What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Queen JB
on 11/19/16 3:02 am, edited 11/19/16 3:05 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning! 

Why why why have I been up since 3am? I've had a hard time sleeping for the last few nights but I'm not sure why. Probably just weird work stress balling up and rearing its ugly head in weird ways. But I made the best of it and spent the last few hours on Pinterest to find good sugar cookie recipes :) and now I'm binge watching Gilmore Girls. Yasss! Anyway, I have these really adorable tiny leaf shaped cookie cutters, so my BFF is coming over later and we're going to make teeny tiny cookies for Thanksgiving. 

We are also going to put up the Christmas lights today. Yep--we are in full holiday mode--cooking, lights...whee! QOTD: Do you decorate outside for the holidays? Grim does it up big! I've always lived in an apartment or condo so I've never done outside lights. I'm excited! 

My eating has definitely been off track all week. Again, I'm blaming work stress, but that's a bad excuse. I need to get my head back on straight. I'm also committing to doing some exercise today! Either a quick morning run or some time on the recumbent bike.

B: Fit Frappe Protein Coffee x2

S: Greek Yogurt

L: ham & cheese 

S: a few teeny tiny cookies ;)

D: steak tips

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Insert Fitness
on 11/19/16 4:28 am

Morning!

In Ottawa, Over the past week, 2 synagogues, a rabbi's home, a mosque, and a united church with a black pastor have all been vandalized with hate graffiti. It's terrible. We are planning to attend a service at one of the synagogues this morning, that is hosting an all faith gratitude service for the support they've received, and a show of solidarity. I hope there is a strong turnout.

qotd: yup we are inside outside Xmas decorators! I think we'll get our lights up this weekend too! My mother in law went through a pretty major ceramic phase, so we have these 2ft tall carollers that my husband also sets up on the front lawn. Very 80s, but I kinda love it hahaha

Menu:

I'll be honest, I have no idea, which isn't great... but it will be protein forward, and my calories are consistently where I want them again, so we'll keep that streak going.

have a great Saturday everyone!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Queen JB
on 11/19/16 8:43 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That's terrible about the vandalism. What a terrible time we're in. I'm so sad. I hope that there is a good turnout.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 11/19/16 8:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that kind of stuff seems to be happening all over.  Horrible.  I'm very sorry you're getting it in Canada, too.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

ttfan
on 11/19/16 4:57 am
RNY on 08/15/16

We don't decorate outside, we live in an apartment.  But JB sounds like you guys are going to have a lot of fun today!

Breakfast
Lean Steak
Stir Fry Veg.
Lunch
Skinny Beef Stew
Dinner
Oncor - Gravy & Salisbury Steaks, 1 Patty w/ 1/3 Cup gravy
Beets Cooked
Snacks
Quest Protein Powder - Salted Caramel, 1 scoop

Totals cal 561 carbs 30 pro 63

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

chassibi
on 11/19/16 5:32 am

Good morning! I'm starting to get excited for Christmas but not sure DH will get too excited until after Hawaii. We don't get bac****il 12/10 and he wants to wait to put up a tree until then. Not sure that's gonna fly. Haha. We do both inside and outside deco. Christmas is when my house is the most beautiful, although I do need to start updating some of my decorations. 

B- tea with sf creamer, chobani flip

L- tuna melt, no bread

D- turkey meatloaf, green beans

S- Cajun turkey; warm premier protein 

cals- under 600, protein 80

**need to stay on point today went over yesterday with 2 cookies and 1/2 of s breadstick. Ugh. 

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Kakesie
on 11/19/16 5:39 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning JB and Menu friends!

QOTD:  I'm not "handy-man" enough to figure out how to hang lights outside, but I may try to figure it out this year.  I scored two nice, long strands of LED multi-colored Christmas lights on our town's Dollar Auction site the other day for only $1!  In other years we have hung lights indoors around the windows so they can be seen from both the inside and outside.  My daughter always wants to get a live tree, but they drop needles and are such a mess.  I may try to talk her into putting up the artificial one this year.  We can put it up earlier that way.

My menu for today:

B:  Crepe w/ fresh strawberries, cream cheese, cool whip

L:  Lettuce, spinach, 2 h.b. eggs, bacon, cheese, low cal dressing

D:  Stuffed peppers

S:  Light n Fit Greek yogurt

S:  Roast beef & cream cheese roll-ups

Exercise:  Walking the dogs around the subdivision  

We didn't go for our walk yesterday because it was bitterly cold and wickedly windy out.  Today I will put a sweater on Tippy and a coat & mittens on me, (Blossom already has a thick fur coat) and go whether it's cold or not. 

Have a FUN Saturday everyone!

~ Karen  

peachpie
on 11/19/16 6:41 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I use only ever do artificial trees-- now I can't imagine going back to them. I hated getting all scratched up straightening the branches- and I hated storing it

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/16 5:46 am

Breakfast -1 cup  cilantro chicken salad (fat free ) made with chicken breast, thigh , fat free mayo I have to order online salt pepper and coriander ( cilantro ) mince paste I buy at an Indian store. Half a toasted bagel and milky chai tea. 

Lunch - some kind of bean: maybe a Greek salad w chickpeas fat free feta cheese and fat free dressing 

dinner - out with the boyfriend - I'm guessing mussels with marinara . I always take my butter buds with me in my purse to make "lean " dishes more satisfying

karenp8
on 11/19/16 5:55 am - Brighton, IL

Happy Saturday fellow menu Folks! Lily and I both put our coats on and got our 3.2 miles in already this freezing morning. At least it's finished. Even with the cold weather both had a great time. We don't decorate at all outside but do put a few things up inside. We don't even bother with a tree since the boys are gone but put out some other decorations and a nativity. JB,you are a stronger woman than I as if I had cookies of any size in my house they would be gone quickly,even though I knew I would be dumping. My house has to be a no sweets zone which is a bummer as I love to bake. Now I bake them and take to potlucks or senior meals where they go home with someone else. I get the fun of baking but keep my weight stable. Post op 4 years 23/4 months and weight at 117 today. Here's the eats B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 1/2 c chicken salad 1/2 c green beans D 31/2 oz strip steak 1/2 c green beans S mission one chocolate brownie protein bar .  Have a great day everyone and make some spectacular choices ! 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 405 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 383 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 379 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 191 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?