What's on your Menu Today (Tuesday) RNYers?

G2GAWAY
on 11/16/16 10:52 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Thanks. I understand that everyone is different, but I was trying to get a relative picture of what constituted no/little body fat for your PS.  I will see what the Dr. says on Friday.  Glad things went so well for you.

Cory

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

pammieanne
on 11/15/16 8:26 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Wow, I can feel how hard maintenance will be just from reading this post.

My friends and I (that have had WLS) have a saying... You do You. There are so many right ways to not only do this WLS, but to do the maintenance... you'll find your way. You're one of the people I really learn a lot from on here, and I relate to your journey for so many reasons! We have things in common in our personal lives, and we both started at the same weight, are about the same height, and love our boobs (ha)!

So, I'm watching you navigate through this whole maintenance thing! (are you worried now ) Hahaha! (I have faith you'll do great! and I hope I follow in your footsteps!)

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

stacyrg
on 11/15/16 9:08 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Happy Surgiversary, Daisy!!

stacyrg
on 11/15/16 9:22 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning all.  I really need to make an effort to post here.  I'm having a rough time lately, and I complained so much to you all prior to my conversion to RNY, that I feel bad complaining again, so I've been staying away.  I read every day, but haven't felt much like posting.  Still don't, but I'm going to force myself.  Without going into too much detail, my acid has made a reappearance, and rather than being a once in a while thing, it's an every day occurrence.  Also, I'm having issues with food, maybe???  It started with fruit.  About 10 minutes after eating any fruit, my heart would start to pound like it was trying to escape my chest.  My surgeon told me it would likely mellow with time, and that I should cut back on fruit or any sugar until I was a bit farther post surgery.  It's now started to do it with any food I eat.  It's very disconcerting.  I can feel my heart pounding and I swear I can hear my heart beat.  I'm not sure who I need to see about this.  Surgeon? Cardiologist??  Stop eating???  Anyway, I've been trying to deal on my own because I don't want to dump on all of you.  But I had a minute, so I thought I'd post.

DQOTD:  Like you, I like it all.  I LOVE the Harry Potter series, but won't shy away from a good chick flick or a comedy.

My plan:

B: 2.87 oz sliced deli ham

L: Sausage and peppers (It was cooked in marinara sauce and I'm going to try and wipe most of it off since it's high in sugar)

D: Pork chop and asian slaw

S: 4oz fairlife, Sliced deli turkey, almonds if need be

Totals: Cal.: 819; Protein: 86g; Fat: 39g; Carbs: 32g 

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/15/16 9:44 am

hugs.. the only thing I can think of is food allergies. 

food and or additives.  

There is the skin scratch test for food allergies and there is very detailed blood work.. 

I hope you get an answer. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

stacyrg
on 11/15/16 9:50 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Thank you!

catwoman7
on 11/15/16 9:47 am
RNY on 06/03/15

oh no!  I'm so sorry to hear that acid has returned!  After going through a second surgery, too - how awful!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Dcgirl
on 11/15/16 12:02 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Awww Stacy, you need to come here and dump on us!  That's what we are here for.  This is the only community of people who get it, who at least can relate to some of what you are going through. Perhaps try a most on the General Discussion board and see if anyone else has had this happen and can say what they found out about it?  Seriously, you are not a "complainer" and don't ever hold back from asking for advice or just a shoulder to cry on from this site.  That's what the community is all about.

And I am sorry you are having that happen.  RNY was supposed to cure the acid reflux!  I would be so unmotivated and sorry for myself if moving from VSG to RNY didn't solve everything.  I am so sorry.  No words of advice, but you may find someone who has experienced this if you ask in a general post.

Good luck, don't stay away, and keep us posted!!!

stacyrg
on 11/15/16 4:12 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Thank you!

Emiepie
on 11/15/16 1:02 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Stacy, please know that is what this group is for...to be there for one another. I would reach out to your surgeon first and see what he says and of course go from there. Feel free to call if you need to talk.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?