What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 3/27/21 4:35 am - Amarillo, TX

I thought if any people would get this it'd be y'all! Hahaha

I've got a lot going on this weekend. Cleaning and have to make a cheesecake to put in the freezer for next Saturday...for my niece's birthday party. I think I'll make it this afternoon or tomorrow. Hoping it turns out good as she deserves it!

I have to admit I'm really nervous about my surgery Tuesday. Very very emotional over it. Hoping and praying my nerves calm down and my eating gets better. I've been eating a little bit of EVERYTHING! Pain is also stressing me out. Had another little bleed in my right eye. Just so much on my plate! Argh. I'm ready for a vacation from reality LOL. I'm trying to keep a sense of humor through this. Also trying to show myself some grace. That's a hard thing sometimes.

QOTD: What's your plans for the weekend?

Most likely cleaning and cooking. Yay? LOL

Food is up in the air. I had oatmeal for breakfast so I could take my pain pill.

hope you all have a wonderful day!

Mel

catwoman7
on 3/27/21 5:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

it's going to rain off and on all day, so we'll probably be stuck in the house. Someone on my neighborhood FB page is bringing a box of matzo meal over today. She bought two boxes for Passover cooking which is WAY more than she needed, and I've always been curious about it and wanted to experiment with it. So, since I was the only person *****sponded, it's mine! I'll have to look up some recipes to get some ideas on what to do with it. This should also be a great day for watching the movie for my film discussion group (which has been on my "to do" list for a few days now). And I'm planning to do a Zoom Zumba class at 9:00 this morning. Other than that, nada. Should be more eventful tomorrow - we're having our hair done in the afternoon (DH gets his cut while the color is processing in mine), and we'll probably have coffee or brunch with our mothers beforehand.

B: plain Greek yogurt with apple/cranberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: strawberry protein shake (with a few frozen strawberries and a cup of fresh "Power Greens" (and ice) blended in...)

L: one serving of "sweet kale" salad kit topped with the chicken from 1 Costco chicken skewer

AS: 1/2 protein muffin, L&F yogurt

D: maybe the crab cake I've been planning for dinner for several nights now (but haven't had yet) - plus a salad with light dressing

have a great Saturday, everyone!

KalesD
on 3/27/21 6:16 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

Weather is **** here this weekend - cold and rainy. So I guess that means I won't be heading outside. My sister and my nieces are coming up next weekend and I'm really excited.. I haven't seen them in a year.

QOTD: I'm on call this weekend - so lots of cleaning the house & doing nothing as I can't go far.. have to appear at the hospital within 30 minutes of receiving the call.. so alas I wait.

b: fairlife latte

s: Chaffle w slice bacon

l: 120g skyr yogurt, 15g PB, 40g blueberries, 10g bran buds

S: 1/2 Greek yogurt bagel, 1/2tbsp cream cheese

d: 2oz chicken w 1/2c roasted broccoli

S: 1/2 protein bar

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Lisa91941
on 3/27/21 7:36 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It's supposed to start warming this weekend. 70's today, 80's tomorrow. So ready to warm my bones. And yeah, I know I'm whining in my mid 60's recent weather. We have the youngest granddaughter with us until tomorrow. Today is bike rides and playgrounds. Not sure about food. I'll wing it as I go today. I'm trying to be extra careful as two weeks at the campground followed by vacation starting Saturday means I need to pay attention to get off to vacation at my low weight. Little wiggle room if needed. But it will be an active trip.
Weather is looking good for the roof to finally start on Monday. Pray for us! We really need this project completed.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

sue9999
on 3/27/21 10:49 am
RNY on 02/08/21

LOL, seems to be the theme to my life right now being almost 7 weeks post now. It's slowly getting better but suspect I will need chemical assistance for quite a while yet.

QOTD: Not much. I have the covid stir-crazies and want to get OUT! I've had both vaccine shots but won't hit the 2-week point until April 5. So, I'm sitting at home. On my list is cleaning the master bath and straightening up my desk (which is way worse than cleaning a bathroom!). My fuzzy 4 pawed buddy is hanging around me today which is nice so I'm sure he'll give me some help by stepping on my feet, laying himself down right where I need to stand and then body blocking me when I try to leave and haven't petted him enough. Did I mention he is 140 pounds of fur and helpfulness?

Meal plan:

B: 1/2 breakfast sausage (about 1 oz.), 3 TBL scrambled eggs and cheese, 1/2 strawberry.

L: 1-1/2 ounces sliced ham, 1/2 ounce mozzi cheese, 1 TBL onion.

S: 2 ounces ground beef, 1/2 ounce cheddar, 1 TBL green beans

Most Active