What's on your menu today (Tuesday) RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 12/14/16 4:23 am

Congratulations!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Queen JB
on 12/13/16 5:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning! I love your stories--so cute. I REALLY wanted that Barbie Dream House. I am still kind of jealous!

My first memory of a gift is one that lingers on in family folklore... We were pretty poor when I was little, and my mom really dreamed of buying me toys and dolls, but she couldn't unless it was Christmas or a birthday. When I was 3ish years old, a month or so before Christmas, she bought me a doll, and hid it up in the hall closet. She was so sad that she couldn't give it to me right away, that she brought me over to the closet to "meet her". I was allowed to wave to the doll and say "Bye-Bye til Christmas". ((Apparently, I was not prone to tantrums, because I have no idea how I was patient enough to wait and not play with her.)) Anyway, now as adults, my mom and I have tradition where we buy one present for each other that we pick out together, then wrap up and give to each other on Christmas morning. It's always labeled BBTC on the tag (for "Bye-Bye til Christmas"). 

I am not feeling too well this morning. Headache, sore throat and exceptionally tired. I decided to go in late, so I am actually sitting on the couch at home writing this! No more dallying--gotta go for real, soon... 

I don't have anything to bring for lunch except for nuts and cheese and a meat stick, so I should probably stop somewhere and get something "real". Can't post a true menu until I do, but I will stop back in later with the real plan.

My weight is crazy high this morning. Not sure why--I haven't been an angel but I haven't been awful either. I need to see a number I like this week, or I am going to lose it! I don't think it's jus****er, either...my "big" pants seem to fit just right this morning. Uh oh.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Patty R.
on 12/13/16 7:39 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

That is such a sweet tradition!!    

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/16 8:12 am

Awe when I read this about your mom. I had a bit of a teary moment.

Queen JB
on 12/13/16 10:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Isn't she the sweetest? 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/16 1:27 pm

Yes she is. That must have been hard on both of you at the time. I am sure she made you the strong woman that you are. 

Daisydoo02
on 12/13/16 1:12 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Yes the Barbie Dream house was pretty epic, sorry you didn't get one!

Your story is the best!! What a sweet thing to do and the fact that you & your Mom keep it alive is wonderful!

I hope you are feeling better and not coming down with something.  Crap is going around the hospital again, some of GI issues and some have sinus/cold issues. The world is a germy place!!!

I will be your WLS helper, like "Elf on the Shelf" but the WLS version... will check in with you and make sure you are eating right and not skipping meals!! 

Hey I hear you on the "fat pants fitting" on the weekend I put on my ski pants from last year to take the dogs out for a hike and I literally put them on, took them off and looked at the size, not sure what the hell I was thinking since Hubby's are two sizes bigger but I looked at the size to make sure they were mine cuz they were tight!!! Was not happy!!!!

If you have to go AMAW for a few days!  White knuckle it and hire yourself a cookie slapper!! You got this girl!!

Feel better!

Meggles07
on 12/13/16 5:24 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Daisy, don't wish for anymore snow here (GTA-ish??)... If the temps stay as they are we will have a white Christmas!! Lol. Although shoveling is good exercise.

I have one very very vivid Christmas memory that I'm often reminded about. The year Super Nintendo was popular my mom and grandparents got it for me. We played it a bit, but little Meg was sent to bed. When I woke up the next morning I found out that my mom and aunt had stayed up through the night playing it and had completed 97% of Super Mario. I was so mad that I deleted their game file. Needless to say they were not impressed with little Meg. When my cousins get video games for Christmas I'm often asked if I remember when I got my Super Nintendo...

Meg~

Teena D.
on 12/13/16 6:23 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

My 12 year old took a pic of the snow yesterday and added a hashtag #thisismychristmasgift.

So I replied back that I'm so glad that I don't have to shop for him anymore! :)  

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Daisydoo02
on 12/13/16 1:14 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Sorry Meggles I love the snow and I am in the Caledon area so we get lots of snow! For sure I think we are having a white Christmas, nice for a change.  

I LOL'd at your "so mad that I deleted their game file" ha ha ha ha I would have so done the same thing ha ha ha ha ha  

Super Mario still rocks to this day!!!