What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 1/30/21 5:30 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Saturday morning everyone. Hope the day is treating you well.

I'm pretty tender this morning. They told me it would hurt today and they were right. Where the leads were placed is what hurting most. Kind of feel like when you pull or strain a muscle. They gave me an antibiotic and it made my stomach icky all night and all day yesterday. It's better so I am thankful.

My mom fell the other day on the concrete outside a store. She is really sore. Really hoping she feels better soon. She thinks she bruised a rib but has no insurance so she won't go to the doctor to get it checked. She's already paying on her hospital bill from the mini stroke. If you can just send some positive energy her way if you can!

qotd: what's your favorite song of the moment?

mine is a song by architects called "animals". So so good.

b: just egg, gf toast, chicken sausage and coffee

l: split pea soup

d: something easy...just not sure yet.

s: popcorn, raspberries and ???

Mel

Queen JB
on 1/30/21 5:41 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Sending good thoughts to your mom, Melody! Nothing new with me--my meeting schedule continues to be nuts and I haven't stepped a toe outside of the house in 2 weeks. Life is boring! No plans today except for lots of cleaning and maybe some crafting?

QOTD: I'm on a Beatles kick, lately. I could listen to Here Comes the Sun on a continuous loop for life and never be sick of it!

Food has stayed on track this month. Down 6 pounds this month which feels great. Yesterday was the first day in awhile that I was ravenously hungry and unsatisfied all day, and I had a few extras so calories were about 950, but the scale stayed the same.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/30/21 12:18 pm - Amarillo, TX

That's my second favorite Beatles song. Blackbird is my all time favorite.

Mel

Queen JB
on 1/30/21 12:32 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Google the Blackbird version by Evan Rachel Wood. Gives me chills every time!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 1/30/21 5:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I was glad to hear your update yesterday about the stimulator, Melody - sorry to hear you're sore this morning, but hopefully that'll be gone by tomorrow. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I can't imagine not having health insurance - that would be really scary. I know a lot of people are in that situation, though. I just hope she's just bruised and there are no breaks or anything.

Last night I gave myself a B12 injection. I'd bought a bottle of it for my cat and only gave him one injection before he died (earlier this month). I'd been reading online that it's the same damn thing they give to humans, so after spending hours on the internet researching dosage, I did it. Easy peasy. And I'm still alive this morning. I may alternate it with my sublinguals just because I need to use those up as well (I take a megadose tablet of that every other week - so I'll alternate the bi-weekly dose with a 0.5 ml (500 mcg) shot).

we're supposed to get another major snowstorm this weekend starting sometime this afternoon, so we'll be running a couple of errands this morning and then battening down the hatches. I'm hoping the small engine repair place will be done with our snowblower before they close today, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

QOTD: I don't really have a favorite song. I'm finally kind of up on the current stuff, though, since I do Zumba and other cardio dance stuff - I actually recognize some of the current songs they play on the radio now!

B: protein shake, coffee with half & half

MS: Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with 1/2 diced mango

L: lemon/blueberry yogurt pie

AS: maybe a Costco chicken skewer and a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: turkey breast slices and some kind of Brussels sprouts concoction (I may even make one of the those casseroles with bacon and just eat a little of it)

ex: strength training for sure - and maybe a cardio session, too

have a great Saturday, everyone!

Melody P.
on 1/30/21 12:21 pm - Amarillo, TX

It is scary. She has almost 3 years before she'll be eligible for Medicare. She is a stubborn one and won't go to the doctor unless it's an emergency. She is taking care of her blood pressure and cholesterol though so I am thankful for that.

Mel

Lisa91941
on 1/30/21 8:05 am
RNY on 10/29/19

good morning! Sending warm CA hugs your Mom's way, Mel! I hope she and you feel better soon.

It is cold and bright sunshine here. Aiming for a bike ride today and I've completed a mini minute yoga stretch session. Last night's sea bass with a parm and lemon white cream sauce was delish! I roasted veggies, then added the fish and finished roasting that and then just added a tablespoon or so of the cream sauce to my plate. I had what felt like several extravagances yesterday, but stayed real close to my calorie goal. Ending the day at 1057. Scale is down this morning. Again and still, trying to figure out how my body works in maintenance. It certainly isn't like it was before.

QoTD: Currently in love with Lee Brice's new song, Soul. I love you from your head to your toe-ses. Makes me happy and bop along with it every time.

Menu:

B: hb egg, 1/4 c cottage cheese, EBTB seasoning

L: TBD having lunch out we hope.

D: Short rib street tacos. I have all the ingredients and as soon as I am done with this post, I am going to research recipes for the short rib to break it down and render it all soft and yummy.

S: 1 hershey mini bar or 1 glass of red wine.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Melody P.
on 1/30/21 12:22 pm - Amarillo, TX

Can I come to your house for dinner? YUM!!!

Mel

Lisa91941
on 1/30/21 1:28 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

Yep!! Anytime.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 1/30/21 12:45 pm - Central Coast, CA