What's on your Thursday menu?

Maddymoe2
on 2/4/21 5:44 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. Today is going to be a good day. I had a wonderful day with my daughter yesterday. It's amazing how getting out, even if it's just to Trader Joes and Costco makes. I bought the Costco chicken skewers yesterday. Does anyone re-heat them in an air fryer? Just looking for ideas.

QOTD- My husband and I always write one another a letter.

Food for today-

2 eggs, 1/2 c. cottage cheese

2 chicken skewers with cucumbers and tomato

Taco meat with cauli rice mixture

MadisonRose
on 2/4/21 6:04 am
RNY on 01/23/19

I love the letter idea.....that is so sweet!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 2/4/21 11:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I just eat them cold. My hairdresser said they dry out too much if you heat them (although I don't know how she heated them), so I always just ate them cold. I usually make some kind of dip to dip them in - like ranch dressing mix mixed in plain Greek yogurt. Or I once made an Asian-style peanut dip for them...

Melody P.
on 2/4/21 5:47 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone.

The itchiness is driving me crazy. Will be getting some aquaphor today and see if that'll help. I took some Benadryl last night and got about 4 hours of solid sleep. It was tossing and turning the rest of the night. That tape really tore me up!

We'll be going to the grocery store today. So I'm hoping for some fresh or frozen fruit. I'm on a raspberry kick but I prefer them fresh so that can be hard to find decent ones at times.

My food yesterday was pretty bad. My mom got Thai food and so did I. It wasn't horrible calorie wise but it was a poor choice. I got prio wan with shrimp. I gave the rest to my mom which was basically the steamed rice it came with. Kind of an early birthday dinner. The only special thing I'll do on the 11th is maybe make a low cal pie. I have a gluten free crust left so we'll see. I may do some fajitas on my birthday as I have some chicken in the freezer along with bell peppers. Yum....

qotd: not really we do a goody bag for the kids but that's about it. My grandpa used to get us all a box of chocolates...I miss that man so so much.

b: oatmeal, PB2, cacao powder and coffee

l: maybe some smoked salmon...not 100% sure

d: gf breaded flounder pan fried, basically what I mean to have yesterday! Lol

s: popcorn, fruit and maybe another coffee or chai tea

Mel

Emiepie
on 2/4/21 5:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and Happy Friday-Eve! Today should be busy at work which means it typically goes by fast. We've had a mixture of weather lately and my allergies are acting up. I wish we didn't have to worry about every cough/sniffle/sneeze.

JQOTD: Some years we have done a little something but not recently. We usually have some chocolate and a few fun things for Em.

TSS: 6 years, 5 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Tri tip, salad, and a honeycrisp apple

S: Protein puffs, boiled egg, and yogurt

D: Turkey burger, cauliflower with cheese sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: None

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1332 Protein: 116 Carbs:111 Fat: 52

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

MadisonRose
on 2/4/21 6:19 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! I think at this point I'm just getting used to the pain. Called the doctor again yesterday afternoon and again first thing this morning to check on my pain medication and I get the same story every time. They are still waiting on the doctor to sign off on it. Does it seriously take three days for the doctor to sign off on it? Sigh.... The lymph nodes in my neck are now really sore and painful. At this point I feel like there is going to be no other option than to get my tonsils removed. I'm just ready to have them out! They haven't even started on my fmla paperwork yet. I can already tell that is going to be like pulling teeth. I still have some time before the deadline, but I don't like waiting until the last minute.

QOTD: As kids my mom used to give my brother and I a box of chocolates. As an adult I don't really celebrate it. Although this year my mom has made reservations at this beautiful old manor for a Valentine's Day brunch and mimosas. It would be her, dad, my brother, his girlfriend and I. However, I'm not so sure I'll be able to go if I'm still feeling like this.

Food plan is the same today.....soup and pushing fluids. (Mom made this really delicious chicken soup that she even puréed for me)

Lisa91941
on 2/4/21 6:42 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Lots of work projects today, so I am hoping time flies right by. We are trying to fill two positions, and for all the talk of people needing work, we are getting so little response I am shocked. One person started, but I have to say I am not loving it, and we are going to make an offer to a second. But still, I would have thought that we would be overwhelmed with job seekers. Especially since we pay well AND pay 100 % health insurance after 90 days. But definitely underwhelmed over here.

QoTD: I get my husband a silly, like 5 dollar gift that I leave for him on the counter every year. He sends me flowers. And then he started sending my daughter flowers. And then he added my niece. And then one friend lost her husband and he started sending her flowers. Then a second friend lost her husband and he added her to the list. Then my best friend was like "WTH?, Everyone gets flowers from Roger? So he added her to the list. It's a very sweet thing to do and my girlfriends look forward to it every year. I brace myself for the credit card bill each February. I am in charge of paying the bills and I always say he has a magic credit card. He uses it and never sees the consequences. But really, I love him even more for taking care of my girls.

Weight is up a bit today, but I am ok with that as it dropped 3 pounds all of sudden last week. I intentionally upped my calories a bit and added some good carbs a couple weeks ago to maintain, and my weight dropped. I have no idea who's body this is that I am living in.

Menu:

B: chicken loaf and 1/4 C cottage cheese

L: leftover pulled pork on a small kale salad

D: leftover chili with 1 oz shredded cheddar

S: jerky/parm crisps. Maybe a bite of chocolate.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

MadisonRose
on 2/4/21 6:58 am
RNY on 01/23/19

That is so sweet of your husband!

Christina135
on 2/4/21 6:44 am

Morning everyone!

QOTD - We do celebrate it, but with small things. My husband usually gives me a charm or two for my JA bracelet, and I get him something silly that he won't buy for himself. Plus we have treats and snacks and spend some time together. This year, I got him the PERFECT card that has David Rose on it, and it says "You're Simply The Best". We are both in love with Dan Levy and love everything Schitts Creek so, I win on the card this year!

Breakfast - fasting so black coffee, water

Lunch - soyrizo, papas and kale on toast with avocado butter

Snack - apple with peanut butter

Snack - fruit smoothie

Dinner - leftover Panera Mediterranean bowl, some GS cookies and bread with vegan butter.

Have a great day y'all!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Melody P.
on 2/4/21 7:13 am - Amarillo, TX

I love love LOVE your hair!

Mel

Most Active