What's on your Menu today (Monday) RNYers?

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/17 6:43 am, edited 1/22/17 10:46 pm
RNY on 10/26/16

Good morning.  I discovered the side effect of fake sugar Saturday night.  Wow.  DW and I went out to dinner and she wanted frozen yogurt afterwards.  A chain called Menchie's (seems like they are pretty big around the country - though not sure if in Canada) has a no carb/no sugar variety.  I got a cup of mixed German Chocolate/Mint chip - odd combo, but good.  Unfortunately I forgot I'd had a couple pieces of hard candy as we were driving around doing errands after dinner (do love that Brach's SF cinnamon hard candy).  Didn't do the math on the combination of all that and whammo.  So definitely something for me to keep an eye out.  But no big deal and it was such a beautiful day here Saturday.

QOTD - I love the night life, I love to boogie (sorry got carried away, not so much on the boogie).  I could stay up until 3am, no problem.  I do my best thinking late.  But I definitely pay for it each Monday after a holiday, vacation or weekend.

B - Chinese omelette leftovers (made with no oil or MSG)

L - Beef and bean sprouts chop suey leftovers from the same Chinese restaurant (made with ez oil and less sauce)

D - Spiralized zucchini stir-fried in Pam (adding shaved garlic and shalots) with Vegan Asian chicken chunks - yes a Chinese themed meal day.  My wife hates vegan stuff, but loves these as they taste just like chicken.  So I go with the flow, though they do have less protein per serving vs. regular chicken.

S - Premier banana cream shake (yes, thank you Costco for running a sale - picked up another 2 cases before the time runs out)

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/23/17 7:34 am
RNY on 12/31/13

We do have a Menchie's here -- my sister-in-law worked there for quite a while.

They do not have a NO carb/NO sugar variety -- they have a "low" carb/ "no added sugar" variety.

1/2 cup of their mint chocolate chip is only a  "no added sugar" flavor has 90 calories and 20 grams of carbs -- 7 of which are "sugars" (but I would contend that they are all sugars).

The German Choc. Cake is a "low carb/no added sugar" flavor -- 1/2 cup has 45 calories, 11 grams of carbs -- 2 from sugar.  

I wonder if it wasn't just too much sugar for you all at once?  I hate how companies promote no added sugar because to me, it's sort of double speak.  It gives me the impression that there's no sugar -- when in fact, there's plenty -- they just aren't adding more!!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

pammieanne
on 1/23/17 8:50 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Great post! 

Because companies do this crap to us all the time!!!

Gotta do our homework and read the actually nutritional information (which I am not always perfect at myself!) They bend the truth and market it as something that it really isn't.

*******s.

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/23/17 9:00 am
RNY on 12/31/13

It's definitely a pet-peeve of mine 

seattledeb
on 1/23/17 11:36 pm

The only one of those that ever worked was the plain no sugar frozen yogurt. Even then just a small amount. I can't eat ice cream at all.

Daisydoo02
on 1/23/17 1:01 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

we have Menchie's here too in Canada. Ice cream is not my thing so I could pass that up easy.  Sorry to hear it made you so ill.  Now I can't be around cake or cupcake stores, that is my weakness.  CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE, did someone say CAKE?   

I love the night life too Alan, and I for sure like to Boogie ha ha ha 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/23/17 6:54 am, edited 1/23/17 9:45 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Good morning!

QOTD:  I am a day and night person - because I am a raging work-a-holic and perfectionist.  I can always find something that needs to be done. LOL. I get up early every day and I am up relatively late every night. I never need an alarm - with the rare exception if I have crossed more than one time zone in 24 hours - as I seem to have an internal one that wakes me 10 to 15 minutes before I need to wake up. I always set an alarm, but I never actually need it.

Plan for today (edited as always for accuracy as the day goes!)

Breakfast:  16 oz. coffee with liquid stevia, grape water (28/1/1)

Morning Snack: 16 oz. coffee, 4 drops stevia, grape water (18/1/1)

Lunch:  4.2 oz. shrimp, low-carb ****tail sauce, 16 oz. of coffee, & 4 drops of stevia, grape water (141/3/26)

Afternoon Snack: 4 homemade mini spinach quiches, 16 oz. coffee w/liquid stevia, grape water (145/3/11)

Dinner: 3.6 oz. ground sirloin (90/10), 1 T. low sugar ketchup, mustard, 16 oz. coffee w/liquid stevia, grape water (205/2/21)

Evening Snack: 16 oz. coffee, 4 drops liquid stevia, and water with grape (28/1/1)

Totals: 585-calories/11-carbs/61 protein

Pokemom
on 1/23/17 7:41 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Raging!

I am curious--what is grape water?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/23/17 7:55 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Well, it's either Propel Zero Grape packets added to my water -- that I have convinced myself are "healthy" because they add vitamins and it supposedly has 0 calories per packet (I use half per 16 oz of water) --- or it is Crush Grape drops -- that I actually like even more -- and can't even pretend are "healthy".  I count them both as 10 calories -- every time I use them.   Weird fact -- hated grape flavor before surgery.  LOL.

Daisydoo02
on 1/23/17 1:12 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Crap I forgot to look for the Grape Crush drops this weekend!  I love Grape anything!

Pepperoni don't sit well with me, too bad I see a lot of people eat them as a snack.

Any way you can bottle up some of your energy and ship it to me in Canada?  I marvel at women like you who "do it all" 

Have a great evening!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 371 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 319 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views