What's on your Menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/17 7:10 am
RNY on 10/26/16

Good morning.  We need a law to stop the insane drivers who think they own all the lanes and can drive at whatever speed and when you aren't driving like them - that it is okay to swear and honk and scream.  It's -1 here today.  My car engine was cold, so pickup takes a few minutes.  I was only 1 block from my house - For the love of god man go around me and just go.  Why do you have to slow down - finger me - swear and then cut me off.  What the heck is the point.  Oh and for the record, I was driving 4 miles over the speed limit when this happened.  Louie Anderson the comedian had a funny bit on this when he said he'd like to have a stun gun and shoot these idiots.  Then if you woke up at the side of the road - "oh, what happened - I guess I was being an idiot to someone."

B - Special K Ham, Cheese & Quinoa Quiche.  I thought I'd try it - was good.  Added a TBS of salsa.  Banana low carb muffin.

L - 2 ounces of Salmon with laughing cow cheese on a low carb tortilla - also a little salsa

D - 2.5 ounces of Boar's head lite ham with some light cheese, pickles and olives and a few pork rinds

S - .5 ounces of low sodium almonds; 2 protein bar cookies; Syntrax ice tea protein shake

Cal 864 - 92g protein

Queen JB
on 1/6/17 9:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Have you been driving in Boston? Because you are definitely describing Grim's driving style. The middle fingers you've seen are probably his... ;)

Great progress pics! 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Daisydoo02
on 1/6/17 9:34 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Alan what a transformation!  You are doing so well, keep up the great work!

It true with people on the roads, everyone is in such a hurry these days they just can't wait one extra minute or second for people.  And its sad that going the speed limit or even just a bit over is not fast enough for people.  Now I am totally guilty of speeding, and I may have flipped the bird to someone in the past but I am working on my driving 'anger' issues LOL 

May I make a suggestion on your menu? By all means take it or leave it...

At 2.5 months out you need just protine, not carbs even if they are "low carb".  I personally would ditch:

• Special K Ham & Cheese quiche - is this made with Special K cereal? If yes, ditch it. Check out the "World according to Egg Face - her "egg bites" are amazing, like mini quiches and its much better for you than cereal
  • low carb banana muffin - wait until you get to goal and then you can bring this back to your menu
  • low carb tortilla - wait until you get to goal and then you can bring this back to your menu
  • protein bar cookies - limit these to maybe a weekend treat, not every day.  Protein bars even if made into a "cookie" are really for (IN MY OPINION) for people who have got to goal and are maintaining their weight loss. You may or may not have seen some Vets on here say Protein Bars are just glorified candy bars, too tempting to eat them and they are quite high in calories.

Like I said Alan you can ignore my suggestions or try it. The rest of your menu is spot on, so I would increase your portion of salmon & cream cheese and increase your boars head ham & cheese and add in another Syntrax protein shake it you want. 

I think you are doing great but just a few tweaks!  Have a great weekend!

Grim_Traveller
on 1/6/17 2:04 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

What on earth are you talking about? Are you denying Commuter Daisy?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

cc583
on 1/6/17 3:11 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Looks like I need to cut back on the carbs too! Thanks for the info DD, really appreciate all of your help! You Rock!! :)

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Emiepie
on 1/6/17 10:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You're doing great! Great progress pics.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lizz122964
on 1/6/17 7:16 am

RNY_elizabeth
on 1/6/17 7:23 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Happy Friday gang.  We got through the week and have not yet frozen solid.  Even here in Texas it is stupid cold.  Like...actually 27 this morning with a 'windchill' of 18.  Windchill?  We don't usually use that sort of word in these parts. Canada needs to keep the cold up there and not send it down as a lovely greeting card to the South. Thought I would just die. Uhg. 

OK...for real...struggling to manage this crazy night eating thing. I did great all day and last night I just didn't feel in control at all.  I ate 2 big pieces of cornbread and 2 servings of spaghetti. Thankfully that was all I did...I did find myself laying in my bed at 11:30 and thinking about getting up and getting something more to eat.  I decided it was too cold and I really didn't want to eat.  The saving grace was I made a big glass of ice water and put it next to me on my nightstand. I remembered posting here about more water and kept sipping the water until I got tired enough to settle in without getting up to eat.  Small victory. I'll take it.

QOTD: I would make a law to protect transgender people from discrimination. Here in Texas it was rough this morning as I drove my transgender son to school this morning and the radio was reporting about how our governor is trying to pass one of those awful "bathroom" bills.  Bathroom bullying, denial of medical care, personal and employment based discrimination, lack of access to sports and art programs in public schools, and a litany of other daily harassment really wear transgender folks down. He is a great kid.  I just wi**** was easier for him to just go through his day like every other kid.

PHOTO FRIDAY:

Here is a picture of me and my Guy from Christmas. Neither of us liked this picture when we saw it.  I think I look too thin.  My Guy said he thinks he looks too big.  No one happy at first but now I like it. We are just being us and I like that. It was a good day and I am glad to have the memory in a photo.

Menu: B: Homemade Greek yogurt with granola and grapes; L: Left over chili with shredded cheese; D: Shrimp with pico de gallo and avocados; S: Strawberries

Accountability: See above though the scale stayed firm at 122.6 this morning.  I know I am in a bad pattern.  Working on getting out of it. Smoking quit is still going to Hades in a hand basket but I am not giving up. Will keep making myself think about it and work toward it.

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

pammieanne
on 1/6/17 8:14 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I forgot to do the QOTD.... and now I know why.

Just see above for my answer as well!!! ^^^^

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Queen JB
on 1/6/17 9:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

So sorry that your state is considering a bathroom bill. How scary. Tell your son to graduate and get himself to MA for college. Our laws are very welcoming! 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 371 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?