menu?

catwoman7
on 5/16/21 7:14 am, edited 5/16/21 7:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

looks like a better day today - no rain! And it's supposed to be in the 70s this coming week - YAY!! (actually, that's normal this time of year - it's been unseasonably cold lately). I doubt I'll be spending much time outside though - I need to do weights since I never got around to it yesterday (blowing my 2x a week streak), so I'll go today and just do it three times this week to make up for it. We also are having our hair done this afternoon (she cuts DH's while the color is processing in mine), so that takes a chunk of time, AND I need to finish watching the three DVD's I have checked out from the library, since a) they're due soon and b) my film class starts tomorrow, so I'm going to swamped with films to watch for the next three weeks.

Tomorrow my kayaking group is going kayaking for the first time for the season. Hmmm. Maybe I'll go with them...I'm not feeling totally ready, but I love kayaking and it's great exercise - for both upper body resistance and cardio.

QOTD: do you have a favorite sport? (either to watch or to participate in). I LOVE ice hockey. I just started going (as a spectator) about two years ago and was an immediate fan. I especially love watching our university's women's team. They are FANTASTIC and have won the national championship several times (including last season). No one was able to go to the games last season due to COVID, but hopefully we'll be back there again this season rooting them on!

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with strawberry/blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: Panera Bread's tomato/basil/cucumber side salad (90 calories) with a couple of slices of homemade mozzarella (I made this last night, all - it worked! I have a ball of mozzarella cheese in my fridge now!)

AS: probably nothing since we'll be at the hair place, but I'll take a protein bar with me just in case

D: I'm thinking a Thai-style curry dish with chicken, broccoli, and carrots (no rice)

have a great day, everyone!

KalesD
on 5/16/21 7:52 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Happy Sunday!

I got up bright and early to get my run in (before it gets too warm..) .. felt goods. Today was week 5 day 1 (of 8 week program). I also took the pup to the dog park, she ran off her energy and now we are just relaxing for the rest of the weekend.

I finally reached out and am in the process of getting some help for my anxiety - the last 7 months I've been a mess & my life has totally changed.. I'm no longer coping well on my own.. but here's to hoping things improve soon.

QOTD: love to watch baseball, hockey and CFL football.. Toronto Blue Jays, Toronto Maple Leafs & Saskatchewan Roughriders. I like to play beach volleyball & Kayak.

b: fairlife latte

S: 120g cottage cheese, 15g PB, 40g blackberries and 10g granola

l: tbd

s: protein shake + coffee

d: 2 oz chicken & a small salad

S: Tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

catwoman7
on 5/16/21 7:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm glad you're getting help with your anxiety. My mother-in-law has been having a terrible time with that. She's had GAD for much of her life, which until the pandemic hit was mostly controlled via medication, but it's been out-of-control lately. Her PCP recommended that she bump up her dosage, but that didn't help. She doesn't think the PCP is taking this seriously enough, so she's searching for a new one. It's just a mess. I feel so sorry for her!

Lisa91941
on 5/16/21 8:31 am
RNY on 10/29/19

good morning! Quick check in before I go off to the grocery store. Never made it yesterday. Had to come back home and Zoom watch my granddaughter's last gymnastics meet of the season. She got a 4th place and 7th overall. So today requires the grocery shopping and loading of the RV so we can check in today. It's on the cool side, I hope it warms up some!! It's been quite chilly the last several trips out and I'd like some sunshine on my face.

I did terrible calorie wise last night. Went and met at a neighbors house we've never been too, but our dogs are buddies from walks. Had a wonderful time. Made terrible choices. I foresee a lot of chicken in my diet this week to get back on track. Sigh.

QoTD: It has to be hockey. It's about the only thing I will watch save the occasional Padres game. It's always been regional triple A level and was a great activity to raise my kids around. Just saw my first pro game 2 weeks ago and I loved it!

Menu:
B: 3 oz gyros meat, 1/4 C cottage cheese

L: TBD

D: carnitas meat, some cheese, guac, pico and sour cream, 1/2 beans

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active