What's on your menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

pinyee
on 1/27/17 9:38 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Happy Flippin Friday Friends... the end of the day can't get here soon enough for me.  I am still buried at work I have some things that must be submitted or mailed by Tuesday but once those are done I can breathe a sigh of relief and move onto the next project... job security right? 

I do not have any pictures to post we have not been to a beach in 10 years or so and I always made sure I was behind the camera.

QOTD: I would love to say yup stay 100% on plan but if I did I would be lying and sorry  I don't lie to my friends just my rule.  I think my biggest struggle is silly thing like ice cream oh man sometimes I would trade my husband for Ben and Jerry... I do have sugar free freezer pops once in a while and popcorn.  One thing that has not bothered me since my surgery is sweets and I wish they would because then I would not be tempted to want the bite or 20 now and then.  I do miss Coke Zero but I am afraid of drinking it and the tummy ache so I think that keeps me in check most of the time the fear of pain I'm a big baby...

My food for today:

B Decaf tea cereal and milk

L hard boiled egg white and 2 slices bacon

s: no snack on conference call all afternoon 

D who knows did not think that far ahead

Have a great day Friends....

OneBlueSock
on 1/27/17 10:47 am
RNY on 06/21/17

Good afternoon guys!

I totally meant to do a morning post and then I ran out of time....so now it's an afternoon post.  I don't actually have any beach photos because we haven't vacationed at the beach....but I do have some family vacation photos to share that were taken in FL so I figure that's sunny enough to qualify!  This weekend we have some yardwork that needs to be done, nothing terribly exciting I'm afraid....just leaf blowing to try and get the yard cleaned up before the yard waste trucks go back to their normal schedule. I still have a load of laundry to fold today, and some paperwork to get done, and my son has a make-up school day from when we had the snow storm here.
My teeth aren't as tender today, but it's still hard to chew normally so I'm still doing mostly soft foods.

QOTD: It really varies, some days I stick to my menu....some days I'll swap out a meal for something else.  Posting one each day makes me consider my choices for the day and that is key for me.  I also log my food in a journal each day....I started on January 1 and I've made sure to write everything down...the good, the bad, and the ugly (and if it was ugly why it was ugly....like the day we got the news about my sister and the comfort cookies ).  Most of the time I try and track in Baritastic as well, but I'm more conssitent about the paper journal than I am about the app, at least at this point.  I plan to keep doing what I'm doing...I got on the scale this morning and celebrated that I am now down 20lbs from my highest weight, yay!

B: EAS Protein Shake, Coffee

S: Land o Lakes cheese singles

L: Cream of Wheat, Fairlife Milk

S: Jello, Deli Meat with cream cheese rolls

D: TBD...something mushy, maybe I'll make the split pea soup I've been wanting to make!

PHOTO FRIDAY:

I know this isn't a beach picture but it's relevant to my day....laundry, bleh!

Waiting in line at Disney - It's hard to get a picture where all of us are looking at the camera!

Showing off our fancy ears - this was the day after Halloween 

Have a great day guys!

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

catwoman7
on 1/27/17 10:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

super late in posting today!!  I didn't have time before I got to work - and then I've been at the reference des****il just a little while ago, so I couldn't get on to do my menu

QOTD:  I occasionally stray.  Sometimes it's just because I need to replace a meal (because of some last minute thing) - and usually that would be dinner, because at the time I post, I've already eaten breakfast, already made my protein shake/latte, and already  have my lunch packed.  But whatever I end up eating usually has similar macros to what I posted.  With snacking, I so far have not gone off the rails.  Sometimes I'll get hungry late afternoon or evening and have something I didn't plan on, but that's usually a Greek yogurt or a couple of SF fudgesicles.  Or sometimes I'll make a SF chai tea latte (so a few calories for the cashew milk - and sometimes I'll plop in a couple tablespoons of SF Cool Whip in there for creaminess).  The other night I had dinner at a meeting I was at (1/2 Thai chicken salad from Panera, which I posted), but someone brought a plate of macaroons and I did have one of them - but that's kind of the extent of my straying.  For now.  Thank God.  I know I have to really keep on top of this because I know I could go off the rails really easily if I let myself...

19 months out

b:  plain homemade Greek yogurt with 2 T NSA blackberry/blueberry sauce

S:  coffee with half & half, double SF protein/Metamucil mocha latte

L:  1 C African chickpea/spinach soup, satsuma orange

D:  leftover pork stir-fry (pork & veggies only)

maybe another Greek yogurt later on this evening if I can afford the calories

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Kathy S.
on 1/27/17 11:09 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

LOOKING GOOD EVERYONE!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

CathyV
on 1/27/17 12:21 pm, edited 1/27/17 4:24 am

So much with the straying lately. Sometimes it's bad straying, like today I was dishing out cookies to my kids and I ate one. Sometimes it's just life happening, like my dh deciding to bring home Chinese last night. It was unplanned but I did good, had some hot and sour soup and then a little later some beef and chicken and a little broccoli from the dishes I ordered for the kids. But mostly when I stray it's the bad kind. Just sayin. 

Here's my beach pic. I wanted to dig up an old ocean beach pic, but I didn't have time...I found this one from the lake on Facebook. We live right down the street from the lake and go during the summer a lot . Since we are a pasty bunch, we go in the evening and stay until dark. So this is moonrise. Those aren't my people in the picture though...lol.

Breakfast- leftover chicken and beef from chinese

lunch- deli meat and cheese cubes, some sliced cucumber, and that damned cookie

with my Tea- half a protein bar?

Dinner- black beans with cheese and salsa

Snack- Greek yogurt

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

cc583
on 1/27/17 1:53 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hi everyone,

Still eating lightly due to stomach bug earlier in the week. I feel better but don't want to push my luck yet.

QOTD: I stay very close to my posted menu 95% of the time. the only time I stray is if I'm not feeling well(like this week) or if I unexpectedly go out to eat and it wasn't planned.

B: 2 eggs. 1 slice of bacon, 1/2 slice of cheese

L: 3oz roast beef

D: ?

I hope everyone has a good night! 

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Mandi87
on 1/27/17 2:16 pm
RNY on 12/08/16

I'm still new to OH and about 7 weeks post op and probably not on as often as I should be (if I'm being honest.. and I am) but a bunch of people keep suggesting that I join the menu thread. Feeling a little clueless so if somebody can help me out I'd be so grateful. Is this where I post? I don't even know what I'm doing or what the abbreviations are and what I'm supposed to share etc... Help me, help me haha!

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!!!

cc583
on 1/27/17 2:39 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hi Mandi,

This is the right place to post. Everyday when you log on to OH go the RNY forum and you will see a thread "What's on your menu today'' with whatever day of the week it is. There is a separate thread everyday, Monday, Tuesday etc....

You will learn soooo much. It's really helpful because there are people that are every step of the way from newbies all the way up to vets. You will find what people that are 7 weeks out are eating everyday. You get great ideas and recipes! You will get the best advice here and people are very honest and tell you if you messing up and if you are doing well.

Most people have their date of surgery posted and their progress with weight charts.

I'm sure DaisyDoo and JB will be giving you good pointers to help navigate as well.

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Mandi87
on 1/27/17 2:42 pm
RNY on 12/08/16

Thank you! I will start posting from here on out :)

How do I post my surgery date/progress? 

cc583
on 1/27/17 3:10 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

If I try to do that I guarantee that you will screw it up! LOL! You will be much better off with one of the moderators giving you correct steps. Every time I try to make a change I mess it up big time! LOL!  

Sorry!

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views