What's on your Wednesday menu RNYers?

CarlRay
on 11/1/17 8:40 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning!

B: Was a mad scramble this morning for whatever reason. I'm usually pretty organized but not today. I ate the toppings off of a slice of pizza as I walked out the door for my walk to work. Cheese, 2 pieces of pepperoni and the sauce that was stuck to them. Not the greatest, but not the worst.

MS/AS: None today, due to the morning scramble. Brain didn't wake up with the rest of me today.

L: Pot luck today at work. I brought in a container of veggies and dip figuring that people might need/want a healthy choice after the Halloween culinary debauchery. I will have some of that plus whatever protein-rich stuff people bring in.

Supper: I've got a meeting tonight and I forgot to grab a protein bar for the walk home. Likely have some chili tonight at 8, unless there's a meat/cheese tray at lunch I can grab a bunch of stuff for later. That might solve the afternoon snack thing.

Today's a one-off for me, very weird food-wise but I'll pick away at what I can and make do. One thing I AM doing right, I've got my daily water in already and it's only 11:30 am as I type this, and my vitamins are on point.

QOTD: The foods that tempt me haven't really changed. I was never a sweets guy (much), more of a chips guy. I've had a few pretzels here and there, but chips and such no longer have their fatty carb-loaded hooks in my mind. I can pass by the chips and not really feel drawn to them which is nice. It's weird not to crave anything and I wonder if that's going to change. 8 months out and I couldn't care less about any food in particular (except decaf, let's be real, lol). I might "think" I crave something, but when I stop and think about it, I can't remember sitting down and thinking "man I really want a ______" in the last 8 months. I'm proud to say that the little bit of temptation that I've felt re the candy, I've resisted. It's at home (for now) and it's at work but I've been strong on grabbing "just one little piece". The question that absolutely SCREAMS in my mind is "Will this help me to my goal?" and it cures any desire to try the aforementioned candy.

Back to the regular food tomorrow. The key for me being organized is to actually go to sleep for more than a couple of hours.

Au_Contraire
on 11/1/17 12:10 pm

Hi everyone! To me it's still Halloween - I am old school, and consider Halloween, All Saints Day, and All Souls Day to be a triad of wonderful spookiness, and of remembrance of and connection with those who have gone before. I feel them close, honor them, and love this time of year.

QOTD: Still thankfully in my honeymoon phase, I really haven't longed for anything, food-wise. I could probably cut down a bit on my cheese consumption, as I am eating an ounce or a bit more most days, and though it tastes good, it doesn't contribute as much towards my protein totals as other foods I have. Also, it is more caloric, since I prefer the full-fat versions. But I do enjoy it, and it helps the dryer meats to go down a little more easily. I'm going to start just having a little with one meal instead of with 2 or 3.

No problem with candy yesterday - not tempted in the least. Before my operation, sweets were my biggest downfall, though salty-fatty chips with creamy dips would also disappear in no time whenever they were within my reach. Candy, cakes, cookies, pies, and ice cream were the biggest offenders, though. Corn bread, too (though thankfully other breads, pastas, potatoes, etc. never really called my name too loudly). I recognize that I just cannot even start with those things, not that I want to now. But in the future I will do my best to remember that these things are not my friends. Eating-wise, I've been a creature of habit - if I allow something in and liked it I would allow it in over, and over, and over. And I'd eat it all up immediately so I could re-start my good-girl diet the next day, pure and blameless. So for me not starting is the wisest tactic. Geez! Enough! I'd rather indulge in new clothes than that junk, 1000 times over!

Drinking more is really paying off for me. The scale isn't moving at lightning speed but it is slowly moving. But the coolest thing is that my eyes had been feeling horribly dry - sometimes so dry it was really hard to remove my contacts at the end of the day. Even with drops this was a very uncomfortable problem, one I considered seeing a doctor for! But since adding in multiple big mugs of tea every day (I'm up to over 100 ounces!) my eyes are no longer dry. Who knew?

First: Tea. Then Cinnamon Buns protein drink.

B: 2 oz. turkey breast

L: 1.7 oz. ham off the bone, 0.3 oz. cheddar

D: 2 oz. tilapia

Have a wonderful day, RNYers!

HonestOmnivore
on 11/1/17 12:12 pm
RNY on 03/29/17

Good afternoon menu family!

I had my DEXA scan today! Only it wasn't really... it was just of my lower spine and left hip so no helpful body comp information will be coming my way. I didn't find this out until I was on the table and I literally almost cried I was so disappointed. To make things worse, my PCP insisted I go to the big imaging center in our health system to have this done, my out of pocket will be about $130, vs the Ohio State lab where it costs $75 for a full body scan. I paid significantly more and got nothing more than my bone density information. GAH!!!!

Accountability: I had three fun sized candies while passing out treats last night. At the time it seemed important to quality test the products.

QOTD: I'm still learning things as I try different items, but yes, I'm a savory person and many of my favorite fried foods no longer taste "worth the calories". Even an old standby comfort food, Kraft's Mac N Cheese, tasted flat. I do crave salty sweet things now, like chocolate covered pretzels.

7 mo post RNY/146 lbs/ Weight-Loss Stage

B- Soft boiled egg, piece of toast crust with jam (I breakfast with a toddler)

MS- Latte

L- Tuna packet (EVOO w/sun dried tomatoes - so FANCY tuna packet!)

AS- Smoked Almonds with dark chocolate wafers

cottage cheese with protein packet added (late afternoon snack)

D- Cottage cheese with protein powder added

ES- Green Chai Tea with protein powder

Total Calories: 821, Protein: 90, Carbs: 31, Sugar: 13, Fat: 40

It's freezing here, not literally, but close at about 35F. It's also raining yet I did ride my bike to work so I'm pleased I did that. I haven't made it to the gym or gone running yet this week :(

Here is a picture of my nephew in his (home made) Thomas the Train costume. He was pretty happy!

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

Au_Contraire
on 11/1/17 12:25 pm

Adorable!

Librarian67
on 11/1/17 1:53 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Great picture of a happy boy!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Teena D.
on 11/1/17 2:04 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Awesome costume!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Kakesie
on 11/1/17 2:41 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Oh how precious! He's adorable and home made costumes are absolutely the BEST! Kudos for the person who made that!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/2/17 6:39 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What a fantastic costume!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

MNmamma
on 11/1/17 1:46 pm
RNY on 10/27/16

Hello all!

It's getting towards the end of the day and I have to say I have given in to a couple pieces of candy. We hosted about 30 people at our house last night and the stress of getting ready made me let my guard down around all the candy. :(

Anyway, back to plan. Besides two snack size candies today, I've eaten pretty protein forward. I don't have time to give details, but wanted to be sure to post. I do so much better when I'm checking in here daily.

Cheers!

Karen

cc583
on 11/1/17 2:59 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hello everyone,

QOTD: What I still crave is crunchy stuff and I'm always looking for something that give me the crunch that junk food used. Carrots just don't cut it. Pork rinds are sometimes crunchy enough but I tend to stay away from them.

Accountability:100% on plan yesterday and no candy at all!

B: 2 eggs, turkey breakfast sausage, 1/2 slice of cheese

L: 30z turkey

S: 2oz turkey

D: 4 1/2 oz grilled pork tenderloin, 1/3 C broccoli rabe

S: ostrim meat stick

Cals:638, Carbs:6, Protein:94

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?