What's on your Saturday menu?

MadisonRose
on 1/30/21 8:16 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all. I think I'm getting better.....I hope I am at least. It's just been very miserable and I'm ready for it all to be over with. I still can't eat anything and it's very hard to drink and taking pills is a real struggle. A good nights sleep is also difficult because of the pain. Yesterday I just laid in bed contemplating whether or not to go to the hospital. I know I'm severely dehydrated. I have been doing better though with forcing liquids down. I know I'll be ok for awhile without food....but I can't go long without staying hydrated. My throat just feels raw and burns now. I can't have anything acidic or even a little bit of flavor to it because it sets it on fire. Tried to eat a mango the other day....big mistake! It burned so bad! For some reason only cold feels good on my throat.....the colder the better. Anything hot does not sit well and I can't even drink coffee anymore. Makes me so nauseous!

So I've mostly been living off of crushed ice and water. Last night I did have some sweet tea over crushed ice because I wanted something with flavor. And I know I'm not supposed to have sugar, but man that tea tasted so good and was so refreshing. Felt good on my throat too. I was so thirsty. I'm not even hungry anymore. I just stay thirsty. I'm a few ounces away from goal now. Was 145.8 this morning. Never thought it would take getting sick to get here. Hopefully I don't just gain it all back once I'm well, but at this point that's the least of my worries. I just want to feel better.

QOTD: don't really have a favorite song, but was listening to Africa by Toto last night while in bed. For some reason it was comforting to me.

No real meal plan.....just crushed ice and forcing liquids.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Melody P.
on 1/30/21 12:22 pm - Amarillo, TX

Super big sad face that you're still feeling so rotten. That just completely sucks!

Mel

Sheila_H
on 1/30/21 12:47 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

How about these sf popsicles for your throat and hydration?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active