What's on your Menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

stacyrg
on 1/6/17 10:39 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Beautiful pictures and wonderful memories for you.

Emiepie
on 1/6/17 11:03 am
RNY on 08/11/14

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

RNY_elizabeth
on 1/6/17 12:48 pm - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I can see where you got your good looks!  Very handsome in his uniform.  Hugs and comfort to you.

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

catwoman7
on 1/6/17 9:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

YIKES!!  82 posts here already!  I'll do mine and then read through the others over the course of the day (working half-day today and wanna get outta here!!)

first of all, I am now officially a participant in the Well-Being study at my university!!  YAY!!  I was hoping I'd get picked!!   I do not know yet which group I will be assigned to - the exercise & nutrition group, the meditation & yoga group, or the control group.  I go in in three weeks for all my baseline studies, so I guess I'll find out shortly after that (I'm hoping the meditation & yoga group, but the assignments are random - but any are OK).  The baseline will consist of blood draw, MRI, sleep study - not sure what else.  They do a baseline, send you through several months of a program (unless, of course, you're in the control group), and then they run the tests again to see what effect the program has on your "Well-Being" (brain waves, cortisol level, etc).  I think this will be really interesting.  Plus I could stand to be forced to do either meditation & yoga (for my stress level) OR the exercise one!!

QOTD:  I can't really think of anything other than the US needs to have universal health care (this probably jumped into my mind because of all the ACA talk on the news this morning)

19 months out:

B:  F&L coconut Greek yogurt topped with fresh raspberries and 1 T Kashi Crunch granola

S:  coffee with half & half, SF protein chai tea latte

L:  I'm thinking two hard-boiled eggs plus coleslaw made with sesame-miso vinaigrette

D:  staff party at my husband's job (he works part-time at a public library while he looks for a full-time job).  They're having pizza.  I should probably have some yogurt before I go and then just scrape the toppings off a piece (I'm afraid I might blow it if I go there hungry....)

maybe another Greek yogurt later on this evening if I can afford the calories

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

CJ On Orcas
on 1/6/17 9:10 am, edited 1/6/17 1:10 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Good morning DD2 and gang!  Love the pictures!

QOTD:  Second the two foot space law.  And people who lean in too close when they are talking to you.

B:  Premier Protein caramel with coffee

L:  Yoplait Protein Blueberry yogurt

D:  Ham and eggs, red peppers

S:  Babybel cheese, hard boiled egg

Totals:   593 calories 72 protein 31 carbs 20 fat

Picture is my front yard.  Beautiful but brrrrr.

Have a great day!

rachelp
on 1/6/17 9:40 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I want to live there! So beautiful!!!

stacyrg
on 1/6/17 9:40 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Happy Friday.  Hope you feel better soon, Daisy!  I'm still working on resolving my dumping issues as well as the return of my acid.  With the dumping, my surgeon asked me to keep a log of my food and to take my heart rate before I eat, 20 minutes after I eat and then 30 minutes post food.  This weekend I have to take my blood sugar 20 minutes before a meal then every 20 minutes after the meal for 2 hours.  Lucky me gets to do that twice, once with a protein only meal and once with a meal that's higher in carbs.  The practice recently recruited a Dr. who specializes in Dumping Syndrome so I get to meet with her to try and find a solution.  As far as the acid, he thinks I may have a small stricture or an issue with my swallowing that is causing micro particles of food to get stuck in my esophagus which is causing a fungal infection.  He said the burn of the fungus mimics the feeling of acid.  So, I'm on an anti-fungal for 2 weeks then I get to have an endoscopy to see if there's an anatomical cause.  Fun times.

DQOTD - Hmmmm, I like the personal space law as well as the escalator law.  My law would be the following.  When I grocery shop, if I bring in 8 reusable bags (as california requires), you are required to distribute my groceries across all 8 bags.  You would violate the law if I give you 8 bags and you give me back 6 empty bags and 2 jam packed with groceries. 

My plan:

B: Chicken and Broccoli

L: left over beef kabob (3.8 oz) and hummus for dipping

D:  The great unknown.  I have nothing in the house.

S: skinny latte, sliced turkey, somersaults (just being real here)

Totals:  Not going to total since I have no idea about dinner, but I'm assuming close to 1000 with close to 100g of protein

rachelp
on 1/6/17 9:52 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Wow, I hope you get your issues resolved. I know you had the revision to RNY because of acid so I really hope it's a fungal thing and an easy fix. Hang in there!

stacyrg
on 1/6/17 10:40 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Thank you!

Emiepie
on 1/6/17 11:06 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hoping all the testing finds an answer and of course a solution in the end.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 433 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 164 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?