What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Melody P.
on 2/3/21 1:23 pm - Amarillo, TX

All I had was some hydrocortisone and it helped a lot. If we get out tomorrow I need to get some aquaphor...we've been out for way to long.

The pains is back but at least I have hope.

Mel

Christina135
on 2/3/21 5:45 am, edited 2/2/21 9:45 pm

Mernin' y'all!

Liz, I feel your frustration. I think short answer is that in mid 2020 when the infrastructure and plans could have been being put into place for vaccine distribution... Covid19 was still being dismissed as a hoax, we the people were being told it was going to go away in summer, and we were dealing with an administration that threw away the pandemic playbook. It is extremely time consuming and difficult trying to get my mother and mother in law an appointment for their vaccine here, but I'm trying. My youngest daughter has received her first dose of the Moderna vaccine as I was able to get her in by sheer luck. I cried when we went this past weekend out of relief. She gets her second dose 2/27. She is immune compromised, and has been my biggest worry this entire pandemic. She has also contracted Covid once, and it was rough. She had it back in June of 2020, and it was still new and very much unknown. Thankfully, I think we are seeing movement in vaccines being produced and additional offerings of vaccines to pharmacies, etc. I hope you are able to get yours scheduled soon!

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee, water

Lunch - soyrizo, papas, kale scramble, corn tortilla, vegan cheese

Snack - apple, orange and strawberries (cut up), pepitas

Snack - fruit smoothie

Snack - vegan hot dog with vegan cheese, skinny girl popcorn

Dinner - not sure, but thinking something out. I am not in the mood to cook and it's going to be a meeting heavy day.

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/3/21 7:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am so glad your daughter got it. I see people getting it here who aren't even eligible or somehow have bypassed the frustrating appointment system while others who are at high-risk haven't been able to get it. Just feels wrong!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Teenie
on 2/3/21 11:04 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Same thing here a prominent DJ from a morning show who is SMO and is under the age of 40 was able to snag one but my 82 year old mother still can't even get an appointment let alone the shot. He talks about it on his morning show. Lets just say I am not happy.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 2/3/21 1:27 pm - Amarillo, TX

I could technically get mine as I'm still obese but I don't think I should. I talked to my mom and I told her it wasn't right for me to get it when so many more need it. I will wait until I think it's right. I don't want to get Covid but I have a better chance at beating it than someone who is immune compromised or who is older with other health issues.

I'm so glad your daughter got hers! That had to be a relief for you!

Mel

catwoman7
on 2/3/21 5:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

My weight was up this morning so I'm not happy. I don't know why I let my weight dictate my moods so much. A one- or two-pound fluctuation is very normal and most likely due to water levels. My logical side knows that - but my emotional side doesn't. Well, at least that gain might keep me on the straight and narrow today...

I have Mah Jongg at 10:00, need to run an errand, and then I have some work to do for one of my organizations. We have a big (Zoom) lecture scheduled for Saturday, and I need to get the software ready and send out the links. Plus get registration set up for our March program, since our moderator is going to announce it at Saturday's meeting, and we always have a few eager beavers who want to sign up right away. Oh - and one of my cousins in Chicago wants to do a Zoom call this afternoon. And then there's always reading. So...full day.

QOTD: I've been thinking about this a lot because I have a whole list of places on my bucket list and probably only 15-20 good years left to see them all - so I probably WON'T end up seeing them all :-( And losing a year (or more) because of this pandemic is really irritating. But we've rescheduled our trip to the Amalfi coast for this coming October (we were originally supposed to go last May), so that's already in the works. I'd also love to go back to India and have talked to the woman who coordinated the last one about joining her group for the 2023 trip, but then I have so many other places I want to go that I may have to pass. I wish I had another 50 years left. The other thing I want to do as soon as we're out of this mess is start doing weekend trips to Chicago again. We used to go five or six times a year, but I haven't been there in a year. I really miss it!!

B: yogurt with cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: pumpkin/coffee protein shake (or Fit Frappe)

L: turkey breast slices and a scoop of Brussels sprouts casserole

AS: probably more yogurt - and maybe a protein muffin

D: DH is actually going into the office today (first time since Thanksgiving, I think...), so I'm just going to nuke an Aldi's chicken burrito (290 calories) since I have no idea when he'll be home

ex: maybe weights. I did an hour of alternating jogging/walking to a youtube virtual running video last night and am really feeling it this morning - so no Zumba!

have a great day, everyone!!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/3/21 7:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I think my travel list is way too long for the time/money I have left too so prioritization will be key.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Emiepie
on 2/3/21 6:02 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Thanks for starting us off, Liz. I am anxious about being able to schedule a vaccine when it's my tiers turn which I anticipate is a few months out.

QOTD- I want a beach vacation!

TSS: 6 years, 5 months

B: Sf latte, Jimmy Dean scramble and a kiwi

L: 1/2 ham sandwich with Chompie's bread, salad, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, boiled egg, yogurt, and a plum

D: Cloud eggs, saudage, chompie's toast, sliced orange/ banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup fiber cereal

E: none

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1332 Protein:122 Carbs:104 Fat:48

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/3/21 9:37 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The Beach is always the best place to be!

Lisa91941
on 2/3/21 6:31 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I'm with Christina. Terrible planning started at the top. Shame on him and the whole administration. I'm watching carefully for my group to open. Based on work, it should be next, but also, they are talking about 50 and over here in San Diego, so I'll qualify two ways. Then it will be the challenge of getting an appointment. We have "super centers" here in San Diego and they just opened one 3 miles from our house. I can bike over. So I'm going to be lurking on that site especially.

QoTD: We have planned a trip to Dallas and Austin for April. Everything is 100% cancellable. I'd love to have our vaccines before that. I'd also like to get back up to the cabin in Montana that our friend lets us use, and we are supposed to be laying the bones out for a trip to Europe in 2022. But I think I might suggest to our little group we push to 2023 on that one just to hopefully give more time for normalcy to return.

Menu:

B: chicken loaf and 1/4 C cottage cheese

L: 3 oz chicken thigh, 2 oz roasted potatoes, roasted peppers and onions and 1 tbsp parm cream sauce

D: from yesterday, because I switched up last night. 3-4 oz Carne Asada, 1/4 refried beans, 1 oz shredded cheddar, 1 tbsp Crema, 2 corn "slider" shells.

S: jerky/parm crisps. Piece of chocolate if I have calories available.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active