What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/3/21 3:59 am, edited 2/3/21 4:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I hope everyone is doing well and aren't too bored!

I am so tired of Covid news but especially with the struggles around distributing the vaccine. Why weren't project planning people putting together a plan by the middle of 2020 and working to get the necessary infrastructure in place: Technology for appointments, physical locations, determining the roles and numbers of people needed to administer the vaccine? I know the timing wasn't definite or the issues in getting enough known. However it was clear that it would be a huge effort and would require an orderly way of equitably assigning appointments and an efficient means of following through. Sigh...

This is me after the last fruitless 2 hours spent trying to get an appointment online at Publix for the Covid vaccine:

Luckily the rest of the day will be busy but less frustrating. I have a lot to do early, then an almost 3 hour drive to Mike's, rewarded by a dinner at his clubhouse.

QOTD: What is the first thing you will do once you are completely free to go about your business and travel post-pandemic? I have been talking with Mike lately about going to Seattle to visit my brother and from there to Hawaii which I have never visited.

TSS: 4 years, 10 months

B: Coffee!!! Scrambled eggs and cottage cheese

L: everroast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Asian food at event at Mike's clubhouse

S: nut thins and cottage cheese or almonds

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Melody P.
on 2/3/21 4:35 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning Liz and thanks for getting us started!

The stimulator has been deemed a success from the clinic and representative. So they offered to get the leads pulled today and I agreed to do so. The tape really feels like it's eating away at my skin. I'm very sensitive to latex and most tapes. I'm sure I'll be losing some skin when it's peeled off.

I should be able to read my MRI some time today. Interested in what that'll say. Hoping of course it's ok and they'll get the prior authorization going for the stimulator.

qotd: we are not able to travel much due to animals. Once our 21 year old cat has passed we can travel a bit more...maybe. Our big dog is a nervous nelly so he is a big roadblock to travel as well. I want to go to San Antonio again and the Tetons in Wyoming.

b: just egg, chicken sausage, gf toast and of course coffee

l: gf chicken tenders, ???

d: flounder, maybe some broccoli or Brussels sprouts

s: popcorn, banana, ???

Mel

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/3/21 4:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am so glad the stimulator has helped - praying that all goes smoothly for the rest of the process.

The Tetons? Hmmm.... that sounds intriguing.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Melody P.
on 2/3/21 5:02 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! The Tetons are a mountain range in Wyoming. We drove by them on the way to Yellowstone and didn't have time to explore. They were gorgeous! I'm a sucker for mountains!

Mel

Melody P.
on 2/3/21 5:04 am - Amarillo, TX

Not my picture but these are the Tetons!

Mel

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/3/21 6:30 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wow! Gorgeous!

Greateight
on 2/3/21 6:27 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Google Four Seasons Jackson Hole

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Maddymoe2
on 2/3/21 6:32 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Melody,

Excellent news!

Melody P.
on 2/3/21 8:43 am - Amarillo, TX

It's off! I have a bunch of welts under where the battery pack was. The tagaderm was much kinder to my skin.

I'm getting referred back to the neurosurgeon and they said it shouldn't take too long.

Mel

Teenie
on 2/3/21 11:00 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

If you have any Aquaphor at home rub it on there it helped relieve DH very quickly.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active