What's on your Menu Today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 11/18/16 6:44 am

Congratulations mr. and mrs. Bananny!

Beautiful photos!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Dcgirl
on 11/18/16 6:51 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Anny you look unbelievably gorgeous!  Congratulations!

Here are the recipes I have been loving recently:

BBQ Chicken in the crockpot: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/235111/slow-cooker-barbeque-chi cken/

Honey Garlic Chicken in the crockpot: 

http://realhousemoms.com/slow-cooker-honey-garlic-chicken/

The sweet apple chicken sausage from Trader Joe's - I make it in the toaster oven until all sides are browned, and then dip it in tons of dijon mustard - delicious!

I have been munching on a lot of pickles recently, for crunch.

Ground turkey tacos with light sour cream and Mexican cheese and hot sauce on top

I tried a wonton cup wrapper recipe (one wonton wrap isn't too too bad for ya) and filled it with buffalo chicken, but it felt more like an appetizer than a meal (but it was delicious)

I have been doing rotisserie chicken salad too - buy the rotisserie chicken, break it down, then when it's cooled I mix it with red grapes and mayo.

And then I always love a big old pot of turkey chili.  Ground turkey browned in a pan and added to crockpot.  Use same pan to saute diced onions, red pepper, green pepper, garlic, add to crockpot.  Then add in a couple of chili seasoning packets, some chicken bouillion, a small can of tomato paste, a large can of tomato sauce.  Let sit allllllll day...

I know you're not a fish person or I would say try the dover sole filets from TJs!

Now that you cook for Mr. Bananny, it's nice to try new recipes since you don't have to eat all 12 servings by yourself ;)

Daisydoo02
on 11/22/16 5:28 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Everything about this post I love, we have such similar tastes!  I am so copying this and saving it for later! LOL

And you inspired me this past weekend to buy a jar of pickles, OMG I could eat the jar in one sitting, next is going to be a jar of Olives, I love olives!

And I love your idea of getting a rotisserie chicken and making your own chicken salad, brilliant!

Thanks for the ideas girl!!!

lizz122964
on 11/18/16 7:06 am

Congratulations,you look absolutely stunning.Purple is your colour.

Emiepie
on 11/18/16 10:02 am
RNY on 08/11/14

LOVE!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mschwab
on 11/18/16 11:39 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Congratulations to you both, and the pictures are beautiful.  Your yarn flower bouquet turned out fabulous!  I made something last week that I loved.  I spiral cut butternut squash and roasted it in the oven.  You don't have to spiral cut it.  Cubes would work as well.  Then I took some boneless, skinless chicken thighs and cut them into chunks, and sauteed them with red peppers and onions.  Then I put a jar of Trader Joe's Green Curry Simmering Sauce in the pan.  I let it simmer for 10 minutes and then served it over the roasted butternut squash.  It was amazing and came together super fast.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

cc583
on 11/18/16 1:06 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Congratulations MRS. Bananny !!

Here's great recipe that WLS friendly. I found it on here. To the person that sent it to me, please forgive me for not giving you the credit but I don't remember who sent it to me.

White Chicken Chili

Just thought I would post a very easy recipe for the pressure cooker. It is not in the cookbook pdf that many of you requested. I ran it through MFP saying this made 8 servings, and it came up to 238 cals, 16 carb, 3 sugar, 23 protein, 3 fiber, 5 fiber. Super tasty, and crazy easy! You could lower the carb and cals by omitting the bean, but I am a fan so I keep it in. Without the bean, it would still make a nice chicken dish. 

1 can Rotel tomatoes with chilies, undrained (smaller size- 15 ounces or so forgot to check)

1 can corn, undrained (I used a bag of frozen today, and added in 4 ounces water)

1 can black beans, draining optional (I didn't drain, stats reflect this, but you could cut some carb if you do I think)

1 pound boneless chicken breast, I did it from frozen

1 packet ranch seasoning

2 tsp cumin and 2 tsp chili powder, tbsp cumin, adjust to taste, crushed or diced garlic to your liking, (if you want it a little spicier add a few good shots of hot sauce)

8 ounces low fat cream cheese.

Everything but the cream cheese in the pot. 15 minutes high (*poultry button) and 15 minutes natural release. Take the chicken out, put the cubed cream cheese in. Stir a bit, and put the lid back on. Shred the chicken, and return to pot. Done! Lots of flavor. The serving size is generous and very likely too much for the typical smaller sleeved person. Nice and hearty, loaded with protein, and did I mention easy so that even this lazy butt of a cook here will make it! By the way, it seemed like there may not be enough fluid at first- but it came out great. 

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Daisydoo02
on 11/21/16 4:49 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

CONGRATS Mr & Mrs AnnyBananny!!! OMG WOW, stunning!!!!  I eloped but if I was do a "wedding" I would pretty much copy everything you did because I think its just PERFECT! I am so over the moon happy for you Anny. You look phenomenal and your dress is amazing!!!! And a Facinator, I love that you wore a facinator, like I said, everything is perfect, thank you for sharing! 

I am sorry you feel you are out of control.  If there is anything I can do to help please let me know!  You know the "rules" protein forward, low or no carb and if you have to white knuckle it for a few days to get the sugar/carbs out then its gotta be done, but I know you can do it, I got your back girl!!

My fav recipe right now is Tandoori chicken. Not sure if you and the Fella like East Indian flavours but I put a pre made Tandoori spice rub in the International section of my grocery store and I put plain greek yogurt. I put 6 chicken breasts on a plate and poke them on both sides with a fork. In a separate bowl I put 3/4 - 1 cup of the tandoori spice mix and about a cup of the plain greek yogurt, mix the two up until I have a yogurt paste. I put in plastic gloves, and smear the yogurt/tandoori spice mixture all over the chicken on both sides and put the chicken in a large freezer zip loc bag to marinate in the fridge between 24-48 hours. Then I bbq them up and they are amazing!  I make basmatti rice and peas for my hubby and I just eat the chicken with either a side salad or peas. Its amazing and I eat it for a few days!

Congrats again!  Don't be a stranger! Miss you 

supershopper
on 11/18/16 5:32 am

Hey ya'll- I actually was NOT a slacker this time and uploaded pics for today!

Last night I made pork loin in my instant pot, rice noodles for DH, edamame, and buffalo cauliflower. It was yummy! have tons of pork left over so I suppose my menu will be chicken, ham and pork since that is what I have in fridge for next few days.

Today's plans include: work, dentist for 6 month check up, running to my new fav thrift store because they are 1/2 off today and tomm, then home. We will probably eat out for dinner I suppose

We are replacing the carpet in our guest room upstairs and DH has turned the closet in that room into a mini office for him- built this amazing built in small desk and installed an electric outlet and everything. So proud of him! So it will give him a quiet place to work. We need a few more carpet squares so will run out tomm to ollies and get some more (they have it on sale and I have an extra 15% off!)

QOTD: hmmm- never thought about it. I suppose the deadliest animal is the mosquito due to all the the disease carrying. I really woudn't want to be a bad animal though. I think I would choose being a sloth- they are adorable and sit around eating veggies and other foods all day.

Calories were 781 yesterday, 116 prot, 34 carb

today I'm having

B: egg whites i think/ decaf/prot powder/miralax/almond milk

S: not sure probably last of chicken/veg

L: probably same

D: think we will eat out/maybe fish or chickfila nuggets (grilled)

S: maybe yogurt again

Here is ms Cynthia and I in NYC a couple weeks ago. We were shopping of course! Last pic is of my fun start of Christmas nails! Next ones will be more harvest oriented for next week.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Kakesie
on 11/18/16 6:05 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Great picture of you and Cynthia, Hillary!  Love the hats!  Pretty nails, too.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 340 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 151 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?