What's on your menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Kakesie
on 1/27/17 6:35 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Daisy and Menu Family!

Love all the beach pictures!  I love the one of you jumping on the beach, Daisy!

No big plans for the weekend.  I am going to be taking my little Chihuahua, Tippy, to the vet today.  She has cloudy spots in her eyes and I fear she is getting cataracts.  I don't think there is much they can do for that, but I want them to check out her eyes anyway.

My town, Kearney, Nebraska, is exactly 1,733 miles from either coast, so going to the beach is not something I get to do very often!  There used to be a ranch here called 1733 ranch.  Below is a 1920's picture of the sign illustrating the distance from Kearney to San Francisco and from Kearney to Boston.

My daughter and I did, however, travel to Virginia in 2004 to visit my dad and my brother and his family and we went to a beach in Maryland!  The only picture I could find is a picture of my dad sitting on the beach.  You can see that I inherited my MO from my dad.  This picture means a lot to me because my dad was such a good sport about sitting there on the beach while we all played in the waves and also he died 2 months after our visit so it was one of the last pictures I have of him.  Love you, Dad!

QOTD:  Straying:  I sometimes substitute a different meal than what I said I was going to eat, but it's still something I would have listed as a meal on another day.  My biggest crime, however, is eating a protein bar at the end of the day, lately if my calories are low enough to work it in.  I know I shouldn't, but they just taste so darned good!

B:  Grits with melted cheese

L:  Lettuce, h.b.eggs, bacon, cheese, low cal dressing

D:  chili cheese dog

S:  Light n Fit Greek yogurt

S:  Roast beef roll-up with cream cheese

Exercise:  Walking the dog or exercise bike.

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen  

Emiepie
on 1/27/17 6:41 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Love the pic of your dad, looks like he is very happy and content.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

NYMom222
on 1/27/17 8:19 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Love the pic of your Dad. Very special.

I love grits. I haven't had them in awhile, I have had them since WLS, usually did just 2 TBSP with an egg... I am going to keep beating the protein drum... while cheese has some protein, get an egg in there! LOL...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

lizz122964
on 1/27/17 2:03 pm

Great picture of your Dad Karen, and I think that's a cool picture of the Ranch. 

ttfan
on 1/28/17 3:14 am
RNY on 08/15/16
On January 27, 2017 at 2:35 PM Pacific Time, Kakesie wrote:

Good Morning Daisy and Menu Family!

Love all the beach pictures!  I love the one of you jumping on the beach, Daisy!

No big plans for the weekend.  I am going to be taking my little Chihuahua, Tippy, to the vet today.  She has cloudy spots in her eyes and I fear she is getting cataracts.  I don't think there is much they can do for that, but I want them to check out her eyes anyway.

My town, Kearney, Nebraska, is exactly 1,733 miles from either coast, so going to the beach is not something I get to do very often!  There used to be a ranch here called 1733 ranch.  Below is a 1920's picture of the sign illustrating the distance from Kearney to San Francisco and from Kearney to Boston.

My daughter and I did, however, travel to Virginia in 2004 to visit my dad and my brother and his family and we went to a beach in Maryland!  The only picture I could find is a picture of my dad sitting on the beach.  You can see that I inherited my MO from my dad.  This picture means a lot to me because my dad was such a good sport about sitting there on the beach while we all played in the waves and also he died 2 months after our visit so it was one of the last pictures I have of him.  Love you, Dad!

QOTD:  Straying:  I sometimes substitute a different meal than what I said I was going to eat, but it's still something I would have listed as a meal on another day.  My biggest crime, however, is eating a protein bar at the end of the day, lately if my calories are low enough to work it in.  I know I shouldn't, but they just taste so darned good!

B:  Grits with melted cheese

L:  Lettuce, h.b.eggs, bacon, cheese, low cal dressing

D:  chili cheese dog

S:  Light n Fit Greek yogurt

S:  Roast beef roll-up with cream cheese

Exercise:  Walking the dog or exercise bike.

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen  

LOL  that's funny about the protein bars, my husband and I were gone all day yesterday, with Dr. appointments and errands, so we were at the pharmacy picking up a couple of prescriptions and hadn't eaten at all all morning, I told my husband I felt faint, we just so happened to be by the protein bars so he grabbed one and tore it open and told me to eat it.  Well one bite was it, I have tried just about every protein bar made and I can't stand the fake taste in them.  I am glad about that because if you liked them I can see why they could become a problem, because they are like a candy bar.  I am just glad I have never gotten more than a bite in on any of them...lol

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/28/17 3:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What a nice memory of your Dad!

I often eat protein bars as a dessert for my last snack if calories allow and I need more protein.  I don't feel guilty about it because I never have more than one a day.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Kakesie
on 1/28/17 4:07 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thanks, Liz!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/27/17 7:01 am, edited 1/27/17 10:21 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Yay - it's Friday Friends! - Although I work through weekends, too... HAHAHA.

QOTD: I really love your question. I find that I "stray" most when I do not plan. In fact, one of the things that I like about posting here rather than just on MyFitnessPal, is that there's a strange accountability that comes with it. I don't really no why - it's not as though I think that anyone gives a rat's ass what I eat or don't eat in a day - but I feel a compulsion to be honest and accurate - which means I edit here as I eat through the day. I edit the amounts/weights as well as what I eat, in cases where something changes. I have found that on days that I do not plan what I will eat, my eating is far less in control. For me, that is half the battle. Planning takes a lot of stress off of me in the long run.

Plan for today (edited as always for accuracy as the day goes!)

Time since surgery: 3 years, 1 month.

Breakfast: 8 oz. unsweetened cashew milk, 1 scoop Isopure, 1 squirt Mio Mocha Java, 16 oz. coffee with liquid stevia, 1 T. whole milk, grape water (178/8/27)

Morning Snack: 16 oz. coffee, 4 drops stevia, 1 T. Whole milk(18/1/1)

Lunch: 2.2 oz. ground chuck (80/20), .25 oz shredded mozzarella, 1 tsp taco seasoning, 16 oz. of coffee, & 4 drops of stevia, 1 T. whole milk, grape water (218/3/14)

Afternoon Snack: .33 oz. raw pecans, 16 oz. coffee w/liquid stevia, 1 T. whole milk (68/2/2)

Dinner: 3.2 oz tiger shrimp, 1 T. low carb ****tail sauce, 16 oz. coffee w/liquid stevia, 1 T. whole milk, grape water (121/3/19)

Evening Snack: 3.1 oz tiger shrimp, 1 T low carb ****tail sauce, 16 oz. coffee, 4 drops liquid stevia, 1 T. whole milk, grape water (177/7/20)

Totals: 780-calories/24-carbs/80-protein

We spend most of the summers on the coast of Oregon (my mom lives there) -- this is the closest I have to a "beach" pic -- I think it was taken in Bandon by the Sea. Me and my soul mate and husband.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Queen JB
on 1/27/17 9:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Wow I didn't realize that you edit here as well as on MFP. I probably don't have the time, but that's a good habit to get into.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

lizz122964
on 1/27/17 2:07 pm

Awesome picture Kat. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 446 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views