What's on your Saturday menu, RNY'ers?

catwoman7
on 2/6/21 4:32 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I got up at some ungodly hour this morning (I think 3:30****ep the BBC on my bedside radio on low volume all night, and I woke up to hear this podcast about a stolen children's cello and the two child prodigies who learned on it (Christine Walevska and Stella Breshears). Anyway, I was so intrigued by this story that I started looking up these cellists (Walevska is now 76 years old, Stella is now a teenager), and then I couldn't get back to sleep. UGH. I have to host a big Zoom lecture at 10:00 - hopefully I can at least stay alert (or rather, awake!****il that's over! At least there's nothing else on the agenda today....

if someone throws in a QOTD, I'll come back and answer it!! Thanks!!

B: plain Greek yogurt with cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: pumpkin Fit Frappe

L: Turkey salad

AS: protein muffin??

D: turkey chili

Ex: some kind of cardio since yesterday was a rest day. Maybe some strength-training as well

have a great Saturday!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/6/21 4:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wow! Long night for you. I have to have it totally silent at night to sleep so having the radio on would guarantee that I would be awake.

Yesterday was a good day for Mike and I at his beach club, then dinner at home. Today we will go to an outside venue for music in the afternoon. No specific plans for dinner yet.

QOTD: If you can't fall asleep what routine do you follow to try to get to sleep? In the best of cir****tances I have to do the following: not eat for at least an hour before bed and do something quiet for that last hour such as watching TV or read. Conversation is not encouraged. My room has to be cold, totally dark, and I wear silicone earplugs to make it as quiet as possible. I read on a kindle with the light on it way down low until I start to fall asleep, then I tuck it under my pillow so I don't have to move much to put it on the night stand. If I can't fall asleep, I try reading more until I do. If that doesn't work after about an hour, I get up and go to the couch and continue reading in the dark. Eventually I crash.

TSS: 4 years, 10 months

B: Coffee!!! Scrambled eggs and cottage cheese

L: maybe tuna salad

D: maybe a crab cake

S: nut thins and cottage cheese or almonds

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

catwoman7
on 2/6/21 5:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I usually just read until I fall asleep. Sometimes I read online, though (usually news - we have digital subscriptions to our local paper and the Washington Post) - although I know being online is not recommended before bed time!! If I can't get to sleep, I just turn the light back on and start reading again (DH goes to bed super late, so I'm not bothering him). Lately I've been taking melatonin occasionally so I'm not falling asleep at midnight or 1:00 am, but I don't want this to become a habit...

one of our cats always sleeps with us - as soon as the lamp goes off and my bedside radio goes on, he leaps up onto the bed. He LOVES bed time!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/6/21 5:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Justice sleeps with me and usually he stays in one position all night but he has been a pain lately getting up several times a night and roaming around on the bed.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

catwoman7
on 2/6/21 5:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Aytie (the cat who sleeps with us) is sometimes up and down, too, but the only time it's really disruptive is when he wants breakfast - sometimes at 5:00 am. UGH!!!

Melody P.
on 2/6/21 5:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone. Thanks for getting us started!

what a long night. I've also been up for way longer than I wish I was. Going to be a long day! The pain is pretty bad so that'll make it even longer.

Thursday is supposed to be a high of 16 here...low around 4. So we are doing a dinner tomorrow(for my birthday). Have a pork butt my mom wants to fix a la Mexican. So we'll have tacos and burritos. The kids are picky as is my brother.

we might try going to a special bakery today that has vegan and gluten free options. I really don't want to make anything. On my actual bday I'm making pad priew wan with shrimp. Much healthier than take out. I'm excited for that.

qotd: I've got nothing...that works anyway. After a while the bed is very uncomfortable so I'll go sit in the living room. Sometimes I get to go back to bed and sleep but it's rare.

b: oatmeal, raspberries and coffee

l: gf chicken tenders, bbq sauce and some veggie

d: just egg, chicken sausage and gf toast

s: popcorn, grapes and maybe a chai.

Mel

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/6/21 5:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!

Melody P.
on 2/6/21 6:42 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! Y official birthday is Thursday. I am turning the big 40. A weird part of me never thought I'd make it this far...LOL

Mel

catwoman7
on 2/6/21 7:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I loved the 40s. Young enough to still be considered young - yet old enough that you get more respect!

MadisonRose
on 2/6/21 5:28 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! It's been a rough night. Had severe nausea all night and ended up falling asleep on the couch. Well it was more like intermittent sleep. Finally got up early this morning and went to my bed, but could not sleep. Nausea is still there. I'm so exhausted....just feel too horrible to sleep.

My Jellybean got spayed yesterday and they told me she'd be out of it and groggy all day and then would be back to her normal self this morning. Well you couldn't even tell she had just gotten out of surgery. Got her home and she was just as hyper as ever.....back to tormenting the older cat....jumping on top of him and chasing him around. She didn't even lose her appetite one bit. She finally settled down a bit and snuggled up next to me while I slept on the couch.

QOTD: I typically read or watch tv. If I turn the tv on I'm normally out. I most always fall asleep on the couch watching tv. I really need to just star****ching tv in bed that way I'm more comfortable. I also have to have my room at just the right temperature. Not too warm, but not too cold. Oh and I can't sleep in total silence....gotta have a fan going or something for background noise. If it's dead silent I'll stay awake.

Food plan for today is pushing fluids, soup and ??? Not much of an appetite with this nausea so we shall see...

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Most Active