What's on your Menu Today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Deanna798
on 11/18/16 5:58 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning gang, I hope everyone has had a wonderful week.  I am hosting a birthday party for my little one this weekend, since his birthday is on Monday.  He's turning 3 years old.  This is the most recent picture of him.  My mom sent it yesterday when he fell asleep for his nap.  Isn't he a cutie patootie?

Today is Friday and I'm glad for the weekend.  I feel good about how my week has gone, though I'm about to get real up in here. I went on a binge last night.  I don't know if it was because I hit my lowest weight ever yesterday and it freaked me out, or if it was because we were talking about food at work yesterday and I just had so much stuff in the house that could tempt me.  I ate chocolate, licorice and popcorn all after my dinner.  I also had a glass of white wine.  So, I went to bed at 9pm, since I've been exhausted since I started getting up so early.  I woke up at around 11:30 shaking and covered in sweat.  I kid you not, this is the worst I've ever felt in my life.  I got up and ran downstairs to the kitchen where I ate half a chicken breast and a small piece of pie.  I checked my blood sugar about 5 minutes afterwards, because I was finally starting to stop shaking and it was in the 50's.  Talk about scary low blood sugar in the middle of the night.  So, I have learned my lesson and will be vigilant.  I am not perfect (as you all know about me) but last night was extreme with the amount of junk I ate, and my reaction scared me enough to make sure that I don't repeat that again.  

Here I am today with a binge hangover... I'm so much a work in progress.

15.5 months since surgery

B: 1 egg, 1 slice thick cut bacon and 1 light laughing cow cheese on an english muffin

L: chicken salad made with mayo and pickle relish and some steamed veggies

D: shrimp with ****tail sauce

S: Light and Fit Crunch.

Totals

calories 880 Protein 85 carbs 65 fat 20

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

achelle131
on 11/18/16 6:00 am
RNY on 08/30/16

What an angel! Love that photo!

RNY: 8/30/2016, Consult Wt: 263 lbs, Surgery Wt: 243 lbs, Current Wt: (3/8/17) 166 lbs, Goal Wt: 150 lbs

M1: -26 lbs, M2: -10 lbs, M3: -9 lbs, M4: -16 Lbs, M5: -12 lbs, M6: -4 lbs,

Kakesie
on 11/18/16 6:15 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Kal is SO precious, Deanna!  I just want to pick him up and cuddle him!  I miss my daughter being that small.  Savor every minute ... they grow up so fast!

NYMom222
on 11/18/16 7:03 am
RNY on 07/23/14

1st- sleeping babies, nothing more precious

2nd- If we learn from our mistakes, they are good lessons. Unfortunately you ate those things after dinner- when I make some poor choices, or something that I just say-eh-that wasn't the best choice- it then becomes my meal.

Being you have  glucose monitor I am assuming you have had blood sugar problems before... So need to figure out what works. I believe Hala has talked about having small amount of nut butter before bed helps keep blood sugar good overnight. (Hala- correct me if I am misquoting here)

We are all works in progress....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Deanna798
on 11/18/16 9:49 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I was insulin dependent diabetic before surgery, and my diabetes has been in remission since.  I have felt icky before, when I ate something sweet and I attributed that to RH, but after last night I KNOW that my past wasn't really serious Reactive Hypoglycemia.  Last night was just stupid of me.  I knew better than to eat all of that junk, hell, I knew better than to buy it.  Normally, if I was to have a snack in the evening, it would have been one of those things, not ALL of them.  Add on top of all the simple carbs, I had a glass of semi-dry riesling.  I think the combination of all of those was like a magic mix of crap that sent me spiraling.

Thank goodness I ate and felt better this morning, but it honestly terrified me how horrible I felt.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

cc583
on 11/18/16 1:31 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Last week my wife bought a bag of Frito's for herself and I made the stupid ass move of having just over a handful I felt like I was gonna die. Holy crap, it hurt so frikin bad!!!! Not that I like it but I was grateful for the very painful reminder to stick to the rules. I most certainly will not being eating any crappy food for a very long time if ever!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

lizz122964
on 11/18/16 7:22 am

He is a cutie patootie.Todays a new day. Be kind to yourself 

Emiepie
on 11/18/16 10:05 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope the party is a blast. Glad you're feeling better. 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daisydoo02
on 11/21/16 5:14 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Kal is so beautiful, you are blessed Deanna! I hope you feel better, that sounds like such a scary experience!  

lizz122964
on 11/18/16 6:10 am

Good morning Daisy and menu friends,happy Friday!! No big plans for the weekend, a little Christmas shopping. Hopefully time with the grandkids. Oh and I want or need to get a new mattress. Since I've been losing weight my back (across my bra strap) has been giving me a lot of grief. Also my tailbone is so sore, especially when I wake up and I've been sleeping on my back. Does this get better? If I was to come back an animal I'd be a cat or dog. Hopefully I'd get a wonderful family and would be spoiled like our animals have been. 

QOTD: Here is a picture of the tattoo I had done a few weeks ago in memory of my daughter Meghan.

Its huge on my page, sorry if it is on yours.

Menu 

B 1Hard boiled egg and1 chicken nibbler

L Protein drink and PB2

D 1/2 cup of Turkey chilli 

S 3/4 cup of Plain Greek yogurt 

Totals 654 calories and 83 grams of protein 

Have a great weekend everyone 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views