What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 4/3/17 1:17 am, edited 4/3/17 1:19 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Monday Morning, Menu Pals! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I did! It was SUPER relaxing but I also managed to get some key things done. Perfect mix.

I am so excited for today! I have a quick trip out to a school this morning for a few meetings, then I am off this afternoon to go with Grim to RED SOX Opening Day! Whoooooo! It's going to be 53 degrees, so I hope I don't freeze to death in the name of baseball. But I am excited! Plus they rolled out a new menu and I am totally having Lobster Grilled Cheese. Calories be damned.

QOTD: Obviously we have all made some really big changes to our food choices, but can you think of a really small change that is making a big difference? I realized last week that I no longer sprinkle cheese on everything! I used to go through those canisters of parmesan cheese, monthly! Plus I would melt shredded cheese on just about everything. Those calories sure did add up!

20 months post op / 117lbs today / maintenance diet

B: Fit Frappe Mocha; Chomps Meat Stick & Babybel Cheese

S: Venti Iced Coffee with whole milk & HB egg

L: Lobstah Grilled Cheese at Fenway Park

D: I can't imagine I will be hungry, but if I am I will go for a Greek Yogurt.

Vitamins: Patches (D3, & Multi & Iron) Oral (Magnesium & Potassium)

Exercise: Nothin!!!

Prepare for Photo Friday! This week I want to see your celebrity doppelgänger! Post a pic of yourself next to the celebrity that people tell you look like. I can't wait to see!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

merryrose
on 4/3/17 1:57 am

Good morning!

I spent most of the day yesterday sorting through my odds and ends that I have squirreled away all over the place. Moving day and in 2 weeks and I need to organize, get rid of stuff I don't use, and pack stuff I do use. I must have found about 15 of those mini flosses they give me at the dentist. And so many chapsticks and nail clippers!!! I made a food plan for the day and then didn't follow it. But I tracked it all and did fine anyway. Only ate half my dinner, though, cause I got a bad case of the foamies. Something about riced cauliflower gets me more often than anything else.... today is telework and laundry day!

Yay opening day!!! I'm going to my first Red Sox game in 10 years as part of a work outing in June. Let me know if you have any bariatric friendly suggestions for Fenway. Can we bring our own food? Last time I went they searched my bag and confiscated water bottles.

QOTD: I think the small change that makes the biggest difference for me is measuring everything. I still have yet to get a food scale. I figure I'll get one after I move. But I'm measuring volume on everything instead of just dumping out an amount of food that looks good.

Breakfast: coffee w/ 2 oz premier protein
Snack: eggface protein banana cake, toasted with 1 tsp butter
Lunch: Morningstar "steak" strips with 2 tbs marinara and 1/4 cup Italian cheese mix
Snack: Greek yogurt with protein powder and artic zero
Dinner: eggface cauliflower "mac" and cheese

Exercise: intervals! Getting better. No pain sitting, standing, or walking the day after class last time. Still feel like I'm gonna die during. And jumping jacks were clearly invented by a person without boobs.

Totals
Calories: 868
Carbs: 47
Protein: 91

SW 270; CW 171.2; GW 150

Queen JB
on 4/3/17 4:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I didn't know you were local :) Where do you live?

merryrose
on 4/3/17 6:17 am

Work in Lawrence, live in southern NH. I'm about to move to Manchester... which, while very affordable, is going to double my commute. Luckily I only have to go into the office 3 days a week.

SW 270; CW 171.2; GW 150

Queen JB
on 4/3/17 6:57 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Oh get out! I have two schools in Lawrence so I'm there once a week or so.

merryrose
on 4/3/17 7:34 am

Is one of those schools a charter school at heritage place?

SW 270; CW 171.2; GW 150

Queen JB
on 4/4/17 3:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Nope, I have the two UP Academies. One is next to Lawrence General, and the other is in the old HS building across from the library.

ttfan
on 4/3/17 2:26 am
RNY on 08/15/16

Good Morning! We were busy all weekend, between me working and we are having our kitchen and bathrooms redone. I am trying to take care of everything before they come and start work!

JB I am envious of you going to opening day!! Have a great time!

measuring and weighing out food is a big difference to me, my eyes are much bigger than the actual amount!

Breakfast
Bacon
Egg
Lunch
Romaine Lettuce
Kraft American Cheese Slice
Bacon
Hamburg
Dinner
Premier Protein Shake
Grapes

Totals cal 821 carbs 28 pro 72

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

FindingCharlie
on 4/3/17 3:53 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

Good morning JB and everyone!

I spent the weekend working on my penny backsplash project.

QOTD: Although, the small changes of really watching my carb intake and getting back to weighing my food is making a huge difference in getting past my slump, I think getting back to OH and especially all of you in this thread has made a huge difference in getting back to basics and getting back on track. You all rock!!

Menu:

Breakfast: egg, ham and cheese scramble

Lunch: tuna pouch, spring salad mix w/ light vinegrette

Dinner: 3 oz fajita chicken, 1 cup rice D veggies

Snack: tbd

Calories: 606 without snack

weight: 144.2

I have never been told I look like any celebrity, but I did get an updated pic taken since the 113 lb weight loss that I will post Friday.

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

Teena D.
on 4/3/17 4:03 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning menu crew!

It feels like spring is here. I checked the temps and nothing below freezing in the 14 day forecast lol. And the temps in Siuth Carolina are awesome. Can't wait for our trip. Less than 2 weeks now.

QOTD: Weighing and measuring help for sure, but I also think giving up starchy carbs has helped too. My son works at Domino's - My in-laws were over last night so we ordered pizza. I ordered a chicken pasta without the pasta (I had that instead of the egg custard). The guy taking the order was a little surprised and when Tyler went to pick it up they asked him if it was an April Fools joke. Anyway, it was good, and I had enough for lunch today too. And I'm pretty sure it would have been about 400 more calories with the pasta. We gat a 40% discount so for about $4 I got 2 protein forward meals.

Menu today:

B: Protein Shake

L: leftover chicken with alfredo

D: roasted chicken

S: Egg Custard

so usually for me my weight loss has been in spurts. I had a great week last week but I thought I'd be stuck at 237.9 for a few more days as I've been there since Friday. Today I was at 236.6! 59 lbs total loss.

Have a great day everyone.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active