What's on your (PHOTO FRIDAY) Menu, RNYers?

Grim_Traveller
on 12/13/19 7:11 am
RNY on 08/21/12

And a spoon. Or maybe one of those little shovels that kids use at the beach.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Queen JB
on 12/14/19 3:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Christmas it right around the corner. I am officially asking for a bucket of Mac n cheese with a sand shovel. Don't disappoint me!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Queen JB
on 12/14/19 3:13 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ha, I used to try to convince him to try new things all the time in our first year dating... then I realized:

A.) Why bother fighting? He's never going to try it.

B.) MORE FOR ME!

karenp8
on 12/13/19 4:44 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! We've made it through another week and it was busy with inventory here. Tonight after 8 hours of work we have to go to the local high school and lug in toys collected for the Christmas giveaway tomorrow. Then when it's over we get to bring the containers back and take any leftovers to the Salvation Army. Busy weekend too I guess! QOTD nope nothing. Don'****ch that much TV. Accountability was spot on stepwise and food too and weight is 120.4 today. I didn't drink nearly enough water though and woke with a terrible headache so that's my goal for today. Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do more later. I'm going to leave work a bit early so we can get a walk in before we go to setup. Here's the food plan for the day B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c chili with cheese D 4 oz grilled chicken S if needed L&F yogurt shared with Miss Lily of course! Pics today are of an early Christmas present I got in honor of Miss Lily. Lily was a rescue from a puppy mill at age six. We got her from a no kill shelter in Jacksonville Illinois called PAWS. The founder has good relationships with many puppy mills in this area of Illinois and always takes any dogs they will give her,gets them exceptional vet care,sprays or neuters them,and finds them loving forever homes. In July of this.year a breeder down the road from the place where Lily had been(actually a family member of Lily's "owner") wanted to close down. Lisa at PAWS immediately took all the dogs--all 91! She said all she could think as she looked at the empty.cages was"Never again". She has found homes for all but 3 of the dogs so far. Every puppy mill dog comes in with a tight chain around their neck and an ugly number tag. Normally they throw the tags away. This time though they kept.the tags and the chains and a local jeweler engraved the backs with the shelters logo and the words Never Again. They were auctioned off with all proceeds to benefit the shelter-a wonderful cause. They took such loving care of Lily and her sister and then helped us find her. She enriches our lives so much and I'll wear my tag as an honor to her--my wonderful walking buddy!

Partlypollyanna
on 12/13/19 5:04 am
RNY on 02/14/18

This made me get all choked up. Humans can really suck..but it's good there are people like Lisa at Paws.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Christina135
on 12/13/19 6:56 am

Oh this touched my heart. Thank you for sharing. As a dog mom of 8, (all rescues) I have a special place for doggos and the humans who care for them. LOVE this bracelet!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Teenie
on 12/13/19 7:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Why? Now i have to explain why I am crying to my co workers. What a wonderful thing you have done for this shelter. What a generous and kind hearted person you are.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 12/13/19 7:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

What an amazing story! Love the bracelet too!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 12/14/19 3:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Very sweet.

Partlypollyanna
on 12/13/19 4:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I don't love that style of mac and cheese but give me a 20+ pound bucket of elbow noodles, with shredded cheddar and butter? Heaven! If you want to sub egg noodles that works, too.

I am ready for the end of today -- long week this week and next! Potentially a very busy weekend ahead but the 8 inches of snow they are calling for on Saturday night into Sunday might make sunday more chill. I have wanted to get a tattoo this year and I am tomorrow....although I didn't think my next tattoo would be eyebrows (microblading).

QOTD - Bikram on Netflix....it's really good but it will make you think that some women are the absolute worst...and this is in a doc about a rapist yogi.

I am very sore today -- I may have been a bit to enthusiastic yesterday with an elliptical workout and then two pilates classes, including one of the jump classes. I have to do the elliptical today because I'm testing a second pair of boots to see how comfortable they will be for my trip to Stonehenge in the rain next week. My regular winter boots are so heavy, I ordered two pairs from Zappos to compare them and love that as long as you don't wear them outside, you can give them a try. I suspect that the pair that I got on sale will be the one to go back, of course. I am going to give myself a no workout day tomorrow.

My Photo Friday is from our ugly sweater contest at work this week...I didn't enter the contest because i think my t-rex is too cute and it wasn't a cute sweater contest, lol, but they took my picture anyway.

Accountability - Yesterday, I went to GNC and ended up having a dinner of protein bars so accountability was in the toilet. I believe I need to move my approach to protein bars to a "only out of the house" approach. They are valuable for me when I travel but dangerous in the house.

I did happen to be there at just the right time as an older gentlemen came in and was talking to the retail associate and said "can you recommend protein powder and bars for my wife that just had bariatric surgery", the young man seemed a little clueless so I asked "do you mind if I join the conversation since I've had bariatric surgery" so I was able to help the nice man and the retail associate was happy too.

Have a great friday and wonderful weekend!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics