What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/3/17 4:22 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Enjoy the game! I think it is a tradition to be cold. I only went to one opening game MANY years ago and all I remember is how cold I was.

We are back in Massachusetts (from Florida). It was a long 3 days of driving, but at least the weather cooperated. I am WFH today, then in the office the next two days.

QOTD: Weighing/measuring, but also eating a planned high protein snack in the afternoon. I used to try to not eat from lunch to dinner, so I was so starved in the late afternoon I'd eat everything in sight.

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: 1/2 leftover cheeseburger and broccoli

S: Almonds, protein bar

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

alston87
on 4/3/17 4:22 am
RNY on 02/27/17

Good morning!

I also had a great weekend. We went to Chapel Hill to watch the final four game on the big screens in the Dean Dome. I graduated from UNC so I always enjoying going back to that area, and can't wait for the Tarheels to win the championship tonight! They last won my senior year in 2009.

Menu:

m1- protein shake with fair life milk

m2- babybel

m3- chicken salad

m4- SF cheesecake (it was my bday over the weekend so I had some yesterday and only brought enough home for one more serving)

m5- undecided

QOTD: I think a small change I made which was really a big change for me at that time was giving up sodas. I gave them up for a long time and then relapsed. Of course I have had to give them up again now, but I still smell them and crave them! So I know that I have to leave them alone!

HW: 290ish    Consult Weight: 262   Height: 5' 7''

Initial Consult: 12/9/16  RNY:  2/27/17

rackerlee
on 4/3/17 7:19 am
RNY on 08/23/16

Ahh..yes..the smell of soda. When we go out to eat and my husband orders a coke (I LOVED diet pepsi), the smell does cause some cravings. Not so much now 7+ months out, but a few months ago, I would have said that Diet Pepsi was the one thing that I missed the most from my diet.

Kakesie
on 4/3/17 4:44 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning JB and Menu Family!

Yesterday instead of just Blossom and I going for a walk, my daughter and Tippy went with us, too. It was 59 degrees out, sunny and very little wind. Such a beautiful day! We walked further than I usually walk and it felt really good.

QOTD: I think a small change that has really helped me is savoring each bite that I eat. Also not eating in front of the TV or reading or doing anything else while I eat. Mindfulness.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella stick

L: lettuce, chicken, cheese, low cal dressing

D: taco meat, cheese, sour cream, 1/2 flour tortilla

S: light n fit Greek yogurt

Exercise: Walking Blossom (and Tippy?) around the subdivision

Have a FANTASTIC day everyone!

~ Karen

pammieanne
on 4/3/17 6:08 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I savor every bite now too. It's like I enjoy the tastes of foods so much more, and I don't know if that's from chewing it more, or not having as many bites to enjoy overall! LOL

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

supershopper
on 4/3/17 9:25 am

My DH makes fun of me because I eat all the leftover meat off his bones when we eat meat. i need each piece.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

catwoman7
on 4/3/17 5:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

22 months out today! I usually take my measurements and have my husband take pictures of me from all angles on my monthly anniversary, but since I'm only down 0.2 pounds since the previous anniversary weigh-in, I may skip it (I've been in maintenance for the last two months).

Long day today - I have to be at work around 8:00 a.m. because I'm observing a grad student teach a class section at 8:50, and then I have the 4:00 - 8:00 pm desk shift this afternoon/evening. Ugh.... (Ugh to the long day - not to the activities!)

QOTD: I can think of so many changes, but a smaller one that immediately came to mind was my breakfast. Before surgery, my usual breakfast was a smoothie. Nutritious, yes - but between about three servings of fruit, Greek yogurt or soft tofu, and enough orange juice to get it going in the blender, it was a huge calorie and sugar bomb. Now my usual breakfast is a Greek yogurt with a few berries ****asionally with a T of Kashi Crunch granola for crunch)

22 months out (maintenance):

B: homemade Greek yogurt, 5 strawberries

S: coffee with half & half, mango protein/fiber shake

L: 1/2 chicken salad wrap (Flat Out wrap - chicken salad was made with plain yogurt), orange

D: other half of the chicken salad wrap

ES: maybe half a protein bar while I'm on desk - or a L&F yogurt when I get home

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

M. P.
on 4/3/17 5:30 am
RNY on 03/07/17

Happy Monday! I'm traveling for work as I mentioned yesterday so just a quick post this morning. All liquids for a couple of days because why eat out for 2tbls of food? Also, I am staying at 3 different hotels over the next few days so that limits things, too.

B: Chocolate Unjury+ PB2+ what I am hoping is skim milk from the hotel continental breakfast bar

L: Grape Fruit Nectar

D: Fuzzy Navel Nectar

Calories: 435, Protien: 81, Carbs: 21

karenp8
on 4/3/17 6:37 am - Brighton, IL

Don't worry about whether it's skim or not--if we get some fat in our diet we have fewer bathroom issues. The small difference in calories with the small amount we eat is not a big deal.

CathyV
on 4/3/17 6:05 am

Morning!

This week already feels overwhelming, oy....we really just need a quiet, ordinary week around here. But this week is not it! We are celebrating my husband's birthday today, finally. I need to get a cake in the oven here shortly. Tomorrow I have to get the kids to my parents' house because my husband is having surgery early Wednesday morning...and then pick them up Wednesday afternoon. My parents live almost two hours away. Hmm.

QOTD- hmm...small change that has made a big difference. I can't think of anything huge at this point. I did quit eating protein bars! lol. One thing that has surprised me is that I really don't miss most carbs. Oh, don't get me wrong, I miss desserts and things like that. But if I make a stir fry for the family and just eat the meat and veg and leave the rice, or if I make spaghetti and meatballs and leave the noodles off my plate...I really don't care at all about it.

Breakfast- coffee, water. I don't want anything else. I ate too much yesterday, honestly, and don't feel like I want a thing.

Lunch- I am making a brunch for dh today. Waffles, bacon, sausage. I'll stick to the meats and maybe fix a quick egg to go with.

Dinner- I promised the kids a fun evening. We cancelled a trip to St.Louis because of dh's surgery. So I promised them a swim at the rec center, dinner at McDonalds (their choice, lol). So dinner will be a chicken salad and iced tea.

Snacks- I have some almonds in the car I may grab as needed. Looking over the day, definitely need to get more protein in. We are eating dinner earlier than usual, so maybe a fourth meal is in order. I have some leftover chicken drumsticks in the fridge.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Most Active