What's on your Menu Today (Wednesday) RNYers?

stacyrg
on 11/23/16 9:11 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning.  No long weekend here.  I have tomorrow off work, but will be in the office on Friday.  It's partially my choice, in my office we live and die by the billable hour.  We have to bill a minimum of 2,000 a year.  Once you hit 2,000 anything over that is factored into your bonus and salary.  I'm at 2013 as of today (which I think is pretty good, given that I had surgery in July and missed a chunk of work) so anything I bill until the end of November (the end of our fiscal year) basically equals a little extra money for me.  So, I'll likely work from here on out through to 11/30. I'm running the downtown LA Turkey Trot 10k in the morning then going to my aunt's house for thanksgiving.  I need to bring brownies, so I'll head to the grocery store tonight because I didn't buy enough unsweetened chocolate.  So annoyed at myself, because the store is going to be a zoo, but on the bright side, there's a Starbucks in the market, so treat for me!

DQOTD: I haven't Black Friday shopped in a while, since I'm usually working.  This year may be an exception.  My fitbit died and I need to get another one.  Kohls doesn't have them on sale, but I will get Kohls cash, so I may fit that in sometime between work.  Maybe an extended lunch?

My plan:

B: scrambled egg, 1 oz ham, 1 slice american cheese

L: Chili

D: NY Strip and salad (maybe on the salad.  I'll see how I feel)

S: 4 oz fairlife milk, skinny peppermint mocha if I feel like braving the line at Starbucks (since they don't accept mobile orders. Grrrrr)

Totals: Cal: 753; Protein: 86g; Fat: 25g; Carbs: 28g

CJ On Orcas
on 11/23/16 9:53 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Good morning menu gang, and Happy Thanksgiving!

QOTD:  NO BLACK FRIDAY here.  Anyways I have already shopped at amazon.com for the past two months and most all of my gifts are wrapped up waiting for a tree to put them under ;).  Can you say Christmas addict?

B: Premier Protein chocolate shake, coffee with Fairlife ff milk

L:  Vanilla protein pudding, babybel cheese x2

D:  Poached egg, 1 oz Boar's Head roast beef

S:  sf jello, calcium chew x2, 10 kalamata olives

Totals:  630 calories, 73 protein 30 carbs 24 fat

yvonnef1964
on 11/23/16 11:33 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi menu gang,

I got up late this morning so everything is off today. Plus i was dealing with a friends problem.

Im going to my dad's for thanksgiving.  We are having chicken instead of turkey.

QOTD I dont do black friday. I went one year and thought this is crazy. I usually dont have any money so i dont do the computer either. 

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese 

L cheeseburger

D pork loin and peas 

S Greek yogurt,  turkey sausage snack sticks and cutie orange

Have a good day

G2GAWAY
on 11/23/16 11:53 am
RNY on 05/16/15

Hello everyone. I took vacation this week and have been enjoying my free time to do as I wish.  Although what I wished wasn't hanging out at the house today and yesterday to try to get our AT & T Uverse working properly....Terribly long story, but we have had about 10 service calls in the past two months and still receive scrambled pixelated signals when watching live TV and recording (sporadically).  Here is hoping that this is the solution.  I typically only take vacation days to go away somewhere, so this was weird. We are going away tomorrow on the 3 day Mexico cruise with one of my daughters, her boyfriend, my hubby, and his sister and her husband. Should be lots of fun. My other daughter is on her own vacation in New Zealand. Lucky her. I don't enjoy cooking at all, and am not a huge fan of Thanksgiving food, so I am happy that I can order something else on the ship tomorrow.  They are all coming home for Christmas so I will have to cook something for that.  Honeybaked here I come....haha.  Actually, everyone will help and it isn't all that bad. It is just so much production.  We usually camp and deep fry turkeys for Thanksgiving, so this is a big departure for us.  

I don't like that people have to work on Thanksgiving so shoppers have a few more hours to shop. Not fair. I have never been a big Black Friday (or Thanksgiving night) shopper. It seems overrated to me and the savings don't outweigh the anguish. I get those that do it as a family bonding event though, that could be fun.  I am a big fan of experiences over stuff and have evidently got that message through to my kids because they want nothing that we have collected over the years and don't give me much of a list to do my shopping. Their birthday is 3 days before Christmas which adds to the challenge. We celebrated their birthdays as half-birthdays in June until they got into high school and asked to switch to their real birthday. 

Menu is up in the air today. We are going to see Hedwig and the Angry Inch as it is in my season at the Pantages and my day is today. Not looking forward to the traffic into LA, but going with friends and we are leaving earlier than normal and trying a new restaurant. I will likely have some type of fish or seafood.  As AT & T just left I am going to run out and do a few errands and pick up some shrimp.  I will squeeze in a protein shake to get my protein up since I haven't dealt with eating breakfast yet due to the technician being here.  

My Kindle started fading in the corner on Monday (it is THE original Kindle, so I have gotten my moneys worth).  So, I did partake in Amazon's sale this week and have a new one on the way, scheduled to arrive today and I have done some shopping already on my days off (the girls have serious boyfriends so had to add them to the mix).  My husband and I don't exchange gifts.  We would rather take a vacation, so we are going to the Caribbean in January. Shopping done for him. LOL.  I actually really did let him choose the destination.  I will be off the grid for a few days because I am not about to pay for internet on the cruise ship.  

Have a great holiday.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

cc583
on 11/23/16 3:11 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hi everyone,

Very small Thanksgiving this year...just me, my wife and her best friend.

QOTD: No way to Black Friday shopping for me.

B: 2 egg whites, ultra thin slice of cheese, 1 slice of Canadian bacon

L: 2.5 oz low sodium ham, 1 whole whea****er crackers

D: shrimp, clams, 1/4 C whole wheat pasta

S: protein powder mixed w/sugar free powerade

Chobani fat free yogurt

Cals:507, Carbs:34, Fat 8, Protein:73

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?