What's on your Menu Today (Tuesday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 11/15/16 4:55 am, edited 11/15/16 5:11 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning everyone! Cold here, frost all over my car at 5:30am! It's supposed to snow on Sunday where I live and get cold next week, I love snow but I am not ready for the cold!  Not sure about you all but I am having a hard time staying awake in the evenings. Not sure if it's because I get up so early (4:30am) or now that it's dark at 5:00pm my body goes into sleep mode. I am trying to get things done but falling asleep on the couch seems like a much better idea ha ha ha 

QOTD: So I am mixing it up, we have so many newbies here, and a lot of our regular menu posters have disappeared so a lot of my QOTD don't apply to newbies. So today's QOTD is when it comes to movie genres what is your go to. If someone invited you to the movies right now what do you want to see? Horror, the Classics, Mystery, Comedy, Drama, Autobiography, Animated, or Fantasy (think Harry Potter).  I like it all, but I think my first choice would be Fantasy, I love the Harry Potter movies, the Lord of the Rings movies that kind of thing. Close second would be either Comedy or Animated because you can never have enough Minions!

Time since surgery: 3 Years TODAY (will do a separate post about this)!!

B: tuna with balsamic

L: 4oz tandoori chicken with hot sauce & half a red bell pepper chopped up

S: 2 babybel cheese & 6 green grapes

D: 4oz tandoori chicken with hot sauce & half red bell pepper chopped up 

S: Mr Cheese Os Cheddar (approx. 10 pieces) & Protein Hot Chocolate

TOTALS: 731 calories, 107 protein,  36 carbs, 23 fat

V: PatchMD vitamin patches are on 

L: 4 coffees done (1 with Miralax), rest of the day lots of ice water with a splash of SF cranberry juice

E: hike the dogs as soon as we get home from work, then going to step class tonight at the gym

5 weeks & 5 days to Christmas, in case you all forgot! 

ETA: my totals were wrong I had 16oz of chicken in MFP by accident and forgot my Protein hot chocolate snack!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Teena D.
on 11/15/16 5:13 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Woot Woot!!! Happy Surgiversary Daisy!!  Congratulations! I found out yesterday that I'm tentatively looking at late March early April for my surgery so that's getting closer... 13 months approx from when I was referred and about a year from the initial orientation.

We had a power outage last night. Worst part (lol) was that everyone's phones died so I wasn't able to contact any of them this morning to make sure they got up for work and school.  I was barbecuing chicken and cooking potatoes on the barbecue- a nice treat for November for sure.  However, there was 1 chicken quarter I had claimed for lunch but my youngest didn't hear me and ate it. So I will be looking for something AMAWC friendly today for lunch.  Actually we have a greek place across the road so maybe I will get a souvlaki skewer. :)

I haven't had breakfast yet and my boss brought in hot fresh bagels.... I will resist the temptation!! I have a protein shake that  I will have for breakfast.  I don't want to buy 2 meals. :) 

On another note, I've now lost 12 lbs since my highest weight. :) I still haven't decided if I'm going to do anything about the super tight sleeves on my dress... it fits great everywhere else.  I'm looking forward to the Christmas party.. 

Movies- hmmm - I prefer comedies.  Occasionally drama, and animations are always good too. Once in a great while I like a good thriller.  

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

ttfan
on 11/15/16 5:13 am
RNY on 08/15/16

Good Morning!

Favorite movies for me are war movies or any Tom Hanks movie, Forest Gump is my absolute favorite and I probably have seen it 50 times...lol  Run Forest Run! Me and Jenny are like Peas and carrots...lol

Breakfast
Beef Stew Home Made
Lunch
Hotdog 1 frank (glad when these are gone!)

Dinner
pork ribs
buffalo cauliflower
Snacks
Quest Protein Powder - Salted Caramel
Lite and Fit Greek Yogurt

Totals cal 678 carbs 32 pro 72

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Teena D.
on 11/15/16 5:41 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I loved Forest Gump!  But I've oly seen it once. Could definitely see it again though.

Grim_Traveller
on 11/15/16 6:07 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I like Forest Gump, but I can't get on board with the peas and carrots analogy. How about burgers and cheese? Or bacon and sausage?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/16 4:52 pm

buffalo cauliflowerb? kind of sounds awrsome and maybe even. exciting ! please share ut recipe 

ttfan
on 11/16/16 2:00 am
RNY on 08/15/16
On November 16, 2016 at 12:52 AM Pacific Time, quutgrrl wrote:

buffalo cauliflowerb? kind of sounds awrsome and maybe even. exciting ! please share ut recipe 

Sorry no recipes, I bought them at Walmart, yummy!

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Deanna798
on 11/15/16 5:34 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning DD2 and my crew.  I've been MIA while I transitioned into my new job.  It's crazy, my commute is nuts compared to what I was used to, but as of this morning it's all good.  Today is day 2, and I'm just settling in.

I was under the impression I would be working on site at our client, but it turns out that I won't be there as often as I thought.  I'll likely only have to be on site there a few days every month for meetings.  I'm a little sad, because it would cut my commute in half, but over all I'm still happy with how things are.  So far I like all my co-workers, and this is much better office environment than I had before.  I believe I'm going to love this.

As for DD2QOTD:  Comedy all the way for me.  Or super hero action movies, I love a good movie.  I also love musicals, so there's that as well.  

15+ months since surgery

B: 2 egg cups (this is a large breakfast and I know I can't keep eating like this.  I wake up early and eat one at home when I'm getting ready, then I just ate one here at work.  I'll have to scale back and eat something smaller at home going forward)

L: turkey and cheese on half a flat out with tomatoes and mayo.  

D: roast turkey breast and veggies

S: Shrimp with ****tail sauce and a light and fit greek yogurt

totals

calories 936 protein 106 carbs 45 fat 37

I'm going to try my very best to get back on the boards on a regular basis.  I've been missing you all and I've been missing your support.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Teena D.
on 11/15/16 5:42 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

What is an egg cup?

Deanna798
on 11/15/16 6:11 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I just made mini quiche (no crust) in muffin tins.  So, I made an egg  sauteed spinach, onions and bacon together and mixed it in with cheese and baked it into muffins.  I can it in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm one up and it's like a delicious mini omelet.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 405 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 382 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 379 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 191 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?