Update - (RNY on 9 September 2016)

Lovely_Caprice
on 4/12/17 5:25 am

part 1 ...

It was 7 months recently that I had my RnY. I feel fabulous and my total so far is 95 lbs (144 lbs yesterday)!!! How cool is that. Getting this surgery has been quite an adjustment and now it is normal for me. I do not tolerate meat very well so I had to figure out ways to get adequate levels of protein. It seems to work since all my "levels" are fine. I have been compliant 99.9999% of the time. It is a challenge at times but I'm coping well. Basically my only cheat was about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes (I DID THIS ONE TIME) and the next morning I was .8 lbs heavier - that is so crazy but it is a reality.

This is the best decision I ever did. I feel great, my energy levels are way up.

I will continue to part 2 when I'm back from yoga ...

CJ On Orcas
on 4/12/17 11:35 am
RNY on 09/09/16

So good to see you surgery buddy! I am down 82 pounds. Such a great journey! I did not tolerate meat very well at all until very recently. I found that beef jerky (!) works for me. Chicken gets better every week for me. Ground meat, sometimes yes sometimes no. Same with tuna or any fish. Constantly amazes me how a food will work, and then not work, and then work again. I still use my protein shakes, and greek yogurt, but am trying to eat meat more and more.

My energy levels just soared about a month ago, right at 6 months. I also started using the iron and calcium patches, which I think helped. But possibly being 82 pounds less ;)

I have cheated more than you. Same for me, though... when I remove the carbs not only do I feel better, but my weight shifts almost ALWAYS downward. Vets were right all along. Imagine that.

So happy for you! Congratulations!

Ladytazz
on 4/12/17 11:51 am

It sounds like you are doing great! I think it is awesome that you are sticking to your eating plan. I always felt it was very important to stick to my follow up plan to a T to give myself the best chance to lose all the excess weight, plus help me learn discipline with my eating.

There will be plenty of time after your start maintaining that you can experiment with what works for you but concentrating on losing the excess weight will give you a great foundation for continued maintenance.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
Recent Topics