What's on your Tuesday menu?

Melody P.
on 4/27/21 3:20 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone! Hope today finds you doing well.

I got a letter from social Security that said they have decided I am still disabled...reversing the cessation of benefits. I'm not 100% sure how much I'll be getting a month or if I'll get back payments. All I care about is I'll be keeping my health care. It was supposed to take no more than 90 days but ended up taking nearly 6 months. I feel like a weight is off my shoulders.

Not to much planned today. My mom wants to go to the thrift stores. I'm feeling pretty rough this morning...really sore.

QOTD: What would be the absolute worst name you could give a child?

My mom was a labor and delivery nurse for nearly 30 years...she's heard some doozies. The winner for me is Meconium... the mom heard it during delivery and liked it.....

B: just egg, chicken sausage and gf toast - coffee later

L: not sure at this point

D: Ham and root vegetables made into French fries done in the air fryer

S: popcorn and ???

lastly here is the kittens..

Mel

KalesD
on 4/27/21 4:01 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

I write this from the comfort of my bed. Abby has decided it's not time to get up yet and therefore she is curled up with her head on my legs.. one knows they cannot move if there is a sleeping dog on them.

QOTD: for me it's not the names itself / it's the spelling. Once met a person named CVIIILYN ... but then was offended when I mispronounced it.. how the f was I supposed to know it's Caitlyn? C VIII LYN .. VIII = Roman numeral for 8. I'm not even joking on this.

b: fairlife latte

s: 120g skyr, 15g PB, 40g strawberries

l: 2 oz ground beef, 15g cheddar, lettuce cups and 1tbsp sauce

S: cheese string and deli meat

D: chicken breast, mashed potatoes

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/27/21 4:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Thank you everyone for your kind comments about Mike and my future living arrangements. We are excited about it and have some cool plans for the next year while we adjust to being together full time. In some ways it is going to be more of an change for Mike as he has been single for most of the last 16 years, though he was married for 25 prior to that.

Yesterday the SILs and I had a great day in Sarasota and today we are going to the beach and for a late lunch in Siesta Key. That's where Mike and I rented for a week in late March and he is renting at again for Thanksgiving week. Beautiful beach and lots of fun shops and restaurants.

QOTD: My family had a couple of doozies which none of us would ever repeat with our children. My grandmother was Bertha, who didn't qualify to be called "Big Bertha" as she weighed all of 100 pounds. My father's first and middle names were Ellsworth Willis (two last names of family/friends I guess). He just used his initials with his last name and people called him using a shortened version of his last name.

TSS: 5 years, 1 month

B: Coffee!!! scrambled eggs and cottage cheese

L: fish tacos maybe

D: leftover something

S: Nut thins with cottage cheese or hummus and pita

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Melody P.
on 4/27/21 4:39 am - Amarillo, TX

My great grandma's name was Bertha too!

my grandma on my dads sides name was Oney Moss...all her and her sisters were named after some sort of vegetation!

Mel

Greateight
on 4/27/21 7:20 am
RNY on 08/29/18
  • BERTHA Lyrics By: Robert Hunter Music By: Jerry Garcia

I had a hard run, runnin' from your window.
    I was all night running, running, Lord I wonder if you care,
    I had a run in, run around, and run down.
    Run around the corner, corner, Lord run smack in to a tree.

I had to move, really had to move,
    That's why if you please, I am on my bendin' knees,
    Bertha don't you come around here anymore.

Dressed myself in green, I went down unto the sea.
    Try to see what's goin' down, try to read between the lines
    . I had a feelin' I was fallin', fallin', fallin',
    I turned around to see,
    Heard a voice al callin', Lord you was commin' after me.

That's why if you please, I am on my bendin knees,

Ran into a rainstorm, I ducked back into Novato.
    It's all night pourin', pourin', pourin',
    Lord but not a drop on me.
    Test me, test me,
    Test me, test me, test me,
    Why don't you arrest me?
    Throw me in to the jailhouse,
    Lord until the sun goes down, 'till it goes down.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Christina135
on 4/27/21 4:51 am

Morning everyone!

Mel, that's awesome! If it was overturned, I believe you should get back payments. GOOD!

QOTD - I think the worst name would be something like naming after a figure in history that would be looked upon negatively, such a****ler, etc. That's all I can think of.

Breakfast - Fasting so hot black coffee, and water

Lunch - I think I'm going to make vegan carne guisada again, and have tacos. It was super good yesterday.

Snack - mint chocolate kale smoothie

Snack - pb&j sammich (half) with oat milk

Dinner - NO idea, but my MIL isn't here so I think we will grab something out.

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Teenie
on 4/27/21 7:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

A dear friend of ours had a baby this summer and her name is Grace Kelly. I think it is lovely.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

MadisonRose
on 4/27/21 5:42 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Is it Friday yet?

QOTD: I worked in vital records for several years issuing birth and death certificates and I wish I could remember some of the doozies we came across....and there were some good ones too! Several with some very odd spellings and others with super long names. I swear one had like ten names.....it was something like King George Xavier Sebastian Rufus Edward Alexander Bernard Joseph Oswald.....and that's not including the last name of the child. I kid you not!

B: fasting until noon. Black coffee, hot tea and water

L: protein shake

D: ?? Either tuna or leftover pork and veggies

S: L&F Greek yogurt & fruit or maybe a SF vanilla latte

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Emiepie
on 4/27/21 5:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Melody, I'm so glad you got great news! My hubby seems pretty much back to normal now after the 24-36 hours post vaccine timeframe. I'm grateful he only had minor side effects.

QOTD- I can't think of any.

TSS: 6 years, 8 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Spinach salad with deli chicken, and feta cheese, carrots, SF pudding and a honeycrisp apple

S: beef stick, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Shredded pork, cauliflower with cheese sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1414 Protein: 114 Carbs:116 Fat: 60

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 4/27/21 6:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

My brother leaves later this morning. He wanted to get together to have a last breakfast with the fam before leaving for NC, so I'll be missing my class. I'm really hating the idea of missing it and wish the classes were recorded so I could see it later, but they're not. But in the long run, it's better to be with my brother. I'm not going to remember much info from that class a month from now anyway, so...

I may also go to the gym to do the weight machines. I haven't been there in months because of COVID. I went a few times last summer - like at 10:00 am on weekdays when I was often the only one in the weight room - but I stopped going when we hit another surge. But now that I've had my two vaccines, I'm feeling a little better about it. And depending on the timing, I still may be the only one in the weight room (and I'm definitely going to try for that!). I'm also supposed to get together with a friend this evening. I'm assuming this will include dinner, so I'm going to suggest a Mexican place so I can get one street taco. Those are around 250 kcal. I was well within my calorie range yesterday for the first time in a few days, and I woke up feeling normal again this morning - instead of like a bloated, overstuffed mess. Wonderful feeling!

QOTD: these definitely aren't the worst names, but I wish parents would stop and think before they give their kids legal names like "Billy" and "Tommy" (as opposed to "William" and "Thomas"). Those nicknames sound great when we're talking little kids, but I would hate having a legal name like "Billy" if I was a 50-year-old accountant or something.

B: vanilla skyr with 1/2 diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: I think I'm just going to take a protein bar to the breakfast place (actually a coffee shop that also serves breakfast) - and order coffee there. So coffee with half & half again...

L: deli turkey and a couple of Laughing Cow wedges

AS: maybe homemade chocolate hummus on a graham cracker. Or yogurt.

D: 1/2 a pastrami reuben and 1/2 C coleslaw made with low fat mayo

have a great day, everyone!

Most Active