What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

peachpie
on 12/17/16 6:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning JB! I love the weekend menu thread-- work is so hectic it's hard to find d time to read and post. My son wants to see the Star Wars movie- hubby will take him. I have no interest. I'm at bowling with the younger. No run today thanks to snowy/icy/ rainy weather. I did my at home trainer workout and SWORKIT though. 

I've only got to shop for hubby, I think I'm going to give each of my sons $50 cash too, to round out things- they didn't ask for much. And coworker gifts. I bought cards- in the least they'll get those. Anything more depends on how determined I feel. 

Intersting new facts: hmmm I drink diet Snapple and they always have random facts in the cap. The last one said something like honeybees use sunlight for navigation. 

193.4 today, 19 months out

m1: protein shake

m2: ??

m3: grilled bbq chicken bites 4oz

m4: steak?? 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Kakesie
on 12/17/16 6:54 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning JB and Menu Friends!

Love the picture of you with the Storm Trooper, Julia!

It's below zero here today with the low being -9 degrees and the high only 4 degrees.  There is a Severe Weather Advisory for Wind Chill.  It's gray, windy, snowy and icy out!  I'm not going outside unless I absolutely have to!

QOTD:  I couldn't think of any new facts I learned recently so I googled facts and found an article titled, "30 Happy Animal Facts that will make you smile".  Here are just a few of them: 

Sea Otters hold hands when they sleep to keep from drifting apart.

Squirrels plant thousands of new trees each year simply by forgetting where they put their acorns.

Turtles can breathe through their butts.

Cows have best friends.

Rats laugh when tickled.

Pigs' ******s last for 30 minutes.  (Lucky pigs)

Dolphins have names for each other.

My menu for today:

B: crepe w/ peaches, cream cheese

L:  chili dog

D:  Lettuce, chicken, dried cranberries & nuts, low cal dressing

S:  Light n Fit Greek yogurt

S:  Moon cheese

Exercise:  recumbent bike - not going outside in THIS weather!

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen   

catwoman7
on 12/17/16 7:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

your cold weather is on it's way to Wisconsin - we're supposed to get it (again....) tomorrow morning.  Ugh!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

G2GAWAY
on 12/17/16 9:59 am
RNY on 05/16/15

I love all of your facts!

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/16 7:17 am, edited 12/16/16 11:18 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

So cute, your pic!  Great job on resisting the popcorn and candy.  I have been avoiding movies for that reason but hopefully I too will find the strength.  Have a wonderful day.

B:  fresh spinach, scrambled eggs, low fat mozzarella, shredded

L:  Chike

D:  Wild caught salmon patty, olive oil mayo/siracha, roasted brussel sprouts

catwoman7
on 12/17/16 7:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

good for you!  I'm still afraid to go to movie theatres because of the popcorn!  (I can easily pass candy up - but popcorn is a completely different story!!).  One of these days I'll try it, though....

catwoman7
on 12/17/16 7:33 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm at work.  I officially don't start until 10:30 am, but I didn't want to drive in the snow - so my husband dropped me off at 8:00 on his way to work (he also works in a library - occasional weekend shifts are a way of life - bah humbug!)

my new friend who's a doctor (her husband's a doctor as well) invited us to a party at her house tonight.  For some reason, I'm really nervous about this.  I took extra care to look presentable this morning, including getting all the cat hair off my sweater, but I'm still a bit nervous about this.  Lots of other doctors will probably be there.  I feel like some kind of plebe or something.  This is ridiculous!  If she was afraid of her "commoner" friends, she wouldn't have invited us!!  I  need to get over this..

QOTD:  since I work in a library, I learn new things every day.  One of the benefits of helping people with research - some days I feel like a walking trivia encyclopedia!  I think I'll really miss that part of it once I retire!

18 months out:

B:  L&F coconut vanilla yogurt with fresh raspberries and 1 T Kashi Crunch granola

S:  coffee with half & half, double SF protein Metamucil peppermint mocha

L:  1 C chili with some added protein powder (I want to keep pretty satiated all day so I don't blow it at this party!)

D:  I'll be on the hunt for bariatric-friendly foods at this party.  If I can't find any, I have a protein bar on me....

G2GAWAY
on 12/17/16 10:01 am
RNY on 05/16/15

I bet they will have shrimp. Just be yourself and enjoy the party.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

vcroome
on 12/17/16 8:00 am - Japan

Good evening! It's already night time here in Japan. Today I woke up at around noon, so I missed breakfast completely.

Lunch: I ate a version of "Oyakodon" (cooked chicken, sauteed onions, and partially scrambled partially raw egg, all cooked in a sweetened sauce made of fish stock and soy-sauce, served over a huge bowl of white rice). I ate mine without the rice, and I also didn't put any chicken in because I didn't have any, wish I did. I used Lakanto, which is pretty much the only artificial sweetener available here, and cooked the egg completely and topped it off with ichimi (a spice similar to cayenne pepper) and shredded nori seaweed strips. It's hard to explain, but it was absolutely delicious!

Dinner: My husband wanted to go out to eat at an "American meat" restaurant that serves all kinds of steaks and grilled meat, which was fine with me! I got a combo with 100g of grilled chicken and a 180g hamburger patty (Salisbury steak style) and ate half of each, along with some green beans. Bonus, I got to feed the other half of my meat and all of my potatoes to my hubby, who is super underweight. I always worry about him losing weight because of me trying to choose lower calorie and carb free foods, since I usually cook all our meals. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/16 8:05 am

Looking so cute. I am proud you didn't eat popcorn or candy. 

I have nothing of interest that I learned lately to share. I am tired it is rainy and crappy out. We have a Christmas party at the firehouse where my husband just joined. I am not looking forward to it. 

I think I am a snob. Sometimes all the weirdos come out of the woodwork at any of the parties. Not nice. I know. 

I have know idea what I am going to wear. I usually have things planned. I did plan on wearing funky shoes. But they hurt my feet. So they are a no go.

B:Eggs and ham

L:Protein bar

D:Pulled pork. I am making it to take to the firehouse so I know there will be something other than cookies and candy.

Have a good day. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 162 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views