What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

mamata2
on 4/3/17 6:28 am

Good morning! Long time no post, but I need to get back into the swing of things. Weekend was fairly uneventful. My mom came to visit and took my daughter and me shopping. Boy does she love to spoil her grand-daughter. Otherwise pretty low-key.

QOTD: I quit eating when I'm full not just when it no longer tastes good anymore. I call that a win.

Time since surgery: 2 years 9 months

B: Skinny latte and balanced break

S: Balanced break (trying to get rid of these)

L: Deli ham on a 100 cal pita

S: Skinny latte

D: Thai curried chicken with asparagus

E: none (trying to heal a pulled quad muscle)

W/V: Started

Totals: Calories 1021, Protein 80, carbs 97, fat 35

Have a great Monday!

Emiepie
on 4/3/17 6:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hi! Sorry to hear you have an injury too :(

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

peachpie
on 4/3/17 6:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning!! Another week ahead; hanging on to the hope of milder weather ahead.

I've been dealing with some pretty bad gas pressure/bloating. It was so intense yesterday I thought my girly bits were gonna fall to the ground while running. I've been taking gas-x but it works so slowwwwly. I know its carbs in my diet causing it- but it's peaked recently so I gotta figure out which food(s) I need to eliminate.

Qotd: small change I made that made a Huge difference was drinking something in the mornings before my first meal. I never used to drink anything until like 9am (I wake at 5ish). It's helped build my total fluid intake and I've developed a 'thirst' for it now. I too cut back in cheese- especially on eggs. I find eggs are far more filling without the cheese.

195 today, 23 months out

m1: 1/2c each egg beaters and turkey sausage crumbles. 1 pancake

m2: 3oz ham, sriarracha chicken/ham/cheese wrap

m3: chicken chunks 3.7oz, apple

m4: chicken broccoli Alfredo, sans noodles

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Emiepie
on 4/3/17 6:29 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I had a productive weekend and got some errands done and relaxed a bit too. So jealous-have an awesome time at OPENING DAY!!!

QOTD: I would agree with CHEESE. I used to put on my eggs, on my lettuce wraps things and all of that kind of stuff. I have found that I don't miss it all that much.

So I have to listen to reason in my head and even though I am pretty stubborn I am taking a few days off of running. Somehow I tweaked my left hamstring and it's been "screaming" at me for about a week and I have tried "pushing through" the pain but after doing a bit a research it seems the best thing I can do for it right now is not pu****I guess that can lead to a full tear or something like that?!?!? I am grateful that for the moment using the elliptical doesn't bother it so I will stick to that for now.

Time since surgery: 2 years, 7 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters with roasted red pepper, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore tuna lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: SF latte, Siggi strawberry/rhubarb yogurt, and jerky

D: Buddig beef pack lettuce wraps, string cheese, and SF jello with cool-whip

E: 60 mins elliptical this morning and 40 mins of elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:960 Protein:111 Carbs:84 Fat:24

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mamata2
on 4/3/17 12:36 pm

Sending healing thoughts. It's not fun to rest but sometimes we have to. It's been hard this past week but I know not stressing my quad is the right thing to do. Rest is right for you too!

Emiepie
on 4/3/17 1:19 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

pammieanne
on 4/3/17 6:34 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

LOBSTER GRILLED CHEESE???!!! Seriously??! OMG... Please tell me how freaking amazing that is after you eat it! LOLOL

Happy Monday!

QOTD: Small changes? Probably measuring everything and pre-portioning out into my little gladware containers, and then I usually end up freezing 4-8 meals from leftovers a week (sometimes more) That way, I don't have to think, and if I have enough variety, I can decide last minute what I want since 4oz of food reheats quickly, frozen or not. I have probably 6 of them in the freezer here at work at this moment.

I had a great weekend, and just wish the weather would have been better... but it was low key, and had lots of time laughing and running errands with my hubby. Also got to watch both of my kids perform at the State Competition for Winterguard. They came in 5th out of 15 in their class. Not too bad!

Weight 147.4, almost 11 months out.... still trying to get another 10lbs off before it's too late!

B: Leftover taco meat with salsa 4oz

L: chicken alfredo spaghetti squash casserole (Very yummy - just wish I didn't overcook the squash)

D: Brats and asparagus... no bread for me.(1 link and a few asparagus tips)

S: Latte Love... with fairlife milk 2 oz and SF syrup

Back to the gym today... been slacking on that one lately! Rugged Maniac is THIS month. Yikes!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Erin T.
on 4/3/17 6:43 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Hm, I seem to eat ALL THE CHEESE now. But of course all in portions less than an ounce or it's Babybel or Laughing Cow which is barely cheese, right? RIGHT?! Otherwise, I'm at a loss of small changes. But being so early out everything seems major!

It's going to be 57 degrees today and round these parts that's motorcycle riding weather! So, I'm planning to ride my bike to see my trainer tonight. Whoop!

Switching up the order of some of my protein today, to try to avoid a liver dump during my work out. The first night with my trainer on Friday I went in with a blood sugar of 85 and came out with a 175. Then I went home and drank my nightly shake, which always raises it too (for no good reason since there isn't any sugar). So, I'm going to try to get my shake in for breakfast and have a snack before going. We'll see. This will also allow me to up my protein a bit.

11 weeks post op tomorrow, 183.8lbs this morning

B: Premier Protein & Decaf Coffee

L: Deli Turkey spread with Laughing Cow and a Cabot Cheese Square

D: Smoked Salmon & Laughing Cow

S: Siggi's Blueberry Yogurt

E: Core Stability w/ Trainer

Total Calories: 600, Protein: 80g, Fat: 20g, Carbs: 22g

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

NYMom222
on 4/3/17 9:34 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

OK first I'm with you on the cheese.... I could eat it at every meal

I Have never heard of a liver dump. How did you know it was happening?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Erin T.
on 4/4/17 4:34 am
VSG on 01/17/17

So, when you work out hard...especially resistance training where you are working specific muscle groups, your muscles demand Glycogen (sugar). If you don't have much sugar on board to use your liver helps out by dumping stored Glycogen. In people with a normal insulin response, your pancreas will come to the aid by releasing insulin for any excess sugar that isn't used by the muscles. Because I have Type I diabetes I don't produce insulin and therefore the excess sugar sticks around and raises my Blood Glucose. I knew this was happening because I wear a wireless sensor called a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) that tests my blood sugar every five minutes via interstitial fluid under the skin. When it happens I feel icky (nauseated, light headed, generally tired and gross). The picture below shows a screen cap of what my BG did during/after my work out. The lower line is a BG of 70, the upper is 140 (those are the numbers I try to stay in). Where the hill started is mid-workout. I took the screen cap after I'd come home and was preparing dinner. The 178 was my current BG and it's showing I'm rising (via the way the arrow is pointing). Note, all this rising happened with no food on board, I hadn't eaten since lunch.

Last night I had a Siggi's yogurt at 4pm before my 5pm work out and I seemed to completely stave off this reaction. I went up to around 130, but quickly came back down again.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Most Active