Can I wear my own pajamas in the hospital??

Vinasu
on 11/10/16 7:56 am
RNY on 08/10/16

About one in six patients (or so I was told by the nurse), cannot urinate for the first couple of days after surgery. I was one of the lucky ones and ended up with a catheter to take home which I removed myself. 

The gown was much more practical.

HW: 250+ SW:215 (W leaving hospital: 224!)

CW: 138; DR GW: 166; MY GW: 130

M1: -20, M2: -8, M3: -14, M4: -11, M5: -8, M6: -5 M7: -7 M8: in progress

CJ On Orcas
on 11/10/16 9:45 am
RNY on 09/09/16

LOLing at the person who said you won't care if you have anything on... that was me.  I brought a new gown, robe and slippers.  I ended up with two IV's so could not get a gown on, and anyway the two hospital gowns I wore (one for front, one for back) were great.  Just took the back one off when I got back into bed.  They need to see all of your incisions, so depending on where they are your entire belly needs to be exposed.  I did not want anything around my belly for a couple of weeks.  I barely wore panties in the beginning, and definitely not in the hospital.  I had a catheter for the first day, then when I had to use the bathroom I had to go so badly that I barely made it and was grateful there was nothing to have to pull down because I certainly did not want to bend over.

I did wear my new outfit home from the hospital, and it was nice to feel like a normal person.

Steph Meat Hag
on 11/10/16 10:11 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

As soon as I got back to my room I asked "what do I need to do to get outa here" we laughed and then I asked her to write it up on the board.  It included going pee, drinking, and a few other things.  I said great so the first order of business is walking... can I get my underwear?  She laughed and I got my undies, my own socks, and a pair of shorts and off to the races I went.  I was only up in my room for about 5hrs, they didn't pull the IV till I was mostly dressed and ready to roll. So I'd not plan on a robe or your own shirt.  They did let my sister put on her bra though before she got up for her first walk.  If you talk to the nurse ahead of time they can unscrew your IV tube and let you put on a bra if it's important to you for walking or whatever.

This isn't the norm but I do not like hospitals so I was highly motivated to leave, and this was a revision from band to VSG.  My doc confirmed that I could leave at any time I felt I was ready.  So my goal was to leave before traffic :-)

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/11/16 3:35 pm, edited 11/26/16 9:48 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Listen to Peach pie.  They put 2 gowns on me - one opening in the front and the other in the back - so you are covered up when you are walking. I was also hooked up to cardio monitors - 4 or 6 leads.   They give you nice warn socks.  There was blood on my gown, so don't take anything that is nice.  I wanted as least as possible to lug around. 

If anyone wears glasses - take an old pair in case you leave them - you won't care if they get lost.

Sharon

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 310 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 277 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 269 views
Ajjj! It?s Monday!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 85 views