What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Theduffman27
on 11/4/19 7:07 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I had Lasik in 2009, I was so very Lucky, I had surgery on 01/07, Wyeth sold the company on 01/10, so I only made two contributions to my medical spending, Wyeth paid for my Lasik! Yay. I am still with corrective lenses! Good luck....

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

catwoman7
on 11/4/19 8:06 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

my husband had LASIK surgery several years ago. No regrets. He's very glad he had it.

White Dove
on 11/4/19 5:45 am - Warren, OH

I still remember a worksheet in first grade where it showed the different directions and stick figures with the arms pointing to east and west and got totally confused.

When they faced to the north their left arm pointed west.

When they faced to the south their left arm pointed east.

In my mind, left and right got reversed when you turned around and your left arm became your right arm. I never told anyone but the concept stayed in my mind forever. When someone, including the lady on my GPS, says turn left, I have to flex my left arm so my mind knows that is left.

I would rather someone say to drive up to the gas station and then turn towards the gray house, then go north and turn west, or go straight and turn right. I tell people i can't do left or right, so please don't talk compass.

My first GPS was called Earthlink, had to be attached to a laptop to get directions, cost $500 and changed my life. I was at a meeting in a different state and they decided to break for lunch at a restaurant across town. I programmed my Earthlink, followed the directions, and was the first to arrive.

As people came in, they talked about how difficult it was to find that place. I decided that my brand new investment was worth it. When i traveled before GPS, i would make a cheatsheet map each night on a large piece of paper with a magic marker and all roads and turns drawn in. I still missed turns and allowed a lot of time for mistakes and back tracking.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 11/4/19 6:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

My first GPS changed my life, too. I had a job that had me traveling to schools all over the state and I would have to do trial runs with a friend and print out directions with my annotations. I hated it. One of the wealthy volunteers for my program knew I was always getting lost and stressed and bought me one. It was the nicest gift I have ever gotten!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Christina135
on 11/4/19 6:22 am

Good morning everyone, Happy Monday!

QOTD - Generally, yes. However, with technology I tend to rely on Google Maps to tell me where I need to go, if I am unfamiliar.

Breakfast - Cranberry almond oatmeal, almond milk, veggie sausage patty

Snack - Fruit smoothie (frozen frui****er)

Lunch - Beyond burger, cooked up with some calabaza and yellow squash

Snack - Caramel rice cake, peanut butter (only if hungry)

Dinner - starting my IF again, so nothing after 3PM.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Sheila_H
on 11/4/19 6:45 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

The fall has finally arrived in our household, even if the outside temps are still in the 70s. I think I'll be all good until Xmas time when I'll be sick of pumpkin flavors.

I had a pretty good weekend, not much going on but just catching up with errands.

QOTD: I am horrible with directions, tell me right or left but don't tell me NSEW, because I have no idea. If I'm in my own area I know the ocean is west but that's about it.

My meals yesterday:

• B: Costco egg bites
  • L: cauliflower fried rice + 2 eggs
  • S: epic chicken, Fage yogurt w/sf syrup
  • D: skipped

Wishing you all a great start of the week.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Dcgirl
on 11/4/19 6:52 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ok, now Jen needs to post a pic of her sugar-free syrup cupboard! You two are so hilarious with your syrup hoarding LOL!

White Dove
on 11/4/19 7:08 am, edited 11/3/19 11:08 pm - Warren, OH

I used a baker's rack that has eight rings for wine bottle storage. On the shelves were a blender and canisters of protein powder and in each wine storage ring was a bottle of sugar-free syrup.

My cousin thought is was a alcoholic drink station and the look of disgust on her face when she started reading the labels on the "wine" bottles was priceless.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sheila_H
on 11/4/19 7:23 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I call my SF syrup cupboard my booze cabinet. I'm sure if the neighbors ever saw me they would think I'm a total alcoholic, because that cupboard gets opened up starting at 7:00 am with my first coffee!

Sheila_H
on 11/4/19 7:21 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Hah! If we are talking about cupboard that's a different story. This is just my new batch that I ordered.

Most Active
Recent Topics