What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Amy Liz
on 10/15/19 8:28 am
RNY on 11/21/16

That was awesome watching Howard and Bill - can you get more real? Love it!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Dcgirl
on 10/15/19 6:02 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

OMG JB, I am right there with you...Melissa McCarthy is the funniest person ever! I literally die laughing when I watch her movies. Did you watch her recent serious one? She's an amazingly talented actress and seems super down to earth.

I am SO excited - I am being a "lady who lunches" today. I am taking a break and meeting my second parents (best friend from college's mom and dad) who I adore and haven't seen in probably close to a year. We are meeting at a seafood place and may even get to sit outside - it's sunny and 70 today! Outside of that, I have calls, calls, calls.

B: Hard boiled egg, goat cheese, mini avocado (no ever roast in the house - dying here!)

L: seafood! Not sure what yet!

D: We have a delivery coming today from EveryPlate - my friend referred us for a free box. So let's see how it is! I may do the greek chicken with couscous. I love cooking shows and I love cooking but periodically I get into a rut so this mandates that I make new things!

E: Body Pump at 7 pm!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Queen JB
on 10/15/19 10:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yeah that was a decent movie! I was impressed with her acting chops!

Have fun lunching and have even more in 70 degree weather! We're stuck in the 50s and I am miserable.

Never heard of EveryPlate. Reviews welcome! :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Dcgirl
on 10/15/19 1:27 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I will review but at first glance, it's not enough protein. Tonight is Tuscan chicken with linguine and for two people, it's not enough chicken as far as I can tell. But the stuff like the tomatoes and garlic and onion and cucumber seem fresh. I am not sure it will be a long-term solution for us, but a free box is a free box :)

50s?! I am almost envious because I have some cute new sweaters, but not really....I sat outside at lunch today in the sunshine!

seattledeb
on 10/15/19 11:56 pm

I really loved that movie. She worked hardto get it made.

Can you think of another movie with a gay man/lesbian relationship? Not a sub story..just the realness of that friendship? Great representation.

Teenie
on 10/15/19 6:59 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good morning JB and Menuers,

I missed you all yesterday but I was recovering from a hang over and was super busy at work so I had no time to even think about posting. I also Had and OBGYN appointment(went great) and physical support group last night (that did not go great). Our fearless leader is stepping down and I am very disappointed to see her go. I don't know what it means for the group and if it will disband or not.

I am so glad the hangover is gone. I got carried away at the winery Sunday afternoon I had a blast dancing and hanging with my cousins. I thought after RNY you got drunk fast but you sober fast also. At support they told me you actually have to stop drinking to sober. I think that was my downfall. LOL DH was a great DD so kudos to him for keeping me safe.

Accountability: Even after all the wine I think I did good. I know I cut food calories to make up for the wine consumption I did forget to drink a glass of water between every wine though. That is one step I hope not to forget in the future. I never forget my vitamins.

TSS 1 year 10 months 4 days 139.4 lbs Now at my lowest

CB: Dark roast coffee with and SF Hazelnut creamer from Aldi with miralax and fiber

MS OIKOS BLUEBERRY YOGURT, Egg bite,

L: Pork and Sauerkraut Brussels sprouts a stuffed mushroom

D: Mississippi pot roast quesadilla

LS Gloria jeans Toffee coffee and Aldi SF French Vanilla creamer

Everybody have a great day.

Brightest Blessings,

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 10/15/19 8:25 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ It was a long, nice but tough weekend. My sons grandpa had been in the hospital all weekend and passed away last night. My kiddo was a mess and I think it just unearthed all the feelings he had from when my parents passed and he relived all of it, all over again. He is so sensitive and I love that about him, but it just breaks my heart. Yesterday Rob and I went to SoCal to see his mom. We took her to lunch where she tells us that she has esophageal and stomach cancer for the 3rd time and she is refusing treatment other than pain meds that she needs to be able to swallow. She said her doctor wants her to go on hospice, but she is refusing and because she is still able to take care of herself and gets around easily - unlike her hospice roommate who is bedridden. She didn't want to talk about it anymore and that was that. My family is so different, that is all I can say - I just don't get it. I JUST found out my co workers mom, who is a wonderful woman that I've known for years is in the hospital and took a turn for the worse last night.

On a lighter note, there was good stuff this weekend too - I got my hair done, a mani/pedi and treated myself to a new pair of running shoes. I even got re-evaluated to make sure I've been buying the right ones and luckily I am. I had to order what I wanted (went with Brooks this time) since they didn't have my color in stock but they will be here today. Oh and some awesome new socks. Can't wait to wear them tomorrow - happy feet.

QOTD - Melissa McCarthy is my girl too!! Her and Leah Remini. Can you imagine? Too much fun!

Accountability -It's been a super emotional weekend and I ate a ton

TSS 2 years 10 months 175.5

B - coffee x 3

l- tuna, salad, mayo and lemon juice

d- steak

s - tea w/hh, L&F

Have a good day

Queen JB
on 10/15/19 10:33 am
RNY on 07/20/15

So sorry for your loss. That's tough... Poor kid. I hope he starts to feel better soon...

In other news, I have literally never related to a meme more than that one. Seriously.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Amy Liz
on 10/15/19 2:00 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Thank you, Julia.

Right?! - couldn't agree more!

Emiepie
on 10/15/19 11:59 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sending you hugs. So sorry for all the heartache. But yay for new shoes!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Recent Topics