What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Greateight
on 2/3/21 3:11 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

On behalf of both your husbands, I suggest these shoes to accompany your bar work.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 2/3/21 3:13 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Lol!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

MadisonRose
on 2/3/21 10:10 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Hi all. Just a quick check in. Apparently my doctor did not call in my pain medicine because the pharmacy only had the antibiotic. I've called the doctor several times again and each time they say they are on it, but this has been going on since yesterday morning. At this point I'm not worried about it anymore. I still have some hydrocodone leftover from surgery that I did take a couple tines for the pain, but it causes me to have such crazy dreams and feel so out of it. I'll just deal with the pain.

Last night I did feel about 50% better.....pain was minimal and it actually gave me hope that the antibiotic was working! Could have just been the injections they gave me yesterday though. This morning I woke up with my throat so dry and feeling like a had swallowed a bunch of razorblades. Pain was back full force! Ugh I do think it's getting more bearable though.....so maybe it's getting better? Fingers crossed! Friday my sweet little Jellybean goes to get spayed. Hoping I feel well enough to go along. My parents have offered to take her since I've been sick, but I don't know if they will allow them to without me being there.

I've been doing better with pushing fluids. Appetite seems to be a little better as well. I just realized I haven't had any solid food in almost two weeks. Having flashbacks to right after surgery. What I'd give for a thick juicy steak! Sigh... I've basically been living off of soup, tea w/Splenda, crushed ice and SF vanilla ice cream. About the only thing that does not hurt my throat to eat. So that will mostly be the food plan again today.

QOTD: Oh I'd love to travel! All over the US and abroad. Always been a dream of mine. Definitely can't afford it now and I'd need a travel partner. It's no fun traveling alone. Sigh....maybe in this lifetime it will happen.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/3/21 10:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Just get well soon! So frustrating when you have to chase the doctors office to take care of something they said they would do.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Teenie
on 2/3/21 11:13 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I find if I email my doctors I get a quicker response than if I call. Also you can try to add Bananas and applesauce to your food plan those should be soft and comforting.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 2/3/21 2:23 pm - Warren, OH

Two of the things we are thinking about doing after quarantine is a National Geographic ship cruise to explore British Columbia and a trip through the Canadian Rockies in a glass topped train.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active