What's on your Menu Today (Monday) RNYers?

LissaK
on 2/13/17 6:17 am
RNY on 12/21/16

Good morning!

QOTD: I have not noticed dryness yet, but I'm still very new, just about 8 weeks out from RNY.

Menu:

B-Premier chocolate protein shake

L-3 ounces ground beef, cooked cabbage, soy sauce

D-2.5 ounces chicken deli meat, 1 ounce colby jack cheese, 1 tbsp cream cheese

Cal 502, P 62, Carb 11

catwoman7
on 2/13/17 6:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

finally went back to Aqua Zumba last night after being away for c. 3 weeks because of my sprained ankle.  Not sure if I'm just not used to it after all that time away or if she worked us extra hard, but boy do I feel it this morning!!  My weight is also down to its lowest point ever after being up for a few days - YAY!!

QOTD:  yes - my skin is horrible.  I just use a ton of moisturizer.  Some of mine is from Kiehl's and some is from a friend of mine who makes it.  Sometimes I put facial oil on my face and then put the moisturizer over it.  That helps quite a bit...  But yes, it's a constant problem.  Especially in the winter!

20 months out:

B:  homemade plain Greek yogurt with NSA blueberry sauce

S:  coffee with half & half, NSA protein/fiber mango lassi

L:  chorizo chili

D:  carnitas and Chinese-style Brussels sprouts

another Greek yogurt (Light & Fit) later if I can afford the calories

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

FozzieBear
on 2/13/17 6:23 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning everyone!

We had a few questions answered this weekend... 1. $35 worth of homemade beef jerky lasted 3 days (ridiculous, he circled it like a starved carnivore stalking his prey) 2. although the process was long and messy he loved the candied bacon so it was worth it in the end. The underlying message is we need to back off on the dehydrator a little bit because that's a lot of money drying up and then quickly "evaporating" in addition to regularly scheduled meals. I was responsible for the disappearance of 2 oz of the beef jerky and it left me with a question, for those of you that make/eat homemade beef jerky how to you log it? I use 'Lose it!' and there were a few options in there, as well as a few online but just curious what others do.

When I was working out on the weekend I noticed that I'm leaving the ground during the jumps in Zumba. Actual daylight between my shoes and the floor. I was pleased to see me efforts paying off and my abilities improving but the main thing it highlighted was my need to update my exercise clothes. Additional support needed asap. 

QOTD We use a humidifier in the bedroom during the winter. I haven't specifically noticed a post op difference but it helps with the dry winter air. 

B- coffee w/SF hazelnut

L- leftover ribs (so yum, my new favourite)

D- pork tenderloin

S- turkey slices 1tbs tzatzizki, protein drink

Totals 595 cal, 82g protein, 2g carbs

Hope your week gets off to a great start!

Christine

RNY - Nov 21st 2016

HW 386 SW 309.8 CW 174.1

M1: 17 M2: 17.2 M3: 12.6 M4: 18.8 M5: 14.4 M6: 18.4 M7: 13.5 M8: 13.1 M9: 7.8

Christine

Amy Liz
on 2/13/17 7:34 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I log it using my favorite no sugar added local beef jerky nutritional info. Theirs is dryer than mine, but I think the difference is minimal.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

OneBlueSock
on 2/13/17 6:25 am
RNY on 06/21/17

Good morning all!

Daisy - love the picture!

My weekend didn't turn out the way I thought it would....Saturday was good, we took our son to see The Lego Batman movie and it was really cute....he loved it.  Then later that day we went out to dinner with my MIL, finished up with a quiet evening where I prepped stuff for our family bbq the next day.  Sunday morning I woke up at 5am and was SO SICK .   I'm not sure if it was food poisoning or what (I was the only one who ate shrimp)....but I had the pukes and a fever alllllll day.  I felt like a limp dishrag...and we had to cancel people coming over.   I pretty much stayed in bed with my bucket all day, dozing on and off.  It was 83 degrees here yesterday and I was huddled under 3 blankets with a mattress pad warmer going because I was SO cold....bleh!   I'm better this morning...fever is gone, but my muscles are sore from all the upchucking and I'm still pretty tired.  Thankfully my MIL took our son and I'm able to lay low today.   I swear I must have the worst luck....back to back stomach bugs in this house 2 weekends running....if it happens again next weekend then I quit 

QOTD:  My hands are always dry....I think because I have to wash them a lot with sculpting, and I don't lotion them up right after because I don't want to transfer that to the clay.  Coconut oil is supposed to work really well as a moisturizer but I don't like my hands feeling greasy/oily so I'm not a big fan of it.  

MENU:

TBD...right now my stomach says no food, but I'm sipping ginger ale and may attempt some applesauce in a bit, we'll see!

Have a great Monday everyone! 

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

Emiepie
on 2/13/17 6:44 am
RNY on 08/11/14

oh no! feel better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

karenp8
on 2/13/17 6:52 am - Brighton, IL

Take it easy today and you'll be feeling better soon.

cc583
on 2/13/17 11:43 am - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hope you feel better soon!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Emiepie
on 2/13/17 6:32 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Love the pic. Weekend was pretty un-eventful as hubby was recovering from being sick but I did get errands and stuff done. Way to go on snow shoveling! 

QOTD: YES! I get really dry skin and have gone to the dermatologist about it.  I have scripts for ointments for my hands and cream for my face.  I do find that if I get more good fats (nuts/avocados) I don't suffer from it as bad.  

Time since surgery: 2 years, 6 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore tuna mixed with hot mustard and put in lettuce wraps, and baby carrots

S: SF latte, Yoplait Greek 100 raspberry yogurt, jerky pack

D: Spaghetti squash, grilled chicken, Alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese, a small spinach salad with Skinny girl poppyseed dressing Fage greek 2% plain yogurt mixed with SF jello mix (thanks Megan for sharing the recipe) and a decaf SF latte with fairlife later in the evening

E: 45 mins stepper this morning and 40 mins of elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1054 Protein:129 Carbs:85 Fat:22

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teena D.
on 2/13/17 6:43 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning menu crew! 

We had a quiet weekend. On Saturday I did some cleaning and organizing. We had a shoe rack in our entrance way and with 5 people it never looked tidy. So even though my kids are complaining about the 10 extra steps to the top of the basement stairs, all the shoes have been moved there and boots are in the hall closet. Such an improvement and it really makes the entrance bigger. 

We went to church yesterday and our ride home which normally takes 10-15 minutes took an hour. We got stuck about 4 times.  Finally had to take a longer route that took us mostly downhill. Then DH and Ds had to push us up another hill- just enough to get some traction. DH has always said we don't need snow tires and I've always said we do. We will definitely be getting snow tires. Last night I made yogurt and now it's straining.

QOTD: I just seem more dry this winter - even before surgery. I bought a new Jergens lotion that is meant to be applied to wet skin. Since I keep it in the shower I'm way better about using it. I love Liz's suggestiony about making Lotion. I'm going to try that too. I do find that drinking more water really helps too. 

Menu

B: Protein shake with coffee

L and D I have no idea. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 372 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?